Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Yotatech needs a street truck section

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yotatech needs a street truck section

I think yotatech needs a dedicated section for "street trucks" u know...the ones that will never see off road...

call me an ass if you like....
I'm getting sick of wading through all the BS when Im trying to edumicate myself with OFF ROAD TECH

I feel yotatech has strayed away from its offroad roots....dont know if this is to increase membership or what but it can be frustrating sometimes.

Anyone remember when the "Off Road Adventure Begins Here"?

anyone else feel the same?

RANT OFF

PS, Im a newbie so my thoughts probably dont mean much around here compared to the veterans....
Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not read all the areas and only tuch a small % of threads so i have no opinion at this time.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 AM
CJM

I agree..
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

Well you aren't that new. But even if we added a Mall Crawler section since a lot of *real* newbs don't always read the rules or don't realize that YT is meant to be a 4x4 Toyota forum they post away.

I'm hesitant to turn these folks away because maybe they want to get into 4wheeling.

We are adding a welcome email when folks sign up and maybe we could put something in the email that states the purpose of this community: That we are Toyota 4wheeling enthusiasts.

What do you think?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 AM

I have seen other websites have a "modified" and "stock" sections. It would be nice but yotatech is an Off-Road site, right?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyXplorer
I have seen other websites have a "modified" and "stock" sections. It would be nice but yotatech is an Off-Road site, right?

YotaTech is both.
We have never turned anyone away or discouraged the build-up of a street type rig.

I think a section devoted to them may be in order though.
If so, just one section.
It would not be broken down into year/gen sections like the others.

Street rigs can still glean much useful info from the above mentioned threads for tech info.

But if it is strictly street stuff, a separate section might work.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 AM

As a newbie, I admit, I didn't know it was a 4x4 tech site. HOWEVER, since reading through all the various posts, my husband & I have become more interested in getting a 4x4 and doing some mods on it using all this great info here. I also have found myself very enthralled by all the work and imagination that goes into these trucks/suvs. I had no idea. I love seeing all the creativity - even though I'm driving a 2wd that I want to do some minor mods for street only. You have a wealth of knowledge that is hard to find - I've gotten so much great advice here - so sorry if my posts are a drag!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
You mean Toyota makes vehicles that are not 4WD?

Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 AM

As long as there is no hate involved I'm down. I so sick and tired of hate on the internet between "enthusiasts."

All I want to do is browse a forum where people get along with each other and keep the ignorance and hate to a minimum.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Corey
YotaTech is both.
We have never turned anyone away or discouraged the build-up of a street type rig.

I think a section devoted to them may be in order though.
If so, just one section.
It would not be broken down into year/gen sections like the others.

Street rigs can still glean much useful info from the above mentioned threads for tech info.

But if it is strictly street stuff, a separate section might work.
i concur
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AmyRW
As a newbie, I admit, I didn't know it was a 4x4 tech site. HOWEVER, since reading through all the various posts, my husband & I have become more interested in getting a 4x4 and doing some mods on it using all this great info here. I also have found myself very enthralled by all the work and imagination that goes into these trucks/suvs. I had no idea. I love seeing all the creativity - even though I'm driving a 2wd that I want to do some minor mods for street only. You have a wealth of knowledge that is hard to find - I've gotten so much great advice here - so sorry if my posts are a drag!
You can pre runner it make it look 4x4 but stay 2x4 till you go full tilt and go 4x4 that could be a sick little set up done right.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM

Yep street section! And I will be the KING OF IT!

Aaron
Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 PM

You guys don't like me?

lol j/k but there's really not that many threads dedicated to street only mods. There's a few, but there's no where enough members on here to even have a street section. If there was a street section it'd get like 1 post a month.

Regardless we need to be mature and all get along, it shouldn't matter if someone has a 4Runner with large rims and they use it for street only use, just because that's there personal preference, you shouldn't dislike them for that.

Last edited by Fo_SheeZy; 04-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy
You guys don't like me?

Regardless we need to be mature and all get along, it shouldn't matter if someone has a 4Runner with large rims and they use it for street only use, just because that's there personal preference, you shouldn't dislike them for that.
There are haters everywhere. But if you like your rig, and if other people like your rig, so what if just a handful don't.

I think a section more suited to daily drivers would work better for me, though... but that's just me. But if soemthing in the "Street trucks" section included ways to acheive better MPG, like MSD ignition, or something like that, I'd be down.......

even though I do have 4X4, and I might get laughed at...

I think the more people that are on here, the better. It keeps things interesting, and keeps ideas flowing. There is probably a lot of stuff that 4X4 minded guys and gals might not think of, and street truck minded people will. I know a perfect example of this, how bout Fo Sheezy's mods. I could probably name a dozen mods on that thing that nobody that wheels the daylights out of their truck would have thought of. And I like the mods, too. I'm thinking of doing the LED domelight mod for my rig.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 PM

I vote "yes" for a street truck section.....I have gotten a lot of good tech from street trucks (brakes, engines, interior...especially upgrades) and sometimes its neat to just look at something different.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 PM

I havnt been here too long but i did see when one guy asked about lowering kits and body kits haha. he got the . I agree with dirtoyboy though , there should be a Onroad DD only/ street truck section. That would help alot for the "4x4 only" enthusiast since it is about Toyota 4x4s. Alot of people just come in and dont read the rules like mentioned above and just post about their stuff though.

You can find everything you want to know on here though, i tend to refer to yotatech haha alot when im out 4x4ing with the club and there is trail carnage. I think its only fair to give them a chance though. Heck anyone who owns a toyota is considered family, 4wd or 2wd. Dirtoyboy has a good idea. its a hole different ball feild so they should get their own section.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm torn... i think it would be nice for those that have nice streeters to gab about their end of modding, but at the same time i'm down to see some of the "blingy" vehicles and hear what they are doing as well. i'm not a huge off road person and i do have some of the fancy pants mods that do nothing for off roading. when i first got on this site, i had a picture in my head of what i wanted my 4runner to be like. it involved lots of chrome, running boards, chrome rims, brush guards and tail light guards, tinted windows, etc, etc. thankfully, i caught the 4X4 craze and embraced the off road lifestyle. now, so far i have yet to take it on any off road trails or climb any boulders so i guess it's just for looks now, but i do have the ability to go places should i ever find something. i like knowing that my 4runner is capable should i ever need it to be, but it's too nice for me to want to beat it or potentially damage it off road.

i guess i vote for a street forum, i could use another shortcut. i already use F2, F5, F91, F115, and F116. i'm down for more!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:45 PM

i also vote for a street forum! but i definately read about the off-roading threads & definately respect it.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

although my truck appears stock, I have taken it offroad and will eventually replace parts that wear out with more "performance" parts geared to making it a more capable offroad machine. the street guys do alot of interior modification that would be valuable for anyone. for instance, I am looking to install a gauge pod. not because I think it looks "Cool", but to better monitor engine vitals to avoid costly repairs. some of the "Street" guys have valid ideas and we should hear them out.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I think the idea of a street folder is a good idea. I think it would be more for the 2WD trucks. I may get a 2WD some day for my two 11 year old girls to share...

Molly's (lysmachia) idea of the "welcome to YT email here is how it works" is an awesome idea. I think YT's search engine works pretty good, it is no Google, but with a little effort a lot of repeat threads could be eliminated.

Quick Reply: Yotatech needs a street truck section