Arizona Arizona Chapter

Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn..Nate...beat me to it! 2nd place is okay too.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 87 Deathtrap
Welcome BlazeRunner! You're in a great area (San Tan Valley), minutes away from some of the best wheeling in the state! Check back a few posts for some of the regulars that are still going despite the heat, I'm sure they'd welcome you to tag along. Otherwise, there will be plenty of runs to jump on once the weather cools down a bit. Also, you might check out some of the local build threads for ideas of what works in our terrain and on specific rigs, Snowshredder555's build thread comes to mind as a comparable rig to yours. Welcome aboard man.
Thanks deathtrap! I did learn only recently that Florence junction area has a lot of trails to offer, I hear it used to have even more open to the public in the past. I've also heard a lot about table mesa but never been. I'll keep asking around I just feel like I still have a lot to learn, but every time I go out I feel I learn something new. Thanks for everything though, really I am glad to be here and I am going crazy just looking at all my options and everybody's build thread. I have already started reading Snowshredder's build and am already digging it. I'll be around more and more on here, hope to get a decent camera soon so I can start a serious build thread of my own.

Originally Posted by snowshredder555
Welcome aboard BlazeRunner....that sure is one clean 97' you have there...it looks like they already took care updating the front head lights to a 99's. I like how much cleaner the look and I'm looking for a set myself. Any who...I'm over in San Tan Ranch so we're pretty close to each other if you ever need any help. Oh, and the armor thing...I know somebody who knows somebody who's a friend of their buddy that might be able to help ya with that..just gotta let me know to I can send through the chain for ya...cool?
Thanks for the compliments Snowshredder. I knew the corners and bumper markers had been clears, but I wasn't sure about which headlights I had. That's nice to know I have them already, and there are still things I am finding out about her - so far all good. I was surprised myself at how clean the vehicle was when I first saw it.
That's cool you're that close, I would love some help anytime I might need it. I am still figuring out some other things I gotta take care of with finances, but I should be in the market very soon for some kind of mod whether it be armor, lift or both... either way it will need to be done eventually and I appreciate you lookin out for me, I will keep you updated. I'd rather go that route anyway instead of blindly going at it alone, btw I'm enjoying your build thread, at least what I've read so far. Thanks again for the welcome.

Last edited by BlazeRunner; 05-09-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by BlazeRunner
Thanks for the compliments Snowshredder. I knew the corners and bumper markers had been clears, but I wasn't sure about which headlights I had. That's nice to know I have them already, and there are still things I am finding out about her - so far all good. I was surprised myself at how clean the vehicle was when I first saw it, and I had to really make sure it was original mileage @ 138k.
That's cool you're that close, I would love some help anytime I might need it. I am still figuring out some other things I gotta take care of with finances, but I should be in the market very soon for some kind of mod whether it be armor, lift or both... either way it will need to be done eventually and I appreciate you lookin out for me, I will keep you updated. I'd rather go that route anyway instead of blindly going at it alone, btw I'm enjoying your build thread, at least what I've read so far. Thanks again for the welcome.
Yeah man no problem. I just scored a 2nd job and with school coming up again here in the next month, I'll be busy. But where ever I can lend a hand, I'm in. Most of my time on the weekends is spent with my wife and 2 daughters but if some one needs a little help, I usually try. BLKNBLU and I just spent today replacing the front joints in his 97'...2 old guys in a hot and humid garage isn't my idea of a great time but with the bantering between us, it was. Didn't get everything accomplished liked I'd hope but half way through the day, the heat overcame us and we lost our senses...at least I did. Anyhow, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy the read of my build...been really slow though and I hope it picks up sooner.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by snowshredder555
Yeah man no problem. I just scored a 2nd job and with school coming up again here in the next month, I'll be busy. But where ever I can lend a hand, I'm in. Most of my time on the weekends is spent with my wife and 2 daughters but if some one needs a little help, I usually try. BLKNBLU and I just spent today replacing the front joints in his 97'...2 old guys in a hot and humid garage isn't my idea of a great time but with the bantering between us, it was. Didn't get everything accomplished liked I'd hope but half way through the day, the heat overcame us and we lost our senses...at least I did. Anyhow, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy the read of my build...been really slow though and I hope it picks up sooner.
Cool, thanks. I hear ya with the school thing, I'm doing the same thing soon. I can usually handle just about everything, only time I would ever need help is on a bigger project like a lift or something and even then I have a few buddy's who owe me a favor or two anyways. I really will be hitting you up soon to hear about some armor. I appreciate everything and am happy to be meeting some locals.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM

Hello all. My name is Jason. I have been in yota tech for a little while now but don't post much. My main offroad truck is a 05 Tacoma. It is 2wd with a Total Chaos long travel kit, Allied Motorsports 4" custom uprights and fox shocks up front Pulling right at 14" of travel. The rear has a long travel sua kit built by DMZ That uses custom Deaver 62" Springs. I am running 16" double bypasses out back with a bed cage built by me and a buddy resulting in 18" of rear travel. Right now I am running 35" bfg ats on stock Tundra rims. The rear diff has a power trax locker and 4.88s. Also have a 89 pickup that is pretty much stock. It has 31x10.5 inch tires a 1.5" bj spacer a locked front diff and spooled rear. Right now it is torn down in the garage for maintenance type stuff. Here are a few pictures of both rigs.

And the only picture j have on my phone of the 89

Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-image-1295493125.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-image-1598780204.jpg   Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-image-4133924592.jpg   Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-image-3980509768.jpg   Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-image-3807707373.jpg   Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-image-1871118069.jpg  

Last edited by Red89; 07-31-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:15 PM

Wow! That Tacoma is awesome! The '89 looks nice too, though, and is probably closer to the speed of this group. Welcome! (although you're not so new)
Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM

Hahaha thanks. The 89 really isn't up to anyone's speed right now. It is blessed with the 3.0 and right now it is running on 5 cylinders. Not 100% sure why yet, but I will eventually get around Tk figuring it out.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 AM

Figured I would join in on this thread. DD an 88 4Runner (when im not messing with some upgrade or engine problem like recently) I like crawling on the rocks, havent had a chance to play in the sand much, I hate the mud (yes it looks cool and I cant resist hitting the occasional patch, but it does nasty things to trucks) Favorite trails right now: Martinez Cabin, Chiva Falls, Chimney Rock, Charalou(?) Gap. Need to find some more people to go wheeling with since my usual group is starting to fall apart. Just installed an Aussie Locker and some chevy leafs before the engine grenaded (broke 4 of 6 rods and blew three holes in the block)

Name:  8ad5d3d863c9acf93bf47f0ce016fa5f_zps24e0f26b.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  118.2 KB

Name:  cbef0728a5b42b7e417cf4049bd608f1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  637.4 KB
Old 08-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Good looking rig Eagle Scout Pilot. I've enjoyed a few of your trail reports in the past. Is Martinez Cabin still open? I know Martinez Canyon is closed, and I just assumed it was the whole area but haven't been out to see for myself.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Thanks Deathtrap. its been over a year since my last trip to Martinez but i have heard that it was closed. i also heard that there is a back way in? another user here "lofreqjeff" said his buddy knows the back way in so maybe we'll have to get a trip goin when it cools off a bit. i also want to do coke ovens and explore more out there before it all closes.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 PM

Hey I'm Felix new to this forum but this is my DD its all stock 22re W/Auto hoping to do a Manual swap and some other stuff
Attached Thumbnails Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-img_0574.jpg  
Old 02-12-2014, 05:02 AM

Wow! Clean 4Runner man! Do you plan to wheel it, or keep it nice? Don't underestimate the auto trans in these trucks, with the right gearing they're great.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:11 AM

Hey everyone just starting to do some work on my 1988 toyota truck.
I took her up the back way to crown king stock she did great!
just did a 3" lift and now am getting ready to get my BF Goodrich
33 12.50 15 under her should make her perform even better.Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-001-2-.jpg

Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-002-2-.jpg
Old 02-12-2014, 06:29 AM

Thanks I do plan on wheeling it some but not the way it should be we use it to go on road trips its been on several 300+ road trips wanting to take it up to yellowstone this summer
thats why I want a 5 speed the auto just got rebuilt and has about 2k on now
Old 02-13-2014, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by 1988_toyota_n_me
Hey everyone just starting to do some work on my 1988 toyota truck.
I took her up the back way to crown king stock she did great!
just did a 3" lift and now am getting ready to get my BF Goodrich
33 12.50 15 under her should make her perform even better
Nice looking truck!

Originally Posted by felixm24
Thanks I do plan on wheeling it some but not the way it should be we use it to go on road trips its been on several 300+ road trips wanting to take it up to yellowstone this summer
thats why I want a 5 speed the auto just got rebuilt and has about 2k on now
I'd prefer a manual for that kind of driving too.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:16 AM

thank you very much!
Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 PM

My 1989 Hilux

22RE, converted automatic to a 5 speed, installed 1998 Tacoma ear axle with E-Locker and 5.29 gears, converted IFS to solid axle with Spartan locker and 5.29 gears, installed flatbed, installed roof rack with LED light bar, ARB bull bar with Warn 8000 pound winch and driving lights, 4 Runner bucket seats, 255/85R16 BF Goodrich KM2's on factory Tacoma rims and much more.