The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Fillsrunner4 3.4cralwer -pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like the tail gate. Did you really take that to your parent's house to chop, I'm shocked the cops didn't roll up on you.

Last edited by KellyKel; 06-30-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

nicely coming... the talegate is sweet!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KellyKel
I do like the tail gate. Did you really take that to your parent's house to chop, I'm shocked the cops didn't roll up on you.
Cops again you mean??? They came by once to tell my Mom my car is a junck vehicle and it needs to move. That was when it wasnt runnign but now they cant really say anything and yest I chopped the top while the parents were away Pretty funny reaction when they came home but it was worth it

Originally Posted by YeloSub7
nicely coming... the talegate is sweet!

Thank you!

I should have some pics posted from this last weekends wheelin once my friends send me the pics. Also a damage report I mean come on its not a trip till you break somthin right?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Yeah when Dana was going to Eastlake the cops pulled him over to tell him he "looked like a migrant worker" and that if he didn't wash his car they were going to have it impounded. F'n Sammamish. That's why I giggled when i saw you were at the rent's chop, choppin.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by KellyKel
Yeah when Dana was going to Eastlake the cops pulled him over to tell him he "looked like a migrant worker" and that if he didn't wash his car they were going to have it impounded. F'n Sammamish. That's why I giggled when i saw you were at the rent's chop, choppin.
Ya , You know me if one rolled up on me while I was workin on ide probably have a few choice words. I dont think it would end well

I couldnt have picked a better place to do it Its funny some of the looks my snotty neighbors give me. but then again I get some cool people rolling by with questions and such too so its all good. I think they all get the point know that Im gonna do what I want.

So to all my Cool neigbors

And to all the bad ones
Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 PM

BTW hope to see ya saturday up at Reiter for some Good Ol' wheelin
Old 07-02-2008, 03:18 PM

Ok so ive taken my truck out about 3 times now since I got the new motor running. I seriously love the new power!

But with the ups you must have some downs and by down I mean breaking things

I broke a rear spring pin (be sure to check your bolts after any hard wheelin ) I found out after I was leaving the trail one day heading back to my trailer and I took a turn to the left and the entire rig felt like I had rear steer and made turning feel very interesting to say the least. I broke it not only because I dont have a track bar "YET" but I had a few loose bolts.
Everything out

Bought a bigger/stonger bolt so I had to drill out each leaf pack. Proved to be very difficult as the leaf springs are very very hard metal.

This gave me a chance to take the rear overload spring out to compensate for removing the rear. I wanted to give my truck a little bit of a lowering since its already pretty damn high. Sits perfect now.
Pin in and overload leaf out

Notice the jumbled brakelines

Now

Also removed the rear gas tank to fix the leaks I was having were the sending unit bolts to the tank. Ford uses a small rubber gasket that is suposed to seal it but its a crappy design so some gas proof sealer was in order instead. No more leaks

Rear is all back together and worked great this last weekend.

As for the Electric fan

It hit my PS pump and tore off the PS belt. lost my steering and the fan is now destroyed. Luckily it happend at the end of the day and Ive wanted to trash this thing anyway since its been having issues and it has not been cooling my 3.4 at all

So heres what im doing right now. I bought a lincoln 4.6 V8 2 speed fan similar to the taurus 3.8 fan. Its a huge 18" 7 blade that cools just as much 2800CFM as the flex-a-crap did on its low setting high is about 5500CFM

Im going to mount it in front of the radiator and wire it up backwards to be a pusher. I would use it as a puller but I down have room inside the engine bay to mount it and I would like to mount the radiator in the trunck but I cant afford the lines to get it back there.

So heres what Ive done

Fan and radiator are in mock up. I still need to reinforce the area around the fan and radiator to accomidate body movement but ive got some ideas on that. I hope to finish it up here tonight so I should proabably stop talking now and get back to
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM

Some more work tonight. I got the radiator fan mounted and just about fully wired (Thanks Eric) and got my PS cooler mounted and plumbed. Just have to fill the radiator, PS, and finish off the wiring and I should be ready for the weekend of campin and wheelin

Pics of the fan mount. Since I cut the body to fit the fan the new sheet will help with some of the body movement and give the body more rigidity. Its pretty much now just as stong as it was before but I do plan on adding some more support.

Mounted, plumbed and just about ready to rock... Crawl that is

This fan is very powerful and very big. It should cool my truck amazing. I am very pleased with how its turned out so far and cant wait to test it!

Note: that also my PS has a puller style fan to it now with mounting it were it is. It should also cool my steering no problem and when I go Hydro steer this setup should help me with that too.

And YES I do know I need a front bumper so dont even say it that shall come as soon as I can afford it. Plus Cage
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Isn't that sorta overkill?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Isn't that sorta overkill?
Cant ever be overkill Whats that???

Its perfect!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:43 PM

looks sweet man!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by canuckyotafan
looks sweet man!!!!
Thanks

So after running the 3.4 for a few times out wheelin ive decided to go a different route. Not that its a terible motor but more the fact of when Im out on the trail and somthing goes wrong with it I cant just run to schucks and grab a part for it right off the shelf. Ive had a few times already that ive had to go get parts and they ruined my weekends because of that matter. I want to wheel the piss out of this rig and fix it quick when I hurt it. The 3.4s are great motors but im my case I think i need somthing different.

I think its time go go back to what I was thinking originaly and that is Chevy 4.3

Before I started the motor swap in this rig I was really wanting to go with a 350 but decided that it was going to be more than I would need and the cost for everything else I would need would be a bit too much for me. Then looked into the 4.3 and was very impresed with how it preforms aspecialy in yota's. Great fit perfect, power, and easy wiring.
Yes I know the 4.3 is a chevy but it is a great motor and everyone ive met that runs it loves it. I think its going to be my best option right now. not only are the parts cheap, and the motors are everywere cheap but if you break somthing you go to the parts store and its on the shelf, unlike the 3.4 which when you brake you have to wait at least a week. I have a lead on a 4.3 I hope to pickup soon. Ill be sure to post the build once I begin.

The builds never end

Last edited by fillsrunner4; 07-07-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 PM

killer build man! Extremely inspiring. Kudo's on all the hard work, it has paid off a few fold, no?

Thank you for the details!!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Staff

You should bring that sumbitch down to Evans on July 25-27th for some campin and wheeling. wont be *super* hardcore, but fun no less!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM

Will see if I cant get a new motor in by then and if so Im more than there. Should be a much quicker turn around than the 3.4 install was. Now I know what the hell Im doing.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Staff

Are you just putting another 3.4 in? if so, get that thing installed!! We need some Toyota's to show the jeeps what for!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by mYnAmEiSmUd
killer build man! Extremely inspiring. Kudo's on all the hard work, it has paid off a few fold, no?

Thank you for the details!!
Thanks dude,

All the work good and bad has been a great learning experience so yes it has paid off even the bad times

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Are you just putting another 3.4 in? if so, get that thing installed!! We need some Toyota's to show the jeeps what for!
No 4.3 the 3.4 has been more trouble than its worth to me to keep figuring out what wrong. the 4.3 will be much simpler and even more powerfull. Also if I brake on say a saturday I go to shmucks and get the part that day off the shelf, fix it and go

I should be hopefully looking at a 4.3 soon and be able to get it in quick.

Will see! I want to go Ive never been to Evans yet!

Last edited by fillsrunner4; 07-08-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 PM

BTW I think the group Whore4x4 should be at Naches in mid August. I have to fill everyone in on when the exact dates are. Definitely show any Jeeps out there

Its gonna be a MUST having my truck out there for sure!

If its too extreme...

You can ride with me
Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Staff

Well my IFS 4runner with dual cases on 33's wouldn't likely keep up with ya'll running on 37's+

Quick Reply: Fillsrunner4 3.4cralwer -pic heavy!