Colorado Colorado Chapter

laws

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laws

I'm just curious as to if anyone has actually read the state laws regarding modifying vehicles because apparently you can't modify the suspension system of your vehicle. I find this funny because you always see guys driving around in trucks that have obviously be lifted and tampered with. hell there are even tons of companies here in the state that specialize in doing suspension modifications to vehicles. Am I missing something or do we just not care that we are all breaking the law? and what is up with not being able to put an older engine into a newer car? The purpose behind that is so all of us motor heads drive older cars i guess. I can't figure out how that actually would ever help the environment or whatever but okay. all these stupid laws but then they don't require trucks to have mud flaps on the rear wheels (I have had enough broken windshields thank you very much) or even bumpers. I just will never understand this reasoning.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
The subject's come up before. Funny you mentioned bumpers, because that was the topic of one of the more recent threads on it. https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/b...ticket-228962/

Here's the Colorado lift laws and vehicle equipment laws for reference: http://www.liftlaws.com/colorado_lift_laws.htm

Notice where it says you're allowed to install heavy duty springs and shock absorbers(also the note stating the law was found to be "unconstitutionally overboard"). So saying you can't modify the suspension at all isn't quite true.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried searching for something on this... didn't find much anyway thanks for clarifying it for me... it just was a bit ridiculous. they made it sound Like it must stay as an oem suspension but you could add different shocks. I'm glad that is not the case. now they talk about how you can't use a carbed engine for an engine swap but I know people do... anyway what about diesel? I guess you could claim that diesel is fuel injected... maybe. it's just not an EFI type fuel injection.