4Runners-2nd gen Post your 2nd gens here

rezrunner92 profile

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rezrunner92 profile

Hi, I have had my 1992 4Runner for 3-4 years now but never drove it much and only recently started driving it daily. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site who shares good information and tried and tested fixes. Following is a list of fixes I have done to my vehicle and some more I hope to do.

Fixed rear speakers, leveled with new coil springs from NAPA, dramatically upgraded my electrical system by doing the big three wires, removable back seat bottom mod, strange idiot lights coming on on dash, cleaned throttle body and intake, replaced timing belt, rewired electric fan to on off switch.

Things to do, new tires on 16" rims from Taco, wet okole seat covers, sleeping platform, get back window rewired, winch, front and back bumpers (I will probably make rear and buy front), rock sliders (probably make those), roof rack, fender flares, rebuild transmission and replace torque converter, when the 3.slow blows probably replace with 3.4 but who knows.

Hope my wife doesn't see that to do list. Pictures to come.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:26 PM

Replaced steering damper today, what an unbelievable difference!

Time-20 min
Money $28 wholesale NAPA original fit part
Satisfaction level 1000%
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Improvements

I had a lot going on the past couple of months. Two deaths in the family, Christmas etc. I still found time to make some improvements to my runner though.

In January I got some new tires. Cheap 31 inch General Ameritrac. They seem to be working out pretty good.

Finally located and purchased all belly pans. Stock. $35 from salvage yard. Got the front one installed the day before we got snow. Haven't put the middle one on yet but the gas tank armor is on. Now that I have the factory pieces I can start planning to make some tougher ones that can use the same mounting holes.

Got a factory luggage rack and got it installed this morning. Looks good. Now I can make and mount a basket. The yard owner gave me the rack cause I was already buying the pans.

Located TWO 4runners in the yard with factory swing away spare tire carriers. The salesman said that I could get everything I need to install it on my truck for $250 I can get the yard owner to come off of that price considerably when I catch up with him. I will have to get the tailgate painted so will probably put this off until I am ready to paint the whole truck.

********UPDATE** Made a deal for the swing away carrier and the striking plate on the tailgate for $35.00, (seems like this guys favorite number), will order the interior brace from the dealer.

Last edited by rezrunner92; 02-11-2007 at 03:27 PM.