Arizona Arizona Chapter

Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First 4runner

Hey names Kyle. Live in phoenix. I just bought a 1999 4runner sr5 3.4 auto trans, Factory rear elocker. It has ome suspension in the rear and factory coils and springs in front when I got it. Also has 1inch body lift. My lift for the front should be here this Friday. I will be posting before and after pics of it. This rig is not going to be anything crazy, prob just a nice trail/camping rig for the wife and I.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Welcome 3.4Wheeling! That's a sharp looking 4Runner! You might keep an eye out for runs with Snowshredder555 and Punkelberg, as they have rigs very similar to yours. That is, if anyone still wheels around here.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 87 Deathtrap
Welcome 3.4Wheeling! That's a sharp looking 4Runner! You might keep an eye out for runs with Snowshredder555 and Punkelberg, as they have rigs very similar to yours. That is, if anyone still wheels around here.
Damn brother! A new baby and looking for a 2nd job AND looking to go back to school (when it starts back up) don't leave a whole lotta time for much... just kidding... but yeah time is kind of a rare commodity now a days and I love to get back out on the trail but some one went and fixed his tweeker SFA and has to trailer it to the trail head now. How the hell am I suppose to keep up with that? Oh and the fix on the rear axle seal and bearing isn't holding either...should of gone with OEM from the start instead of the Timken route. Live and learn.

On the subject however, I do hope to be back out as soon as the heat let's up a little and I knock more off the HDL (honey do list) that never ends. Currently in the final phase of remodeling a bedroom with the crown molding being the last of my job with it... Who ever came up with a rounded outside corner deserves to be beat a little and I hold the first ticket. The chair rail went up fine till hit that portion then it took me 3 tries but I finally nailed it with the correct measurement for the little fill in piece.

Anyhow, back on topic.....

Welcome to the boards and hope to see you out on the trail.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 AM

welcome aboard 3.4

yea I think eneryone is in hibernation or something we still wheel just about every Friday night up at table mesa all is welcome to wheel just show up 1st air down at the west side of i17 leave there at 700 every Friday night.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard 3.4!

I'm out and about all the time, if you're interested in heading out with us sometime, send me a PM and I'll let ya know what the plan is.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:43 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. lofreqjeff/glideraz I will pm you and we can hit some trails.
87 Deathtrap Thanks for the compliment on my ride. Checked out your build thread, Your runner is badass.
So I got my lift on this past Saturday and found the camburg upper control arm uni-balls were completely shot. so said screw it and order all new upper and lower bushings, uni balls and lower ball joints. At least its not sitting like a drag car any more. Heres some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-side1.jpg   Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-side2.jpg   Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-tire2.jpg  
Old 06-25-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by snowshredder555
Damn brother! A new baby and looking for a 2nd job AND looking to go back to school (when it starts back up) don't leave a whole lotta time for much... just kidding... but yeah time is kind of a rare commodity now a days and I love to get back out on the trail but some one went and fixed his tweeker SFA and has to trailer it to the trail head now. How the hell am I suppose to keep up with that? Oh and the fix on the rear axle seal and bearing isn't holding either...should of gone with OEM from the start instead of the Timken route. Live and learn.

On the subject however, I do hope to be back out as soon as the heat let's up a little and I knock more off the HDL (honey do list) that never ends. Currently in the final phase of remodeling a bedroom with the crown molding being the last of my job with it... Who ever came up with a rounded outside corner deserves to be beat a little and I hold the first ticket. The chair rail went up fine till hit that portion then it took me 3 tries but I finally nailed it with the correct measurement for the little fill in piece.
I can relate to the never ending home projects and the damn heat! I'm about to take my toys and go up North!
And don't worry about keeping up with me Ted, I usually handicap myself pretty early on these days, that's the real reason for the trailer.

Originally Posted by 3.4wheeling
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. lofreqjeff/glideraz I will pm you and we can hit some trails.
They're good guys and know their stuff, you won't regret it!

87 Deathtrap Thanks for the compliment on my ride. Checked out your build thread, Your runner is badass.
Thanks man! I appreciate that.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 PM

Hey my name is Patrick, the wife and i moved down to phoenix about 5 months ago and still have not been out wheelin i have an 88 pickup with chevy rear springs and ball joints in the front. here are a couple of poser shots from nor cal
Name:  SAM_0620.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  89.9 KB
Name:  SAM_0618.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  105.0 KB
Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 AM

nice flex out back
welcome aboard
Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 PM

Welcome to Arizona YotaDude!
Those 63's flex pretty well. Any other work done (lockers, gears, etc)?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 3.4wheeling
So I got my lift on this past Saturday and found the camburg upper control arm uni-balls were completely shot. so said screw it and order all new upper and lower bushings, uni balls and lower ball joints. At least its not sitting like a drag car any more. Heres some pictures.

Welcome aboard kyle! Nick was telling me those control arms turned out great! Cant wait for the summer to end so I can finish my SAS and finally go wheeling with you guys.

Last edited by TRDevelopment; 07-26-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM

I'm still here, just haven't been doing much wheeling lately save for a few CK runs. Supposed to be finishing up the rear bumper on my Anthracite rig tonight, I'll post when done! Picked up an old school dune buggy (Manx style) for CHEAP and have been working on getting it road/trail worthy too.....
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 87 Deathtrap
Welcome to Arizona YotaDude!
Those 63's flex pretty well. Any other work done (lockers, gears, etc)?
nope stock gears and no lockers (yet) chevy springs and ball joints in the front is all i have done. would love to do more but my money tree will not produce anything.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Welcome yota dude. Nice rig got some good flex.

Welcome aboard kyle! Nick was telling me those control arms turned out great!
Cant wait for the summer to end so I can finish my SAS and finally go wheeling
with you guys again.
Ya finally got the lower control arm bushings and alignment done. Riding a lot better.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM

Hi everybody, my name is Shane. I just got my first 4runner a week ago, new to them but have some experience in wheeling. I like to go out and just have a great time outdoors, dirt trails or whatever. I've never done much crazy stuff but I wanna push my truck to some limits now that I have something decent... I'm gonna be adding more stuff soon like lift and some armor, hopefully I can learn a thing or two from some of you guys... btw I'm out in San tan valley and here's my rig
Attached Thumbnails Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?-img_20130724_191156.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 PM

Welcome Shane, congrats on getting your first runner.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM

Thanks 3.4, I have only personally had one other 4x4 years ago and it was an old 84 s10 blazer, this thing blows it away already.. plus I'm a Toyota guy anyway, just got rid of my 98 LS400 for the runner, still have my 95. Really glad to be here, keeping my eyes and ears open for any kind of trail runs or get togethers.. I'm itching to get out pretty bad, as long as the weather agrees - or not I really don't care
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 PM

Welcome BlazeRunner! You're in a great area (San Tan Valley), minutes away from some of the best wheeling in the state! Check back a few posts for some of the regulars that are still going despite the heat, I'm sure they'd welcome you to tag along. Otherwise, there will be plenty of runs to jump on once the weather cools down a bit. Also, you might check out some of the local build threads for ideas of what works in our terrain and on specific rigs, Snowshredder555's build thread comes to mind as a comparable rig to yours. Welcome aboard man.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by punkelberg
Picked up an old school dune buggy (Manx style) for CHEAP and have been working on getting it road/trail worthy too.....
Got any pics of this? Dune buggies are rad man!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:25 PM

Welcome aboard BlazeRunner....that sure is one clean 97' you have there...it looks like they already took care updating the front head lights to a 99's. I like how much cleaner the look and I'm looking for a set myself. Any who...I'm over in San Tan Ranch so we're pretty close to each other if you ever need any help. Oh, and the armor thing...I know somebody who knows somebody who's a friend of their buddy that might be able to help ya with that..just gotta let me know to I can send through the chain for ya...cool?

Quick Reply: Arizona Members: Who are you and what do you wheel?