Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

FiberGlass

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memphis,

The user who actually did the write-up and used the roofing material goes by Bob_98SR5 on this forum and he is one of the moderators. Here is his info with email, pm, etc. I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:56 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
hey Memphis, I'm glad to see you didn't take it the wrong way, I meant to be joking but it could be read the other way too... Maybe I should add a standard disclaimer to my sig.
I didn't know Premier made anything but real low end stuff, my bad.

*Standard Disclaimer: It may be possible to draw assumptions that are unintended by the writer (and therefore incorrect) while reading the above post. Any assumptions on the part of the reader may be entirely contrary to the intentions of the writer and therefore any inference drawn by the reader is the sole responsibility of the reader. Always assume I'm grinning from ear to ear and having a good time when you read my posts. This may avoid misunderstanding. You may assume however, that I'm a dimwit and lack any sense of humor - that is your right, but be aware that my intentions are always of the highest sort, and any assumption otherwise might be better blamed on poor grammar and limited vocabulary rather than animosity. Never attribute to malice that which can explained by ordinary stupidity.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:42 PM

As far as I know, Primier is Pioneers highend stuff. At least is used to be.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:11 PM

hey flamed,
ya i knew you were just joking with me...never took it the wrong way....hope you never thought i did...and ya premier is the high end of pioneer... its like limited is to toyota in almost the same sense

and 00runner
thanks for all the help and the sites its really helped me alot and i might have to e-mail Bob_98SR5 he seems to know what he was doing...the only worry i have is that the foam is a sound absorber and would take away form SPL but i think i am going to use it on my floor

Also i talked to the guys at my Audio shop today and i got the idea of using 2 peices of MDF and cutting ribs in it and soakin it in water and wedging between the supports of my roof so it bows up and then glueing it there....so i think i am skipping the fiberglass and using this idea...i also got a smokin deal on the bulk kit of Extreme dyanmat....9 sheets for 300 bucks with a sponsorship so i think this is the route i am going...
once again everybody thanks for the help
Flamedx4- For the tips on fiberglass
00Runner- for the writeups
and everybody else for the tips
cody (memphis