The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

dog crate builds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dog crate builds?

Anyone built a dog carrier/crate?

The regular plastic one I use for my 35 lb dog barely fits behind the passenger seat in my 96 ext cab taco. I was thinking about a form fitting one that would give him more room and I wouldnt have to put in and take out so often.

post pics please.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Passenger seat = Dog crate
Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 469 Likes on 313 Posts
I built a frame out of aluminum ell and flat pieces from Lowes and Home Depot that fit ex pens underneath and my wire crate up top for my 80# Terv, but that was for the back and 1/2 of the passenger rear seat in a bronco II.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by 2DoorRunner
Passenger seat = Dog crate
That idiotic. If you do a lot of driving with your dog, or any at all. they should be in a crate of some kind. there is nothing protecting your dog incase of an accident unless you crate them.

Case in point, my buddy had a 92 pickup, got tboned, was thrown in a 360, and his canopy came flying off, 3 birds in 3 hawk boxes and 2 dog crates, one with 2 dogs and the other with a single dog all came flying out. All animals came out unharmed.

Had the dogs or birds not been in crates/boxes it would have been much much worse for the animals.

Stop trying to get a higher post count Jack and only post where you need to, or know any relevant information, this is not one of those times. Basically, stop talking, start listening.

OP: theres a material called coroplast, its about ~50 for a 4'x8' sheet of the 10mm thick stuff and you can find it at most sign shops, they can order it in for you, its basically corrugated plastic sheets, its pretty strong, flexes, and you can heat it with a heat gun if your careful and shape it. you might want to try that, i make hawk boxes out of it for our birds.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks, heard of that stuff as people make front splitters for track cars out of it.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Birdbrain
That idiotic. If you do a lot of driving with your dog, or any at all. they should be in a crate of some kind. there is nothing protecting your dog incase of an accident unless you crate them.

Case in point, my buddy had a 92 pickup, got tboned, was thrown in a 360, and his canopy came flying off, 3 birds in 3 hawk boxes and 2 dog crates, one with 2 dogs and the other with a single dog all came flying out. All animals came out unharmed.

Had the dogs or birds not been in crates/boxes it would have been much much worse for the animals.

Stop trying to get a higher post count Jack and only post where you need to, or know any relevant information, this is not one of those times. Basically, stop talking, start listening.

OP: theres a material called coroplast, its about ~50 for a 4'x8' sheet of the 10mm thick stuff and you can find it at most sign shops, they can order it in for you, its basically corrugated plastic sheets, its pretty strong, flexes, and you can heat it with a heat gun if your careful and shape it. you might want to try that, i make hawk boxes out of it for our birds.

You have seen my dogs, you know how big they are, so they only ride along up to the park like a mile away at most. Not like im going on any road trips or anything with those monsters
Old 08-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Birdbrain
Stop trying to get a higher post count Jack
And who gives a crap about post count, dont become one of "those guys".