General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Seafoam Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by toyomonkey
Really? I was just following the instructions
Yeup!

Does it hurt to do a second treatment?
Nope!

fwiw, there are a couple of "big" Seafoam threads here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/seafoam-verdict-69490/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/seafoam-injector-intake-cleaner-good-stuff-64836/

It's a lot of reading, but there's a lot of discussion.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by toyomonkey

The PCV valve is easy to get to on my truck. So all I have to do is remove the PCV valve and pour it into the hose? Should I remove the PCV valve from the hose, or pour it into the valve?

Suction (vacuum) comes from the intake manifold, (which is where the other end of the PCV hose goes to) not the PCV/valve cover. So you need to remove the hose from the valve, and insert it into the bottle of seafoam. it will suck it out itself due to the vacuum, so no pouring required. It will suck pretty fast, so take it easy. Do a little at a time. Read the other seafoam threads.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just about to use some sea foam in my 4runner but, after reading some of the posts about it, I think I will wait until I need to change the oil again.

I read some of the posts where someone hydrolocked their engine with it (I'm still not sure what hose they poured it in) but it seems to make sense to let the PCV hose suck in a little at a time into the manifold so it will reach all the cylinders evenly.

Course of action seems to be:
1-Wait until an oil change is about due
2-Use seafoam by (as per video)
introducing it into the manifold with the PCV hose (allow engine to stall by increasing sea foam flow)
pouring some into engine oil
pouring some in gas tank
3-Let soak in engine from introduction into manifold for as long as possible (overnight?)
4-Restart engine and run engine to let it clear and burn off the freed carbon deposits
5-Change oil
6-Change or clean spark plugs

I'm not sure why stalling the engine is beneficial (maybe someone explains it in a post I missed).

Does my thinking on this seem logical to anyone? Like I've said, I read some of the posts but I want to make sure I do this right because I definetly don't want to hydrolock the engine or do someting else harmful. Thanks for any validation/verification on this.