Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Rear Speaker Problem

Old 03-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear Speaker Problem

Hey guys... I'm having a really weird prob with my rear speakers. I just installed a new HU in my 4R. It's great! BUT! When I want to listen to a cd it only plays in the front speakers... and if I'm just listening to the radio, it'll play through all the speakers! What's causing this!? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rear speakers are tied into the power antenna wire somehow. I'm not sure how to fix it but I know at one time my installer just had th antenna hooked up so that it was up the whole time the radio had power. This solved the problem for me.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hm... I replaced my power antenna with a rubber coated fixed antenna... That's kind of ridiculous how the rear speakers are tied to the power antenna.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This topic has been beat to death.
You probably have separate power antenna lead and amp turn-on leads on your new deck. You need to connect your amp turn on lead to the wiring harness (blue wire) instead of the antenna turn on wire.
Each of your rear speakers have amps located with the rear speakers.
They are triggered by a relay.
When you listen to the cd player you don't need an antenna so in turn it doesn't trigger the rear speaker amps.
By using the amp turn on lead it will always trigger both the antenna and rear amps while the stereo is on.

If you have a combination power antenna/amp turn-on lead connect that to your wiring harness' blue wire.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Astralplane
This topic has been beat to death.
You probably have separate power antenna lead and amp turn-on leads on your new deck. You need to connect your amp turn on lead to the wiring harness (blue wire) instead of the antenna turn on wire.
Each of your rear speakers have amps located with the rear speakers.
They are triggered by a relay.
When you listen to the cd player you don't need an antenna so in turn it doesn't trigger the rear speaker amps.
By using the amp turn on lead it will always trigger both the antenna and rear amps while the stereo is on.

If you have a combination power antenna/amp turn-on lead connect that to your wiring harness' blue wire.

And this is why I love YotaTech. Some post from 13 years ago helps me understand why my rear speakers weren't working with my new stereo. Thanks! Now I can finally put my dash back together!
Old 04-26-2020, 06:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 881stgen
And this is why I love YotaTech. Some post from 13 years ago helps me understand why my rear speakers weren't working with my new stereo. Thanks! Now I can finally put my dash back together!

AND TWO YEARS LATER its still a life saver!