YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Newbie Tech Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

what for a fj60

i was thinking about getting a only land cruiser and gaving it a spoa lift but first i want to know where i can find some nice lift spring to go along with the spoa. can anyone help me?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
treadtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Contributing Member

nismo.juke xDxMon3terxCx
Send a message via MSN to Belize Off Road Team
For good lift springs check out OME (Old Man Emu) lifts.
2013 Nissan Juke Nismo, Turbo 4cyl, 226bhp, Nismo suspension, Nismo CVT, Injen CAI, Injen Cat Back exhaust, Nismo 18" wheel w/ low profile tires, GT-R Suede front seats, Suede interior, Sat Nav/XM Radio, Rockford Fosgate Audio, AWD-V system.

SHIFT_
Belize Off Road Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

are they capatible with spoa?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Contributing Member

nismo.juke xDxMon3terxCx
Send a message via MSN to Belize Off Road Team
you mean you want to do a Spring Over Axle conversion. SPOA...so yes OME would be compatable with a SPOA conversion, in fact i think they sell a SPOA kit.

But if i remember, the Land cruiser's come with the springs over the axle already because Toyota was smart enough to do that unlike Jp or Ford or Dodge. Here is what i found about lift kits:

Types of Suspension Lift Kits:

Spring Over Axle (SPOA):
SPOA suspension lift kits are most popular among serious rock crawlers looking for the utmost articulation (up and down wheel travel). These truck lift kits keep the tires on the ground for maximum traction, while correctly lifted springs lifts everything out of harm’s way, including the springs.

Shackle Reverse (S/R) Suspension Lift Kits:
S/R truck lift kits are designed to provide a smooth ride upon mild terrain such as forest roads, desert driving, and scenic trails; however, high-speed driving on highways is not recommended.

Coil Suspension Lift Kits:
The choice of many of the world’s best-riding 4 wheel drive vehicles, Coil Suspension Lift Kits offer unrivaled ride quality and cheaper springs, but installation sometimes requires some welding. The end result, however, is a suspension lift kit that provides excellent articulation on the trail, and a comfortable ride you have to feel to believe.

Lifted Spring Suspension Lift Kits:
The most commonly used type of truck lift kits in the world, Lifted Spring systems are easier to install, and an excellent choice for first-time lifters in the off-road world. These truck lift kits allow you to run larger tires for additional clearance, while producing control on the highway.

Shackle Suspension Lift Kits:
As probably the most affordable way to add inches to your rig, Shackle Suspension Lift Kits are primarily for the truck enthusiast looking to add larger tires, yet are not intending to do much hardcore off-roading. Moderation is recommended with these truck lift kits, as Shackle systems are known to affect steering and sway control.
2013 Nissan Juke Nismo, Turbo 4cyl, 226bhp, Nismo suspension, Nismo CVT, Injen CAI, Injen Cat Back exhaust, Nismo 18" wheel w/ low profile tires, GT-R Suede front seats, Suede interior, Sat Nav/XM Radio, Rockford Fosgate Audio, AWD-V system.

SHIFT_
Belize Off Road Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Threadstarter [OP]

Smile

thanks for the help
Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)

FJ60s (as well as -55s and -40s) are spring under axle and shackle forward just like the Jeeps, the spring over and shackle reversal did not happen until the mini-trucks - '79-'85). And realize that with a spring over swap will give you 4-5" of lift off the bat. The OME springs will work fine with spring over, a buddy of mine has/had a '60 with that setup, it is really tall. He runs 35s with no problems.
Project: 4Crawler
4Crawler OffRoad - YotaTech discount code
Gettin'Off 4WD Club
4Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #7

nice my new 75 pickup already stuffs 35 in the rear with the suspension system and 35s on ifs on front... cant wait to get my 60 axle rebuilt and sprung over... i think mini truck axles just look too narrow and tippy my fj-62 axle is beefy and i think will work really good with no wheel spacers..but i dont think the 60s were common in the states because everyone uses mini truck.. but in canada its way easy to find a 60 or 02 or 80 series axle but the mini truck axle gets scopped up by sammurai guys

Where you go is your buisness, getting you home is ours
bigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #8

i would call alcan spring and see what they can do for you
Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1985, 2003, 60, axles, fj, fj60, kit, kits, landcruiser, lift, limited, montero, samurai, shackels, spring, suspension, suzuki, swap, toyota