Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

92 22re wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 22re wiring

hey I'm new here.

almost finished rebuilding my 22re. I've ended up with a 'spare' plug. It's in the same loom as all the connections that go to the sensors that mount on top of the valve cover. I've been all over the place and can't find a sensor missing a plug and I've googled what I can think of. Does anybody has a clue? I ran it back to the ECU and according to the owners manual it pinged VF. Honestly I'm not an expert here, so any help would be great. Pictures included.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:39 AM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
According to my EWD (engine wire diagram), that connector is E5 which shows up in the diagram as California only trucks for EGR Sensor. Should be a Green and white wire, and a Brown and black wire.

If your truck isn't a Cali spec truck, then it's likely an extra connector that's normally taped to the harness and not used. Toyota liked to use the same harness for most trucks, even though it's pre-wired for the higher packages etc.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:49 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Thread closed. Tied of tracking down spammers world wide. Dear spammer: fall in a volcano