Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

we need sections for each motor and some other ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we need sections for each motor and some other ideas

I think it would make navigation easier if we had sections for each motor one for efi 22re, 20r, 22r, 3.0, 2.7, 3.4 ect ect.

if you are looking for info pertaining to carburated motors you have to search through page after page in the 84-95 section.

I know this probably means more work in setting it up on the site but if someone wants to teach me I would be willing to help.
or make a member click to categorize it I don't know how hard it would be to set it up where when on a thread members can click a small menu of where they think the thread belongs and after so many clicks the thread gets moved to the appropriate section kind of like a voting poll thread.

I do not even know if any of what I stated above is possible.

it would also be pretty nice if the search worked like ebays search or any online parts search page works

where you pick the year model motor and tranny I figure this would also cut down on repeat questions.

also the first thread someone posts up should be a mandatory intro with rig related info so when they ask a question it shows what they have so we don't have to go through the whole "what is it you have" routine

sorry about the long post just some ideas on the top of my head that might make the site move a little smoother.

I just get tired of seeing the same questions asked every week or every other day in a new post when we have a great archive of info on any problem anyone could have under the sun.
I under stand that some people don't even know that there is a Search button and many times it is a urgent question they have too them.

ok rant over and too any newer members please search through the info before posting up a new thread before I joined I read through every page not every thread but I read the most common symptoms that people had so I would know what was going on if one ever came up on my truck.

thanks and have a good weekend.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I kind of agree with you but it might get kind of cluttered.
Too bad you posted this in Off Topic and not here in: SITE FEEDBACK
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easy enough I posted this on the What would you like to see in YotaTechs future? thread as well

I could not find the site feed back link when I wrote this thread
Old 05-18-2008, 09:28 AM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think we should do it by this:

20R/22R/22RE
3.0/3.4

THat may work ok..