Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

RIP Blackness 1999-2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nelsonmd
Do you know what salvage yard it is going to? I would love to stop by and grab stuff off of it. I could grab stuff for others here too if needed.
It's at a salvage yard out in Lancaster - IAA. I'm heading out there later this week to grab what I can, so I'll ask them if they're open to parting it out while I'm there.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mikel1871
I feel your pain, in 97 I bought 2 limited 4runners twins you could say (me and my girl).drove them as DD until we relocated back to Wilmington NC and within 3 weeks we were down to 1.It was a similar type hit but more to the rear of the passenger side, the force riped the rear axle off the truck and then continued to place some nifty groves in the road with the frame.It was a toatle loss and I felt like tearing the mans head off(yapping on his cellphone still even as I showed up) needless to say he didnt make it to work and was arrested on the spot charged with neglegent driving ,running a red light,causeing a accident with bodily harm.My girl spent 2 weeks in the hospitial with broken leg,ribs,concussion, and alot of brusing.
Im sure you can still strip the electronics even if they did get wet just let the mair out real good while your hunting a new rig.We salvaged the audio from ours after alot of wet weather and all but the subs(box and speakers were thrown out of the rear and died instantly) made it ok.Sorry to hear but like the others said your ok and really thats all that matters.
Your accident had a much more severe impact than mine did, so hopefully your girlfriend healed okay and is good as new.

I'm going to grab the electronics this week: Sony head unit with full bluetooth capability, the Sirius adapter, and a powered sub that fits under the driver's seat. Not including installation fees, I spent about $500 on that stuff, plus another $300 to put it all in.

I'm serious about those tires; they didn't come on the car so I'd like ot grab them and give them to a friend. We'll see what my insurance company says.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by YotaNewbie
It's at a salvage yard out in Lancaster - IAA. I'm heading out there later this week to grab what I can, so I'll ask them if they're open to parting it out while I'm there.
Aw, that sucks. I'm sure they won't part it out, that's not their business model. They will sell to salvage yards that will part it out.

It has alot of stuff I have been looking for though, leather driver's seat, rear hatch (looks undamaged), rear axle. Shoot, if I bought the whole thing, I'd probably take the engine and tranny out of it too, and the CA's all around (assuming it's less rusty than mine).

Come think of it, I'd take pretty much everything. Man I wish I didn't rent. I would be all over that thing.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 PM

Ouch! Glad you're okay, definitely could've been worse. I'm actualy selling mine if you want to replace it. I have it posted on t4r DOT org but not sure if it's okay to link it here. PM if you're looking for another 3rd gen. I guarantee you mine is the cleanest 3rd gen you'll ever see.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM

I got a replacement 4Runner...

I decided to go with a 4th generation 4Runner and so far I'm pretty happy with it. It's a much larger vehicle, or at least it feels like it when I'm in it, but it drives nicely and I like the looks of it. Right now it's pretty much stock but I'm going to make some small changes, mostly aesthetic, to make it my own. Specifically, I plan on swapping out the Limited Edition running boards with some Sport Edition tube steps, I'm going to put some Bridgestone Revo 2's on it (stock size), and I'm going to move all of the electronics I pulled out of my old 4Runner into this one. Once that's done, this will be a pretty sick truck.

Here are a few pics:

Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 PM

removed

Last edited by vm7118; 08-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.