Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Push Bar question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Push Bar question...

now i bought a homemade(i think, no name on it anywhere) push bar for my 91 4Runner, ad it is very nice and handy to have...IN North America where the roads are smooth as silk and when you o on a trail, you never travel fast enough to move things on the push bar. Now down here in Belize, i have Hella Black Magic mounted on the middle bar and some wal-mart brand phantom triple lights (Driving, Fog and Theme) any way, the phantom lights used to be on the license plate holders on the bumper, but the holders cracked and broke, so i welded them to the lower bar on the push bar and it fixed THAT problem. NOW i have to stop my Hella' from moving the middle bar around, so what happens is when i go out, the Hella's end up facing down on the road, so if i used them, i would see nothing, thewires hold them from completely going around in a circle. NOW i want to either take this complete push bar off and mount the Hella's to the bumper and mount the Phantom lights to the valance. OR find a way that will stop it from moving with out welding anything. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me. Also, if i cant find anything by next week, it comes off and goes for sale, the only hitch of selling it is it has mounts welded to the lower bar and some mounts for any size lights on the middle bar. its all chrome and fits the 90-95 4Runner/Surf & 89-95 Pick-up/Hilux. Please, i love the way it looks on my 4Runner, but i will take it off cause it is more trouble then help.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Contributing Member

Anyone????? Please!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Post a photo of what you are talking about. Not sure what is moving, the lights or the bar they are mounted on.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

the Hella black magic is being moved to the bumper, and the smaller lights is being moved to the lower valance...and all i can do is links cause i still have not figured out how to post pics

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...86_36_full.jpg

sothe small lights will go under the valance under the orange signals and the Hella's will go next to the head lights kinda a bit more center butso that you can still see TOYOTA
Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

any ideas to maybe stop the Push bar from moving so much?
Old 07-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Belize Off Road Team
any ideas to maybe stop the Push bar from moving so much?
Figure out what part is moving and then figure out a way to fix it in place. Drill a hole and use a bolt or weld it or something like that.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
In my experience, those chrome grill guards aren't really designed to do much than add chrome to the front of a vehicle. Generally, they are pretty flimsy and tend to vibrate or move. I know because I mounted one to my last pickup and was completely unimpressed. Live and learn.

I'd second 4Crawler and suggest just looking over how it is currently mounted and see if some additional gusseting or connection points to the bumper could help stiffen it up. The thing is, even the factory bumper tends to be a bit flimsy and will vibrate while driving... causing light patterns to shake.

You could of course start from scratch and build a bumper/ grill guard with some strength. Maybe something like this....

Now that sucker isn't going to move for anything. It's the very definition of "overkill".
Old 07-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

thanks for the info and ideas, i guess im just gonna mount a connection point through the grille, so thanks again. now i have to figure out i can chrome out the headlight bezel!