84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

marlin vs. allpro

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlin vs. allpro

my first instinct was that everything was the same products.(long travel suspension. trail flex kit vs. exreme lift kit) and thats what ive thought for a long time. ive heard that after a year or two you need to replace allpro springs because they go bad. and the marlin springs dont. is this true or just rumors?
Old 03-21-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
marlin.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Contributing Member

Save money and do chevy's 1/2 ton in the back and toy rears up front. look on pirate for the details. and save yourself about 1K.
B
Old 03-22-2006, 07:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
chevy springs are way too long, and i don't like having spaghetti noodles for springs up in the front...
Old 03-22-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by RED 85
Save money and do chevy's 1/2 ton in the back and toy rears up front. look on pirate for the details. and save yourself about 1K.
B
i really thought about doing this but i think i'll get way more flex out of the marlins. the chevys are soooo thick. and plus. i need a gaurented lift. i am one of those people who want to do it once. and the right way. i want to put on my suspension, have 4 or 5 inches of lift and then leave it be. i dont want to add leaves, and experiment with overloads and add and subtract all kinds of half leaves and long shackles. im going to take out a loan from the bank. and buy a marlin trail flex kit. get my 21" of arcticulation and my 5" of lift. and be very happy
Old 03-25-2006, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by darth brian
i really thought about doing this but i think i'll get way more flex out of the marlins. the chevys are soooo thick. and plus. i need a gaurented lift. i am one of those people who want to do it once. and the right way. i want to put on my suspension, have 4 or 5 inches of lift and then leave it be. i dont want to add leaves, and experiment with overloads and add and subtract all kinds of half leaves and long shackles. im going to take out a loan from the bank. and buy a marlin trail flex kit. get my 21" of arcticulation and my 5" of lift. and be very happy

Agreed...21" of travel ....mmmm...mmmm...good!!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
You will hear all kinds of jeers and boos from each side of the fence.

I have the All Pro 5" Extreme Kit and it works just fine and is well put together kit. I have been nothing but happy with it.

I have bought stuff from Marlin, Trail Gear and All Pro and they all have excellent products. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, so if I was buying a lift kit currently...I would go with whomever had the cheapest price...which seems to be Trail Gear w/ FREE shipping at the moment.

All the stuff about American made products (they are Japanes trucks for goodness sake) and sagging springs (they ALL sag over time) and blah blah blah is just the same old crap as in highschool...idle gossip and opinions.

Good luck and keep us posted, but I don't think you'll go wrong with any of their lift kits.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:03 AM

yea the marlin kit is cheaper so i may go with that one. the only reason im posting this is not because that the allpros start to sag. like u said all springs sag eventually. ive heard that allpros have a bad lifetime. sag pretty bad after only a year or so. probaby a lame comparison like the chevy guys vs. the ford guys huh?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by darth brian
ive heard that allpros sag pretty bad after only a year or so.
In all my tons of reading here, on Pirate, and 4x4wire, i've "heard" the same thing from different guys. Take it for what it's worth.
I plan on getting the Trail-Gear or Marlin kit myself...both are cheaper and i can't recall reading any complaints about either one.