Arizona Arizona Chapter

Run for next year

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run for next year

After seeing SOAZtim Ouray, Colorado trip report. I thought that it be cool if the Arizona Yotatech grouop meet up with the Colorado group for a bi-state meet and greet type run. Sometime during the summer around this area.

This is just an idea and I'm toying with. I've thought of using some of my vacation/comp. time next year and going up there for a few days. If I did go I'd rather not go byself mainly for safety reasons and it's fun to go with other people. It would as least get us all out of the heat.

Anyone interested?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:11 PM

I would definitely be interested. I've been tossin' around the idea of a southern Utah trip, but CO would be great too!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Colo trip would be cool next summer. One of my best friends just moved to the Denver area.

Also, I have a N Rim weekender trip in the works. Hope we can get it in before the snow hits and the roads close. Anyone interested?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 111db
Colo trip would be cool next summer. One of my best friends just moved to the Denver area.

Also, I have a N Rim weekender trip in the works. Hope we can get it in before the snow hits and the roads close. Anyone interested?
I would be but I don't have enough comp. time and my vacation time is tied up for christmas time.

Right now I just trying to put a feeler out to see who all would be interested in going and if there is enough intrest start the planning process. SOAZTim want to help out if there is enough interest?

Last edited by wormhole; 09-22-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wormhole
After seeing SOAZtim Ouray, Colorado trip report. I thought that it be cool if the Arizona Yotatech grouop meet up with the Colorado group for a bi-state meet and greet type run. Sometime during the summer around this area.

Anyone interested?
Short answer, yes, I'd be interested.

Longer answer. There is already something like this here on the board called CO4RJ (Co 4runner Jamboree) and I think this year it got cancelled. Those big things are usually an organizational mess. I think it would be better/easier to get 3-4 AZ folks to commit to something and if a Co local or two are interested in hooking up with us that would be great. I just think it would be better to stick with 4-6 vehicles total. Otherwise, sheer size becomes a problem from finding camping/hotel accomadations to what kind and how much wheeling to do to how much and what kind of partying to do. It would probably be smoother to get together a small group of like minded folks that all agree on what they are getting into up front.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by BLKNBLU
Short answer, yes, I'd be interested.

Longer answer. There is already something like this here on the board called CO4RJ (Co 4runner Jamboree) and I think this year it got cancelled. Those big things are usually an organizational mess. I think it would be better/easier to get 3-4 AZ folks to commit to something and if a Co local or two are interested in hooking up with us that would be great. I just think it would be better to stick with 4-6 vehicles total. Otherwise, sheer size becomes a problem from finding camping/hotel accomadations to what kind and how much wheeling to do to how much and what kind of partying to do. It would probably be smoother to get together a small group of like minded folks that all agree on what they are getting into up front.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. I understand that the more vehicles that you get the bigger hassle it's going to be. I've only posted this on this site and not the other sites that I'm a member of (besides the yuma4wheelers). Namely because I've meet a few of you guys and you all are pretty cool. I would've but it over on the ttora site but some of those guys just come of as being @$$es.
I think 10 vehicles would be the max number that would work for this run. I posted this on the Colorado 4ROC forum but no replies yet.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by 111db
I have a N Rim weekender trip in the works. Hope we can get it in before the snow hits and the roads close. Anyone interested?
North Rim? Keep me posted so I can arrange it. I did some rompin' around up there back when I worked for NPS and would love to get back up there. As for the snow, that just add a little more excitement.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 PM

On this same topic again but is anyone interested in doing a Yotatech wheeling/camping trip next year. Somewhere out of state say like Colorado or California or Southern Utah.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On this same topic again but is anyone interested in doing a Yotatech wheeling/camping trip next year. Somewhere out of state say like Colorado or California or Southern Utah.
depends on how long the trip will be. im not gonna drive from vegas to colorado alone for just a weekend.. lol. you know?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member

I would be but I don't have enough comp. time and my vacation time is tied up for christmas time.

Right now I just trying to put a feeler out to see who all would be interested in going and if there is enough intrest start the planning process. SOAZTim want to help out if there is enough interest?
I'll offer all the help I can.
I'd be interested in a NR trip as well as a future CO trip. The last time I tried a NR trip it ended up being on fire so I headed to Bryce and Zion.

We could get the NR trip in before it snows, maybe. The CO trip next summer?