Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Show hydraulic plow guts please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show hydraulic plow guts please!

Hi! Yeah, I was asking about this in another section, but didn't get too far. I have finally figured out I have a Fisher A2311 pump system that came with my plow, and it came off an '88, w/22RE. Have figgered out how the plates & frame go together....how the pump will mount up....BUT

I really need a pic of ANYONE'S HYDRAULIC VALVE BLOCK, mounted! It's supposed to mount on the valve cover somehow, and a pic would REALLY make this part go a lot easier for a noob like me!

I really appreciate what help anyone can give - winter's coming!
Thx.

~Mike
Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I doubt there are a lot of these out there. Is this a dealer installed plow? Or completely aftermarket? Maybe someone else can chime in, but I'm at a loss... Sorry bro.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 AM

Yeah, not exactly an everyday question, but there are SOME out there. i just need to see how the valve block is attached to the valve cover (I'll figure it out eventually, but it would be nice to see the hose routing, if you get the pic...). Maybe someone will see this - it was a very common plow 'back then'! I picked the whole deal up for $300, looks to be ok, and the guy guaranteed the pump is ok, so.....worth doing, IMO. I have a reasonable driveway, don't think the Yota would have trouble taking care of it.
$50 a visit if I don't get this on! Ouch. Gonna be a snowy winter, I think.

This is the installation guide from Fisher....close enough, I just wanna see what one should look like 'in place'! How the hoses route around the intake manifold, the mounting, and how they pass out thru the grill...

Thanx

http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcom...299_022690.pdf
Old 11-02-2012, 01:09 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Wow that is a strange set up!!

All the ones I had were all self contained and only the control cable and power were routed from the battery and the control to the joy stick.

Solenoids mounted on the valve body mounted to the pump only short hoses to the angle cylinders . I guess converting to that style breaks the budget.

With this set up I am guessing with the valve mounted at the rear of the engine you have a physical linkage that operates the valves. Coming into the cab.

I would say route the hoses so they don`t burn don`t rub you might have to make a hole in the radiator support

well for $300.00 you have your work cut out.

I saw your message on my Home page how it ended up there ??

Did you get that figured out? trying to figure this out without detailed instructions or pictures can drive one crazy.

If they fit on a 88 I don`t see any major suspension changes but who knows.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 AM

I searched (again) for "plow", and saw you talking to someone about theirs, so I dropped you a PM...weird it brought you to the thread (?).

Yeah, it's old-school hydraulic....everything seems to be in good shape, but now....the plates interfere with the steering! So either I mod them, or put the whole rig back on Craigslist, LOL! About 1 more day invested and I'll be doing that, i think...the snow isn't going to wait for me to get this running.

I think I have the hyraulics figured out, so of course I have to go back to square one on the plates....yes, it's the old type with cables into the cab that actuate the valves on the block mounted in the engine compartment. I'm just old enough to remember when they were ALL like that, ha ha!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Replying to myself here, but....I got a look at a plow frame from a truck that had IFS (sorry to the dude whose truck I jumped under while he was parked, ha ha!). I cut my own plates and came up with the pix below, which seems to be pretty much what the other guy had going.
I'll know if my idea was the right one come, oh, January, he he!

Red arrow is where i'll run a small bead to make sure they can't move backward...I had to add that pc. of angle.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Have to pat myself on the back a little...a whole lot of time and a little ingenuity later, and I have me a workin' plow! Thanks to those who were able to offer help. If anyone else gets in a bind with an old hyraulic, shoot me a PM.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Glad you got it all figured out.

Try not to break anything!!:jessica::jessica:
Old 11-16-2012, 06:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome job bro! Sorry we couldn't give you more help. I'm a Southerner, so my snow plow knowledge is lacking. Glad you got it operational, and thanks for giving us the info for someone else who may need it.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM

No problem, guys...everyone does try to help where they can on the boards here, which is appreciated, but if you didn't have a plow, well then - you didn't have a plow! As with all this stuff, perseverance usually gets it done!!

1st run today, to see if the hoses are going to be good etc., only 2" of snow, so I had a good time banging things around! Nothing broke

Pretty good use of $300!!