The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yeah
Old 05-20-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Yup the fronts are stock rear 85 4x4 ex cab leaf springs and the rear are 90-95 excab rear springs. All the lift comes really from the 6" shackles. the front crossmember was cut out for the new hanger. custom tubes were made to go through the frame for the front shackles. the rears front hangers were used in there stock location. the 2wd rear springs were longer than the 4x4 so shackle mounts were made for the rear and the frame section just infront of the very back crossmember was cut off. we drilled the perches and top plates in the rear to move the axle ~1" back
gotcha.. did you move the front hanger forward from where the stock one would have been? did you put the frame tubes center of the body mount?

whats your thoughts (strength wise) on relocating the front axel with those plates or drilling the perches or both?

sorry about all the questions lol. I'm debating on doing an ruf on my 91, and just trying to get all my ducks in a row

id buy some springs but, I'm trying to move my front end forward with out moving my front hanger forward.

thanks, Mike
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1
gotcha.. did you move the front hanger forward from where the stock one would have been? did you put the frame tubes center of the body mount?
The front hanger moved the axle forward maybe one inch. It pretty much was a copy of all the other front frame brackets out there just built a little more solid. We cut the frames original crossmember and welded this one right to the exact spot. And yes the frame tubes placed in the center of the body mount.

whats your thoughts (strength wise) on relocating the front axel with those plates or drilling the perches or both?
You talking about how we moved my axle forward and how we moved the red trucks rear back? Strength isnt really a concern on either and should help some with the axle wrap in the front atleast. its pretty comon of a mod ive seen. If you drill the hole either forward of back of the original hole on the perch the top plate has to have the opposit side drilled otherwise you will not be able to bolt the axle back up.

sorry about all the questions lol. I'm debating on doing an ruf on my 91, and just trying to get all my ducks in a row
All good Its never bad to ask a question and im always more than willing to talk about this stuff.

id buy some springs but, I'm trying to move my front end forward with out moving my front hanger forward.
I moved mine very easily in a few hours if that forward about 1.25" forward. Im gonna do the same to the rear just move it back. Its an easy way to move the axle. takes very little time and work to do. Just need a good drill. Or a manual mill in my case
Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im always more than willing to talk about this stuff.
He is also more than willing to do free work on all toyotas. Just let him know what you want done and when you want it completed and he will get er done!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
He is also more than willing to do free work on all toyotas. Just let him know what you want done and when you want it completed and he will get er done!
you wish, cause I bet youd be the first to get here even living in cali. I would if I could would be nice to get payed to do this.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:01 PM

lol. Okay im leaving after work on fri, today. see you later. i want the chop top and the dual case mods.

Oh while im up there, you might as well give me some decent tires, and uh.... an exo cage.

See you soon!

Lol. If i lived up there id be down to help out with yours though, i like workign on toyotas
Old 05-20-2009, 12:03 PM

Me too aside from there motors let me get mine done first and will look at yours
Old 05-20-2009, 12:10 PM

Me too aside from there motors let me get mine done first and will look at yours
phil your a beast haha love the red truck and ur truck man lol

keep it up!!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Countryhick
phil your a beast haha love the red truck and ur truck man lol

keep it up!!
When you gonna get yours up here for some?

Will do my best
Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 AM

your truck is awesome. thanks for the info. when i go with the 4.3, do i need to swap out computers? will the engine hook up to the yota tranny?and does the engine i buy have to be out of a 4x4? 93yota extra cab standard 3in lift rancho suspencion sittin on 31s but i have 33x12 50 r 15 chrome roll bar came with.brand new rear end with 410 gears. does anything from the yota match up to the 4.3 and do i need a conversion kit for the tranny or any electrical parts?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...I know I havent had to many recent front shots so heres one to wet your appitite
I'm liking this photo! Dude great build. With the kind of abuse you put that
4Runner through I'm supprised you don't have a cage for it. Run it front to back. Love the build.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by 1yota1
your truck is awesome. thanks for the info. when i go with the 4.3, do i need to swap out computers?
First thank you

Second
Your trucks comp serves no use with a 4.3. You will need the comp from the donor motor you purchase. do not buy a motor without its ECU or you may run into one nightmare after the other.

will the engine hook up to the yota tranny?
They sell bellhousing adapters for this. AA (advance adapter) or downey sell them. You were talking about a 5spd right? cause I dont know of any adapters to yota autos.

and does the engine i buy have to be out of a 4x4?
No it can come from a 2wd. it does not matter

does anything from the yota match up to the 4.3? any electrical parts?
Kinda cunfused on what you mean does anything match up? In a perfect world you could slap any motor you wanted in, plug it in bolt it up and go. It like all swaps from stock require aot of time, money, patience, fab work, on and on. Things may be things here and there you can inner mingle but its all really depends on alot of things.

Gonna have to do alot of research and reading on the subject. theres alot of info to these questions here on my thread already and in other threads. Take your time and one day will see a build thread from you
Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by yodathespian87
I'm liking this photo! Dude great build. With the kind of abuse you put that
4Runner through I'm supprised you don't have a cage for it. Run it front to back. Love the build.
Thanks

Cage is coming just need the funds and a bender which ill be getting in the next little bit here. I really need the cage and a winch for were I take it and want to go.

Youll see one soon

thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 03:01 PM

When you gonna get yours up here for some?

Will do my best
this summer man we'll have some fun loli might be getting a chunk of money im looking into it right now

also i have a straight axle now
Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Countryhick
this summer man we'll have some fun loli might be getting a chunk of money im looking into it right now

also i have a straight axle now
nice time to start

See ya this summer
Old 05-21-2009, 03:11 PM

nice time to start

See ya this summer
Yeah buddy!! im headin out fishin man send me some pics of that engine man it makes me Get fish lol last time you sent me a couple pictures i got 2fish that day one the day after and the day after lol!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM

will see if I cant send a video of it runnin i want to start it so badly I might just have to this weekend even if its just a hotwiring
Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Your Runner is INSANE!!!
Super nice work.
Def one of my favorite builds ever!!
That red 2wd to 4wd is sick!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by toyospearo
Your Runner is INSANE!!!
Super nice work.
Def one of my favorite builds ever!!
That red 2wd to 4wd is sick!
Thanks dude

yeah that red truck has turned out real nice. it sits perfectly. ill throw up some more pics of it this weekend if I can snag my friends camera cause he took alot of good pics of it too.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:18 AM

Wheres the pics man?

Hows the beast going?

Quick Reply: Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!