General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Line-X Finish results

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by stanz
Line-X corporate has gotten back to me. They want me to go to a different franchise for a full strip-down and re-respray. That franchisee will work beyond normal business hours over the weekend to get it back to me by Monday next week. All this at no cost to me.

I have to say that Line-X corporate has really stepped up. They have been extremely professional, responsive and genuine through this entire process. I'm excited that I may actually be able to reassemble my interior soon!
That is awesome!!!! I wouldn't be suprized if that lesser franchise gets shut down or gets some sort of diciplinary action. Make sure you tell her that a huge truck/4runner community is hearing about this whole experience. Please give us the name of the place that we should not be taking our buisness too.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, glad to hear that the higher ups are taking care of their customers. as i was reading your posts, i was weary of you having to go back to the original shop to get it resprayed. good thing they recommended you go to another line-x facility. stand your ground and keep us updated!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM

What was the name of the shop that did this horrible mess spo that our fellow Oregon yotatechers dont go through this hell. Keep us posted on what happens.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Already noted in my write up above. The owner of that franchise also owns Line-X of Tualatin, OR
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Keep on them brother, When it all works it self out, you will be very pleased with the outcome. Sucks you had to jump through so many hoops. I had my whole floor pan linex, all bumpers and sliders, and a couple of misc things as well, and That was a few years back! holds up great, looks great, to, I have also added accessory mounting points, so I have taken the Linex off where I need to weld, finished the project, and took it back to them and they HAND applied linex to make it look good. After about a month or two you could never tell anything had been done!

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Update: Line-X corporate called me late last week and arranged for me to go to a different franchise (Line-X of Gresham) to redo my 4Runner. They worked it out with him that he would work after hours and all weekend to get it back to me by Monday.

Robert, the franchise owner at Gresham, did an excellent job. Really knows the product and really values his customers. I could not be more happy.

The verdict after the fact was that the original franchise had failed to properly prep the surfaces and their mixture for the chemicals was way off. By the time I got it to him I had even more bubbling and peeling -- it was a disaster.

I highly recommend the Gresham franchise to any of you in Northern OR or SW WA.

As for the other franchise owner -- he owned two franchises in the Portland metro area. Both franchises vanished this week from the Line-X Find a Dealer page of their website -- not a coincidence.

I'm now finally getting to begin the reassembly of my interior after having it ripped completely out for the past month while all of this went down.

Glad that this has a happy ending.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Pics or it didn't happen...

Glad it all worked out, finally. Now you can breath a sigh of relief, get your truck back together, and enjoy the finished product. Looking forward to seeing how it looks.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 PM

I'll get some up. I didn't bother taking any of the prior finish issues, black on black doesn't photo well.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 PM

Received 217 Likes on 159 Posts
Good to hear glad they fixed this and yes you can't post without pics!!!! What a tease
Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 PM

Ok. So here are some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72188695@N05/7126477185/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/72188695@N05/7126477801/
I don't have the rear seats installed yet so I don't have the diamond plate panels for them to show just yet.

Last edited by stanz; 04-29-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM

Update! That LINE-X is closed!

Originally Posted by stanz
I dropped off my 86 4runner to have it's interior bed Line-X'd this week. I don't know why, but they needed it three days. Anyway, I went to pick it up this morning and I was disappointed with the inconsistency of the finish, one side had a nice even texture and the other side looked extremely globby.

Additionally, it had lint stuck in it where the guy admitted that he leaned on it and his sleeve lint got stuck in it.

I refused to take delivery and asked for it to be resprayed. Obviously he'll clean-up the lint, but he said that the consistency is not something they can control.

I find this extremely hard to believe because I've never seen anyone else's turn out like this.

Anyone have opinions on this?
Milwaukie LINE-X is closed and a shop thats been around forever and has an awesome reputation has taken the territory. NW Runningboards is now the LINE-X in the area and they do top notch work. I just had my tundra sprayed and it looks sweet. Talk to Jason @ 503-655-0987 and he will take care of you. Also I told them about this thread and they said all warranties are still valid and they can process those just in case there is a problem.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM

I too use to work for Line-X up here in Canada. And the consistency of the spray is 100% controllable, it has to be! It is up to the guy spraying to make sure that it is VERY consistent. When ever the guy was spraying (actually was the owner of the franchise because he won't let anyone else do it), he made sure the the prep work was done correct or else it didn't get sprayed. And when he was spraying and he made a mistake, everything else stopped until it got fixed because you only have seconds until it starts to harden then, it's too late. It has to get grinded down and started over again....time lost is money not made! Line-X is a excellent product and it is very much in cooperates better interest to make sure it's it applied right and they have nothing but happy customers.

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the product, that Line-X has come through for you and that the first place you went to is now out of business.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by michael1963
I too use to work for Line-X up here in Canada. And the consistency of the spray is 100% controllable, it has to be! It is up to the guy spraying to make sure that it is VERY consistent. When ever the guy was spraying (actually was the owner of the franchise because he won't let anyone else do it), he made sure the the prep work was done correct or else it didn't get sprayed. And when he was spraying and he made a mistake, everything else stopped until it got fixed because you only have seconds until it starts to harden then, it's too late. It has to get grinded down and started over again....time lost is money not made! Line-X is a excellent product and it is very much in cooperates better interest to make sure it's it applied right and they have nothing but happy customers.

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the product, that Line-X has come through for you and that the first place you went to is now out of business.
That shop that was in question had a super bad reputation and LINE-X dropped them like a hot potato! The new LINE-X in Clackamas is top notch and would never ignore their customers.