YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Newbie Tech Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

22r Distributor Vacuum Advance

I have an 86 Toyota Pickup 22r. I'm trying to find out how to diagnose the distributor vacuum advance to find out if it needs to be replaced or not. I tested both tubes with vacuum. The one closest to the distributor will hold vacuum but slowly lose vacuum. The one further away from the distributor will not hold any vacuum at all. Does this mean that the vacuum advance diaphragm is bad?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #2

Your vacuum advance unit is bad, both sides should hold vacuum. I had to replace the vacuum advance unit on a truck i owned a few years ago, and the only place i could find one at was the dealer, and it cost me 200.00 dollars (no joke), you can buy a complete new distributor for less than that.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
myyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #3

That makes sense, I knew this was going to mean "expensive."
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #4

Yea man, you wouldn`t think that part would be so expensive, maybe 50-60 dollars tops, but i had to have it. It wasn`t until later that i realized that i could have got a complete new distributor for alot less.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #5

ok so i'm having the same problem. where are you finding new (not rebuilt) toyota distributors for cheap?
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooey View Post
ok so i'm having the same problem. where are you finding new (not rebuilt) toyota distributors for cheap?
Check out www.rockauto.com or www.partstrain.com

Old 09-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
22r, 85, 86, 91, advance, bad, diapraghm, distributor, distributor86toyota22r, hold, pick, pickup, springs, toyota, vacuum