The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i agree whats up dude!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
believe me im not to happy about the lack of work ive been able to get done. Lease ended at my home and just moved yet again but the new place should be even better and more motivation to work on the rig. Cheaper rent and more space = money I can put into the rig. Cage is next definetly on my list. And kinda happy for summer to roll around although Ill take a good snow dump anyday.

More to come oneday lol
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM

Had to get the hood scoop for the dd

May paint it white later and scoops incert black. or may just keep it as is

Last edited by fillsrunner4; 01-27-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That motor just looks incredible. Wonder how hard it would be to cram something like that in my '83...
Old 01-27-2011, 08:31 PM

badass! good too hear from you man. sucks about all the house stuff but it looks like you got it all worked out . hood scoop looks good too! sold my truck so now its on too the 4runner, maybe mine will be as wicked as yours one day, though im thinking 2JZ instead hehe
Old 02-09-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by hyzerponix
That motor just looks incredible. Wonder how hard it would be to cram something like that in my '83...
Would fit great im sure the 4.3 fits well in yotas

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
badass! good too hear from you man. sucks about all the house stuff but it looks like you got it all worked out . hood scoop looks good too! sold my truck so now its on too the 4runner, maybe mine will be as wicked as yours one day, though im thinking 2JZ instead hehe
thanks, and yeah all the house stuff is worked out for now. Love the new place so much. quiet and private in the woods a little I couldnt ask for a better place to have moved. Will be a great place to work on the rigs as soon as I get my tools from my buddy whos been holding them for the move and the landlord cleans some stuff out of the garage so I can store them in their.

Maybe one day it will actualy be wicked lol and on the damn trails. I just drove to rieter pit last night after snowboarding to see whats goin on and just got me pissed. Damn WA trails and the ***** who are shutting them down left and right. Just dumb
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 PM

Hey Fill!

Great build tread!
took me a full week of just reading it! You have great talent! keep up the great job and keep us updated!

OO forgot add a question! just got my MC Rocksliders ordered with arms gussets and plates i know you did yours a long time ago but why are your arms not the same lenght? and did u bolt them to the frame or welded?

Thxs!

Last edited by toytoyfreak; 02-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by toytoyfreak
Hey Fill!

Great build tread!
took me a full week of just reading it! You have great talent! keep up the great job and keep us updated!

OO forgot add a question! just got my MC Rocksliders ordered with arms gussets and plates i know you did yours a long time ago but why are your arms not the same lenght? and did u bolt them to the frame or welded?

Thxs!
thanks for the compliment...

the frame bends in places making longer and shorter arms neccesary. closer to the front the frame tails in a little. the arms come cut to length so you can put the slider exactly were you want it. I hung a weighted bob from the top of my doors to the ground. (the line repesents how wide you are body wise) I then tacked the arms on and got it so the sliders stuck out a little bit from that line for protection. Hope that makes some sence lol. And I welded them to the frame. The arms themselves I dont have welded directly to the frame. I took a roughly 3x3" piece of plate 3/16" or 1/4" thick i forget, welded the arms to the pieces of plate then the plate welded to the frame. this helps spread load from the sliders to the frame and adds strength. Hope this helps some
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM

Hey fill just bought an 89 runner donnor for the 22re wanted to know if the r150f manuel trans fits on it!? Like u said best yota trans out there my buddie has one for sale! So I'm thinking of taking out the slow @$$ v6 and puting the 22re with manuel trans!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey fill just bought an 89 runner donnor for the 22re wanted to know if the r150f manuel trans fits on it!? Like u said best yota trans out there my buddie has one for sale! So I'm thinking of taking out the slow @$$ v6 and puting the 22re with manuel trans!
I think i get what you are saying. r150f (v6 trans), mated to a 22re?

If so. The r150f will only bolt up to a 22re if you use a r151f bellhousing off of a turbo 4 cylinder trans.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Yes! ok so i just need the bell housing from the r151f? if so is my luck of finding one slim or good?

And is there anything else i should know before doing this?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Slim. But keep an eye out. You may get lucky.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM

if i was you i would put that manual tranny on with your v6. the automatic is what sucks the power out of the car. youll have more power with a manual and the 3.0 than with the manual and the 22re
Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM

Thxs for the info 2doorrunner!
BTW nice swap u got going on, best of luck!

Sebastianholme... I agree with u 100% butt.. i dont know if u ever had the yota 3.0l v6... on paper they say its pushing 150 poneys! blablabla... that engine is really slow... the only good thing about it i can think of is the lowend torque!

Plus i just got into the sweet small but very strong 22re! rebuild will be underway this weekend!

Soo i think that its time to say goodbye to the 6 and hello 4! if i cant find the bellhousing for the trans... ill stick with the stock!

But thanks for the input!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Thxs for the info 2doorrunner!
BTW nice swap u got going on, best of luck!
Thanks! Fills build definatly influenced some of my ideas and opinions, and helped lead to me finally doing the swap. It was the first 4.3 swap i had ever heard of, and lead me to add it as a canidate for a motor swap.

Thanks Fill
Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Good too hear from you phil. Sounds like things are coming together hey! I know what you mean about wanting to wheel the runner, I sold my pickup for a mr2 so I cant go wheeling until the runner is all set speaking of 4runners, im saving too do a 2JZ swap hehe twin turbo 320, so u can go up hills while twing trailers with 40" irks lmao
Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Good too hear from you phil. Sounds like things are coming together hey! I know what you mean about wanting to wheel the runner, I sold my pickup for a mr2 so I cant go wheeling until the runner is all set speaking of 4runners, im saving too do a 2JZ swap hehe twin turbo 320hp,so i can go up hills while twing trailers with 40" irks lmao
Old 02-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by 2DoorRunner
Thanks! Fills build definatly influenced some of my ideas and opinions, and helped lead to me finally doing the swap. It was the first 4.3 swap i had ever heard of, and lead me to add it as a canidate for a motor swap.

Thanks Fill
thanks

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
Good too hear from you phil. Sounds like things are coming together hey! I know what you mean about wanting to wheel the runner, I sold my pickup for a mr2 so I cant go wheeling until the runner is all set speaking of 4runners, im saving too do a 2JZ swap hehe twin turbo 320, so u can go up hills while twing trailers with 40" irks lmao
that would be some fun. Ide love to supercharge both my 4runners 4.3 and 3.4 Ill get my cage first so I can atleast go up
Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 PM

hey just finished reading your build and your work is top notch. you did some pretty nice machine work with those parts you made. i hear ya on working in a machine shop, being a machinist opens up a lot of options to save money. maybe me and some friends will see you up at naches some time when we get our rigs finished. keep up the good work.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 87desertyota
hey just finished reading your build and your work is top notch. you did some pretty nice machine work with those parts you made. i hear ya on working in a machine shop, being a machinist opens up a lot of options to save money. maybe me and some friends will see you up at naches some time when we get our rigs finished. keep up the good work.
thanks. Ill be sure to let people know if I do any trips. Love the options with machining. I just got to practice tig welding this last weekend as ive never done it and my boss had a friend who teaches welding come out and show us for a few hours. I cant wait for warmer weather and finaly getting all my tools to the new place still. Love my winter too though. its snowing a little here now. If its enough im gonna fire up the runner and wheel the streets around lol. Just have some fun.

Quick Reply: Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!