Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Toyota pick need help badly

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota pick need help badly

Hello everyone

I live it beautiful Hawaii and I have a 93 pickup 3.0 automatic 4x4 n my problem is truck has a pop I guess u can say it starts it runs but u can hear a pop ever so often n wen u go to drive it if u give a little has it starts to fold over untill full throttle n hold full throttle for a second them picks up rpm n goes until it shift n it struggles till rpm builds up again it was so bad that almost to to accident wen pull out to highway did egr delete a few mouths back n truck was running fine no check engine light cane on n still no check engine light is on

so far I changed cap,rotor,plugs,wires,fuelpump,mas,distributor, overhauled injectors,did a egr delete,redid wires for injectors n distributor all soldered and heat wrapped changed temp sender,temp switch,temp time switch, did all that n still the same don't no what else could be
Old 08-02-2021, 05:34 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Does the check engine light work when the ignition switch is turned to the on or run position?

Check the simple first a spark plug wire not pushed all the way on wires installed wrong.

All the work you did has not changed the problem? The bad part is did you add any defective or poor quality parts into the mix??

So many new parts quality control is substandard.

Can you describe what you mean by a Pop a little better?

Really loud POP or just enough to notice?

Something in the transmission noises can be so hard to track down when the sound is new to you

If your getting a back fire through the EFI or exhaust I suggest you do a compression test or leak down test if you have a source of compressed air.

It sure sounds like if it is a back fire you have a intake valve staying open.

Now if this is a back fire dumping raw gas into the exhaust and your pop is loud you have a hole in the exhaust meaning either an injector is stuck open or sparkplug is no longer firing.

How did the spark plugs look when you pulled them?

If the timing belt jumped most likely the engine would not start.

Best of Luck any friends close that can help??
Old 08-02-2021, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes check engine light comes on when the key is on 9nly thing is wen I jump t1 and te1 the light doesn't flash the o/d light flashes but not check engine. Bad ecm..???

Checked plug made sure there on.plugs looked white thats y I looked at injectors and found broken plugs and carbon build up so overhauled injectors n fixed wires.but for got to check if injectors was leaking made sure they work but didn't check for leaks

as far as the pop its not loud it's wen truck is idling I can hear it thru exhaust n wen u drive jus like the motor is retarded big time but checked timing 10btDc

I don't think I installed a defected part because truck has the same problem didn't get better or worst the truck did this abut a mouth ago n found a loose wire on mafs that's then truck ran good till 4th of July what it seams like a wire is not completing a sercet or is loose somewhere but idk where. n its like wen u welding n the ground is no on good

Didnt do a compression test but if it was a burnt valve wouldn't it get worse wen full throttle?because on hi rpm truck goes its jus getting to the higher rpm its like the truck is under water but ill do one n let u no the readings

Do u think a spark plug wire could be messed up internally like its getting spark but jus not enuff or tps n mafs not talking to ecm right ?? And how can u tell if fuel regulator is good or bad.?