84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

ALL American

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALL American

Is it safe to say that I am ALL-AMERICAN? My recent purchase of an 84 Blue Extra Cab, gives me a Red(85 Truck), White(85 4Runner), & Blue(84 Extra Cab) Toyota line up. I will post pics asap. Currently building the 22RE in the 4Runner and swapping it to a 5 Speed. The 85 Truck is my bogging machine. Got to put the Mikuni's back on it and it will be ready to go. The 84 I just bought from the original owner, has already gotten a LCE header installed and new exhaust, and tune up. Paint job is coming next. Pics to follow after this weekend.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Looking forward to your pics later. Congrats on the recent purchase.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
All american? I'd say you're patriotic with having a red white and blue truck line up. but to be "all american" you'd need to have an american made car. lol...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
All american? I'd say you're patriotic with having a red white and blue truck line up. but to be "all american" you'd need to have an american made car. lol...
Hell maybe I will paint them all the color of the uniform I wear, as in digital camo. would that work for you?

I was looking to order some Toy parts from NWOR but my schedule does not jive with their 3 day work week. I can't find any prices for their products on their site. Anybody have any idea where to find prices on their products? Thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by CAPTDASH
Hell maybe I will paint them all the color of the uniform I wear, as in digital camo. would that work for you?

I was looking to order some Toy parts from NWOR but my schedule does not jive with their 3 day work week. I can't find any prices for their products on their site. Anybody have any idea where to find prices on their products? Thanks
well its not my decision. do you want a patriotic color sequence or camo? lol
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
when i bought my first gen,a white 79, his brother lived across the street where i used to hang out, and drove a red 80 model.
his sister and her husband had a blue 79, and a friend of the family had a yellow 79 longbed.
wish i had a picture of the yotas together. looked like a dealer show lol...
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by CAPTDASH

My hats off to you bro. You're as All-American as it gets, regardless of the truck line-up. But that is badass... Red, white, & blue Toys.... Love to see that sometime. I just north of you in McDuffie County. Actually bought my 3RZ from Vidalia... Lol
Old 08-31-2012, 05:42 PM

Thumbs up

x2 All American,
We have toyotas because its a free market and free country(let the best truck win) nothing is more American than that. I like the digital cammo truck idea, I wore BDU's and was their for the swich to ACU's, But i like the Marine woodland digital i think its the best fit for my turf up hear.

P.S. NOBAMA 2012!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by rokblok
My hats off to you bro. You're as All-American as it gets, regardless of the truck line-up. But that is badass... Red, white, & blue Toys.... Love to see that sometime. I just north of you in McDuffie County. Actually bought my 3RZ from Vidalia... Lol
I live right off of I-16 south of Dublin about 12 miles. I go back and forth through Vidalia going to FT Stewart several times a week. I would like to meet up sometime if you like. I see a handful of GA members on this site. We should get us a GA Toy club together. I have a friend who has a backyard bogging/party occasionally that you would be welcome to come to. They bog I watch & drink beer. We need some original Toys to come partake. There is one Chevota & one bad ass little 4runner that comes occasionally. A lot of BIG trucks running tractor tires and such.

Thanks for the compliments. I love soldiering. Its who I am and what i do.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by CBECK
x2 All American,
We have toyotas because its a free market and free country(let the best truck win) nothing is more American than that. I like the digital cammo truck idea, I wore BDU's and was their for the swich to ACU's, But i like the Marine woodland digital i think its the best fit for my turf up hear.

P.S. NOBAMA 2012!

Hey bro I started in BDUs as well(1988). Made transition to Desert Camo for Desert Storm. Been in the ACUs since I got back in, in 2009. Now we are about to all swap to the Multicam. I am just tired of the velcro junk.

I am thinking about painting my 4Runner ACU camo. I saw a Woodland Digital Camo pattern that looks like the ACU pattern except for the color. That would look cool on my Extra Cab I just bought. I may keep them all their stock colors though. I am too OCD to just paint the outside. I would have to do 100% painted surfaces to the new color, and that would be terribly expensive. I may do it though, can't ever tell.

That Marine Camo you speak of may be what I saw the other day. I will have to google it to see. You guys have a great weekend.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:42 PM

I'd be watching with you... Lol. I hate mud. Went last weekend, hit one little mud hole for my son, and dropped off to the side and stuck it. Water seeping in, carpet ruined, me getting soaked to hook up a strap, truck nasty. All this reminded me why I don't like mud... Not to mention the cleaning afterwards... My boy would love to watch, and I would love to watch other, properly set up trucks have a go. PM me when it's happening. I do a bit of work on bases, just did Jackson and Robins this week. Haven't done anything on Stewart yet.

But I'd love to get some Ga Toys together and see your American tribute collection.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM

I love the mud but I haven't had time to put my mud truck back together. If I know ahead of time that these guys are getting together, i will let you know. Usually it is just where a bunch of folks hang out and work on trucks, drink beer, and the next thing you know a bogging breaks out. Google NASTY BOYZ bogging, Rentz, GA. Hank has some badass videos on Youtube. It just dawned on me I have some videos from a couple weeks ago on my phone. Let me see about getting them uploaded. For a backyard bogging, it is pretty awesome.