Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Uh-Oh...Here Goes (91 3vze overhaul)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bammabam
HELP!!!!
Well... as things sit right now, I finally have the fire damage fixed, and figured out (after the jacka$$ at the wrecking yard screwed me over) that the engine wire harness for my 4runner is not the same as the one for the sr5 truck of the same year....(wow...this experience just wont end). Now I need to find another wire harness that goes between the engine and whatever the box is behind the passenger kick pannel (ECU im guessing). I havent been able to find anything locally and figure there is no harm in asking anyone who reads this thread if they know of someone who may have one they dont need and might be for sale, pehraps they might contact me (please!!!)
I would love to get my 4Runner back on the road....

If you whole engine went pop, I suggest going with a 4runner engine for ease. If you are going to get another truck engine, or stick with the one you have, you should get the ECU that matches your engine. Seems obvious, but thats the problem I feel you're dealing with at this point. You'll also have to find another donor anyway to find a whole wiring harness that isnt fried extra crispy.

For a second I thought you were doing a 1UZVE swap, silly me. If were and you're sick of 'plug in engine go boom' and are willing to pay for it, I say look at the aussie company Venom (not the US nitrous guys) who does the wiring harnesses custom. here's their site: http://www.venomcobras.com/services.html#top Otherwise, its gonna be more of the same for you I'm afraid. Good luck, too bad I can't be of more help!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...But wait.... there's more....

I was was trying to track down the actual part # of the harness I needed today and found out that (according to my VIN) thad during the month my truck was produced there was a change in the wire harness. I dont know what the deal is...But I hope that the change in harness just has to do with a connecter (knock sensor connecter is what I guess...but what do I know, I lit the thing on fire). Is there anyone out there that has dealt with this issue....? Is there a difference in the wiring harness (more then changing a connector or two)?...

This thing better be able to leap buildings in a single bound.....be faster then a speeding bullet......when Im done (although Ill be happy with somethng that runs right now)