FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

Kess's FJC Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Kess's FJC Mods

So sometime tomorrow afternoon my first mod will be done. I ordered the in channel window ventshades and should be here tomorrow. I also talked the wife in to letting me get the M-Pac rack and packs. My question is with the rack and packs is there a combo I can buy instead of buying each inividually?

Also still looking for the components to the power inverter part numbers. Anyone have those handy so I do not have to wake up early and call the dealership. I enjoy my sleep since I am working nights.

Will keep yall posted on the mods. Also are any of you in the central cali area? I looking to some local trails but no clue where they are since this is my first 4x4.

Steve
Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Talking Ventshades

My ventshades arrived today and went on as well. First little mod down many more to go.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Kess
I also talked the wife in to letting me get the M-Pac rack and packs. My question is with the rack and packs is there a combo I can buy instead of buying each inividually?
Steve
Hi Steve.
Yes, there is a combo pack where you get all the packs like I did.
Two large packs, and two medium packs for the rack, a carry bag that fits into the right rear cubby hole (if you do not have the factory subwoofer) and two small packs that can go in the front or rear door pockets.

They should be able to set you up at Springfield.

I put the Ventshades on the first week, they make a huge difference in the wind buffeting you in the face when the windows are down some.
Plus they keep the rain off the electronics on the arm rests on the doors.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 PM

Power inverter

So I had to go back to the dealership today to re-sign somepaper work for my regerstion. After that was done they decided to give me a 1/2 tank of free gas so I went to the parts counter and asked about the factory power inverter. The parts guy qouted me $1400 dollars for the inverter and relay. So I told him I would think about it.
I got home and started looking in the back for the wiring harness and connetors to find out the only connector I have in the back is for the subwoofer. I then went to the console to see if the the subwoofer switch blank off was wired. It was. So I decided to what other blanks off where wired in. I found that the Auto LSD and Atrac blanks are wired. What does the Auto LSD swith do? Could I use the Auto LSD and Atrac together? So I have 3 blank plugs in the console. Leaves a lot of options open.

Well since I had my little screwdriver I decided to see the blanks on the left side of the steering wheel were wire or just blanks. Well those are blanks. What goes there in those two switch spots?

Where is a good place to find a power inverter that will fit in the stock location but with better range?

Last edited by Kess; 01-31-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added my orginal question
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 AM

As for the power inverter, I have the factory one on mine, but as you know (or may not) they are somewhat limited. Only 400W. This is fine for most small things, well even some big stuff too. When our power was out for 3 days due to a severe ice storm, I ran my bigscreen tv and satellite and computer off the FJ, just had to go start it every 5hrs or so to make sure the battery didn't get too low... But anyways, I also have a nice 1500W inverter I picked up for around $100 for use camping back when i had my 4Runner. Its about the size of a car stereo amplifier. I didnt hard mount it. When i needed it camping, I just popped the hood and connected with big clips to the battery. Worked great. I would go this route rather than buying the way overpriced factory inverter. Heck there my even be enough room behind all the plastic panels in the back to mount one of these aftermarket inverters...

Paul
07 FJ
Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Yeah I had posted I decided to do some research on the power inverters. I checked out several forums and I decided I am goingto go with a Corba 2500. It has enough outlets for what I want to use it for and I figure I could route the outlets where I want them with a couple wire splices and extensions.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah 1400 hun for a 400watt inverter is crazy.. i would junkyard if you wanted it just to have....