YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 84-85 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

85 yota cooling 350

hey guys first post want ideas on how to cool it without gettin a fancy radiator i could put the old radiator from the donor truck in the back what would the pros and cons of that b
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would just get the rad from the doner truck and fab up some mounts! As long as the old rad is a good one. I have heard that 350's can be hard to cool in a toyota cuz thee isent much room around the engine! I would do a electric fan on that thing! Just my 3 cents!
flowmaster 40 series muffler
31" cooper stt's
rolled on paint job
trail gear rear bumper.
things to do:
rock sliders
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

i used a 2 core cross flow rad, with a manual fan.

cooled good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluePile View Post
I just bought a Toyota and I don't have any tools or any kind of area to work on it with and I'm wanting to drop in a V8 and clear 38's but I don't have any money and do I need to lift this if so what kind of lift and what do you recommend also I'm not sure if all terrains will work in mud is there another kind I have some rims that should work but they came off a yugo so is the bolt pattern the same...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

where you able to fit your radiator up front or in the back the donor truck was a 88 k5 blazer
Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

yes, rad was up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluePile View Post
I just bought a Toyota and I don't have any tools or any kind of area to work on it with and I'm wanting to drop in a V8 and clear 38's but I don't have any money and do I need to lift this if so what kind of lift and what do you recommend also I'm not sure if all terrains will work in mud is there another kind I have some rims that should work but they came off a yugo so is the bolt pattern the same...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

i dont have room up front to to fit the k5 radiator but could fit one in the back behind or in front of where the fuel cell will set also what fuel cell has the best bang 4 buck would the cab of the 4runner get extremely hot with the doors off
Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

i cut a hood scoop in. and cut some of my wheel wells out. Heat around the headers gets trapped. i also have two 10inch electric fans. make sure your motor in timed correctly cause that can also cause over heating!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

i got the nwor headers and motor mounts put a 3in body lift in to clear the 700r and am planning on runnin electric fans either way fenders are cut and i will put vents in the hood and heat wraps on the headers ho much heat will the radiator
Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

put out in the back
Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
350, 85, cool, cooling, engineswap, fan, forum, limeted, mechancial, pickup, problems, rad, space, swap, things, toyota, yota