Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Got my Power Tank today

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got my Power Tank today

Hello all,
Well I got the call from Central Four wheel drive in Everett, and I wnet down there to pick up my new Powertank PT-10. I got the black tank with the bracket and hose. I took it to Central Welding Supply in Lynwood where it cost $11.94 to fill it up. I got it home, and came upon a problem- the female hose connector wouldn't open up enough to plug the hose end into. $401.00 and it wouldn't work! I ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying a couple of them, a female/male one to replace the original one on the regulator, and a female/female one to go on the other end of the hose. Now I just have to figure out where to mount the damn thing. I am thinking of mounting it in the bed behind my NATO 20 litre water can (right side) since my 5 gallon gas can is on the left. Can't wait to try it out. Got a ? How do I link my new pics that I uploaded to Webshots.com so that I could share them with everyone? Thanks...
Old 11-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
That's rad man.
Now you mean the female connector on the tank itself would not accept the mail end on the hose?

That is strange.
I did have to go to Sears and buy a few ends.
I can't remember if they were for the impact wrench, or the hose.
It's been awhile since I have owned the tank.

I paid about $16 to fill mine down in Kent, not to far from the Kent Central 4WD store.

For some mounting ideas, have you been to PT's mounting page?

The second row of pics on their site is my setup.
A couple of pics down from mine is a setup in the back of a pickup truck, and he has a fire bottle next to it too.

Have fun with the tank. Jim had fun filling his tires back up last saturday with mine.
Worked very fast.

On the picture think, Webshot's does not allow direct linking to pics outside of their domain.
What you can do is when you are on the page that shows the picture, just copy the whole URL that is in the address bar, and paste it here as a link that we can click on.

Or just point us to your folder once you are logged out of your folder.
If you want pics to show up in the post, you can get a Monty Pics account.
The pics will show up here in the post as long as you use the IMG command on the tool bar above when you compose your post.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If we're talking about the air hose couplers, there are different styles. There is an industrial interchange type which I think is the most popular. There is also an automotive interchange type and something called Aro interchange type, and maybe more. You have to look fairly close on the male part to see the difference but it is there. Not sure you can tell at all on the female ones. I got the wrong type by mistake once and they acted like they would fit, but the two parts didn't quite "lock" together. If you go somewhere that sells air tools (even something like Home Depot), I think you will end up with the industrial interchange type.
Alan