Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need help on deciding what rims i should get

I need help on deciding what rims i should get when i get my lift and tires
my first idea was to keep the stockers but i drifted away from that idea
here are the choices i have come up with:

$89
$45
$65

here is a pic of my runner if i get the black wheels i will prob remove the sticker any other recommendations please feel free but the i need to stay super cheep

Thanks guys

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-10-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Title clarity per posted sticky
Old 02-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it were me I'd get the Black ones for $89 just because I like the color black ,but If I were on a budget I'd get the ones for $65
Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM

these for sure where did you find these prices ?

btw what tire and rim size are you runnin in those pics
Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 PM

yea if your looking for cheap ones go with the rockcrawlers but check out cragars from summit they are 38 or so if i remember right...but stick with black.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM

yeah i was leaning toward the two black ones but i think ill get the beadlocks to be different but im still not sure
and ill be sure to check summit thanks

Originally Posted by beat86

these for sure where did you find these prices ?

btw what tire and rim size are you runnin in those pics
as and ye shall receive http://www.roughcountry.com/black_wheels.html
Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 PM

do you guys think that when i remove the stickers the paint will be a different shade?? Keep in mind that the paint has been very well maintained...
do you think it will look bad with the sticker on there? i guess ill just make the decision when everything is finished but jw what you guys think
Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM

I would think that it wouldn't be too bad since it's white, but if your OCD like myself it might bother you if it's just a little off..
Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 94Runner4x4
yea if your looking for cheap ones go with the rockcrawlers but check out cragars from summit they are 38 or so if i remember right...but stick with black.
good call found these for $40 will def take these over the other "plain" black steel rims that were $45 bc they are different than what most people have... and cheeper if i decide to get them
Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM

i just removed my stripe with a drill mounted rubber wheel that they sell at napa and on the net......i had a difference in shades but i also was due for a polish and a wax so once i did that the two sections faded quite nicely into one another and 2 months later they are all the way integrated to one color...and that is on a shiny red runner...with white u will be fine....just let the area get some sun and oxidation for awhile after you strip and polish.... i say go black w/e you do...[for wheels]
Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 94Runner4x4
I would think that it wouldn't be too bad since it's white, but if your OCD like myself it might bother you if it's just a little off..
yeah true it would bug me for about a week haha

Originally Posted by mudhoney
i just removed my stripe with a drill mounted rubber wheel that they sell at napa and on the net......i had a difference in shades but i also was due for a polish and a wax so once i did that the two sections faded quite nicely into one another and 2 months later they are all the way integrated to one color...and that is on a shiny red runner...with white u will be fine....just let the area get some sun and oxidation for awhile after you strip and polish.... i say go black w/e you do...[for wheels]
thanks for the info would you say that is the best way to remove the strip
Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 PM

for sure...the wheel comes about 5-6 inches across and is made out of industrial type eraser material...you put it in your drill tip and go up and down along the stripe..it essentially erases the stripe with ease..less than 15 minutes per side and you cannot damage your paint at all..trust me..it really is an amazin and quick little deal..just pay attention to the manufacturers guidlines about maximum rpm and your all good..then polish polish polish....g/luck
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM

i would reccomend the simulation bead locks, got them on my truck and love the way they look and the lock sticks up and acts as a great bead protector, its saved my ass a few times.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Want cheap? 33x10.50 on the stock rims painted black
Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by tc
Want cheap? 33x10.50 on the stock rims painted black
haha naw i already got the 35s need cheep rims
Old 02-11-2009, 06:10 AM

for sure...the wheel comes about 5-6 inches across and is made out of industrial type eraser material...you put it in your drill tip and go up and down along the stripe..it essentially erases the stripe with ease..less than 15 minutes per side and you cannot damage your paint at all..trust me..it really is an amazin and quick little deal..just pay attention to the manufacturers guidlines about maximum rpm and your all good..then polish polish polish....g/luck
I'd be careful with the rubber wheel. Too much time in one spot and you'll screw up the paint. I worked at Dodge in the "used car reconditioning" shop. And the body guys were showing us how to take stickers off cause we got a huge trade in from a lawn comopany so they had their stickers on the doors and whatnot. Some of the stickers weren't coming off very easily so he had to stay in the spot for a bit more and you could tell where he had stayed too long.

I'd just get a plastic razor and a heat gun personally. I never had any troubles with that
Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Contributing Member

The eraser wheel is great but with white paint only, (all other color will be fine) the eraser will leave yellow marks on your paint making it impossible to get off, I paint cars and see this all the time. Use a heat gun or a hair dryer and mineral spirits or thinner to get the glue off

You can get the white wheels in a lot of different styles and they are a lot cheaper because they are less popular, use a scotch bright and scuff them real well and paint them your self. Just my opinion......

Last edited by Shawn6string; 02-11-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:58 PM

Went with the simulated beadlocks!! Couldn't be happier

But one more question should i keep the stripe or no?