Texas Texas Chapter

Who is good at designing stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats the problem.... there isn't one...
Try making decals from that!! I know... it was a huge pain. The only way would be to bring it into illistrator and make a vector file out of it and then you could make it as big as you wanted. It wouldn't be that hard I just don't have the time right now. You wouldn't even have to do the red really, you could add that through the program. Sorry I can't be of better help...
Old 04-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

I keep whipping these off before I have to go somewhere.
Be back soon!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

No comments?
This makes me sad
Old 04-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Banned

OHHH ... I didn't even get an email telling me that anyone had commented here ... but gosh, I looove that design! I would be absolutely proud to have my truck window sporting that!

I think it looks great, and I know that when some other guys get back on yotatech in the morning or later or whenever, there will be many more comments.

But as for me ... I think it is perfect.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Scofco

I keep whipping these off before I have to go somewhere.
Be back soon!
I like that very much Scofco.

two very small requests. can you make it white over red like in the TX flag? and also make the the color seperation sharp vs. faded?

what program did you use?
man, I wish I could use the programs that I have HAHAHA I suck.

ya'll are great.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Banned

Herk, you aren't the only one who has those programs and can't use them!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
I like that very much Scofco.

two very small requests. can you make it white over red like in the TX flag? and also make the the color seperation sharp vs. faded?

what program did you use?
man, I wish I could use the programs that I have HAHAHA I suck.

ya'll are great.
I can do whatever you want. That was just a quick draft I made before I had to run out the door in 5 minutes
I'll read comments and make a new one tommorrow.

I use Photoshop 7.0 myself.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Contributing Member

Those look pretty awesome. Though I'm not sure if I like Scofco's or Turboale's logo better. They are both pretty good. If we want to stick with the basic 4ROC styling, then I would say go with Scofco's logo.

I like them both. What can I say? I'd be happy to sport either of them.

Nice job guys.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
Herk, you aren't the only one who has those programs and can't use them!
DOOHHH!!!! Yes'm It looks that way. My talent level is below ground level but I have a very high nerd level Need anything calculated?

Originally Posted by Scofco
I can do whatever you want. That was just a quick draft I made before I had to run out the door in 5 minutes
I'll read comments and make a new one tommorrow.

I use Photoshop 7.0 myself.
Again, thanks for rubbing my nose in it 5 min huh???
Great work both Turboale and yourself!

I srt of like Scofco's one as a start. What do you all think about the "TX"?
Old 04-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

Nice work,
Some constructive critisism...
As for the soft red/white... thats an easy fix with the gradient.
The TX really needs something. It looks like you just threw it in there (i know you were in a hurry to leave, so was I)
Then the star could use some work. Yeah, its a star but it isn't like the one on the flag. I got a pic from the web of the tx flag and cropped it. Mainly the tx star is really flat and the one you used the angles are really soft. Also I think the star is a little big and bottom heavy. I think it should be a little more centered in the top of the 4.
Overall good work though! Could you post a psd file of your image so I can play too

I'm not trying to diss your idea at all... just some creative critisism. I'm in art school so I'm used to it. Its even more fun when your on the spot in front of a whole class and teacher...
Old 04-14-2004, 01:02 PM

I really like Scofco's. Maybe make the star more sharp edged like the state flag. I agree with no fade between the red and white. I am currently looking for a font for the TX. It needs to have a good Texas twist to it.

I'll let y'all know when I find something good.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

fonts are fun!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Agreed with all the comments, I made the same ones to myself before I posted it.

Probably can't do another version tonight, got the rest of my roof rack and my torsion bars in the mail today!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Contributing Member

ah, one more thing for version 2.0....

You probably want to stick to a black background. Most of the decals will be going on tinted windows rear windows... so... that might be something to take into account.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
ah, one more thing for version 2.0....

You probably want to stick to a black background. Most of the decals will be going on tinted windows rear windows... so... that might be something to take into account.
There's going to be a background?
I would think the final version would be transparent after the logo itself, instead of having a box sticker.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Banned

Scofco ... I sort of imagined the same - transparent after the logo itself ...

what about the rest of you guys? I just think those decals look best ...
Old 04-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
Scofco ... I sort of imagined the same - transparent after the logo itself ...

what about the rest of you guys? I just think those decals look best ...
I think the lazer/die cut ones look the best.. I hate the box stickers ( thouoght I have one on my rig...but its for a good cause )
Old 04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Contributing Member

Well, either transparrent or nothing at all... but what color are your windows? Thats what I was saying. I don't tend to put decals on the paint... and I would say the majority of rear windows on SUVs in general (including 4Runners) are tinted... (ah, I see the miscomunication here...) I was looking at the shading of the letters and they were black. Basicly I was saying maybe you should change the background color to black to get a better idea of what they will look like becuse chances are the background they will have is... you guessed it. Black.

The only problem with the di-cut vinal decals are not only are they going to be next to impossible to make (each color they have to cut seperately and add to the decal... but are going to also cost you an arm and a leg. I COULD be wrong... but i'm friends with my guy and he said mine were a pita... I couldn't imagine trying to match up letters like that (the roc part).

Just my .02...

Last edited by turboale; 04-15-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Well, either transparrent or nothing at all... but what color are your windows? Thats what I was saying. I don't tend to put decals on the paint... and I would say the majority of rear windows on SUVs in general (including 4Runners) are tinted... (ah, I see the miscomunication here...) I was looking at the shading of the letters and they were black. Basicly I was saying maybe you should change the background color to black to get a better idea of what they will look like becuse chances are the background they will have is... you guessed it. Black.

The only problem with the di-cut vinal decals are not only are they going to be next to impossible to make (each color they have to cut seperately and add to the decal... but are going to also cost you an arm and a leg. I COULD be wrong... but i'm friends with my guy and he said mine were a pita... I couldn't imagine trying to match up letters like that (the roc part).

Just my .02...
You are right. It should be thought of going onto a black or dark background ( I for sure am not going to be putting these things on my paint) Square stickers printed are not going to look good. They remind be of bumper stickers and I will not have that I am sure if we can find some one who can make them /print/ cut them and they look good...I am willing to pay a tad bit more vs. something just thrown together and printed on a square.

you guys in NC have die cut right? just the lettering itself right? How much did they cost?
Old 04-16-2004, 02:01 PM

I found some good fonts through a friend. Only thing is, she works on a Mac and I am on a PC. So if anyone can use these fonts for the TX I can send them to you. I might be out of the loop this weekend for the PC, so you will probably have to wait until Monday.

How do these look?
Attached Thumbnails Who is good at designing stickers?-tx.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who is good at designing stickers?