Colorado Colorado Chapter

Co4Roc

Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by AxleIke; 04-02-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a 4Runner owner, but I've been following this thread because of the Colorado connection. After being without a 4wd for a few years (after selling my 2nd 4Runner), I got my Tacoma last summer, and have been building it up to make it more trail worthy for moderate trail riding. I've been doing alot of lurking on the various forums, and trying to get more involved with the Toyota OR clubs to do some trail riding with guys and gals that enjoy the same thing.

But it seems like I'm seeing alot of subdivisions occuring in the Colorado ranks, which to me makes it more difficult to get over the hump and find a good group. I'm sorting seeing Mojo's perspective - a bunch of small, private clubs can have a way of alienating the general population of people trying to find their way into the sport. If that's the goal - then so be it I guess. Personally, I like the idea of an open door policy - it makes outsiders feel invited and welcome to join up with established groups. I think it's pretty rare that you'll get such a bad seed that actions need to be taken. And from what I've seen, all the bigger groups have the same sort of policies, goals, and respect for the land and trails, while acknowledging that enforcement isn't consistent across the board.

Another 2 cents to consider or toss aside....

- matt
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM

I would be interested in joining a Colorado 4Runner/Toyota club, and I know at least 1 person maybe more who would possibly join up. The private group idea doesn't sound like the greatest way to get a club started, I think it just created conflicts right off the bat, some may feel they're not experianced enough to join up and keep up with the old guys. With a more public group, (but still with some level of commitment and participation) it'll make everything run smoothly given that there is a good sized number of group of members. I think thats what I wanted to say.... anyway there are sooo many 4runners in Colorado I can't beleive someone wouldn't organize something like this, just keep things on the brightside.

-brad
Old 04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Deleted all previous posts. Unfortunetly, i for some reason cannot delete the posts completely, so i just dotted them out.

Apologies for cluttering up your thread.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 PM

Man I was off the Comp for a few days and I missed alot of "stuff". I think Semi-Private is the way to go. Let people come out and based on a predetermined amount of runs the prospective member has been on in a set amount of time, they can then be voted upon for membership. That way it is open to all, but sort of exclusive to prevent the bad seeds from causing issues. Ric, if you need a set of By-Laws already written with this format, let me know. I have them for our club here in town that I just started up. Also let me know what I can do to help facilatate this.

-Matt
Old 04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member

I'm interested.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ric
why would ya want your posts deleted ?
They were not adding anything to the discussion, and i didn't want to get into any arguements. I don't really think that i belong here, and it would be rude of me to clutter up this thread for others. Again, apologies.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is RM4ROC about?

What do you folks think about putting up a short few lines or a paragraph explaining what RM4ROC is about on the home page? I think that it might be a good way to attract fun and responsible wheelers and also dissuade the guys that like to do things like peel out on alpine tundra. I?m having a tough time being concise with the words and am not close to being satisfied with what I wrote but am hoping that folks will pipe in and offer suggestions to help refine and shape it? Please offer suggestions. I could definitely use the help.

For the home page:

Rocky Mountain 4runners Owner?s Club

We want to continue growing a community that leads by example, bringing the better sides of off-roading to light. RM4ROC is a place that is geared to building a new respected reputation in off-roading, starting here in Colorado. We?re beginning with the simple things like sober driving, staying on trail, and helping keep the trails clean. It?s often tough to be the one that speaks up when someone is going out of bounds. We want to be a growing voice to encourage a better reputation and do this through friends that share the same interest. If you think RM4ROC follows your suit and you are interested please feel free to contact us. It?s a club but it?s meant to be friendly to join.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned

I just decided to join my local land cruiser club, and they have 3 trail cleanups a year I think, that would be something we could but it would also be fun too. just need some trucks or get some trailers or something to haul the big stuff out. maybe I can find me a dana 44 out there, (so tempted to SAS this thing)
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Ric...and all...

I'm down for this group. Small fee or not. Not only will it give me the chance to get out and wheel but also to meet some people. I have been lacking in the getting out and doing stuff area lately.

Brandon

Please keep me informed!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

ideas of logos

Last edited by neliconcept; 04-08-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

should be workin now, i messed it up since it was CMYK but its now RGB
Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 PM

I am not too good with photoshop or paint but let's see if I can describe my idea.

Since it sounds like we are going for Rocky Mountain 4ROC; how about having the RM in large letters with 4ROC in smaller (half the font size of RM) running across it.

While I was thinking about that one I came up with another...

Have 'Rocky Mountain' forming the top portion of a circle, 'Offroad Club' forming the bottom section of the circle and '4Runner' going through the center of the circle. I will try and post up a design and if anyone wants to post up their interpretations based on my description, please, feel free!

Brandon
Old 04-08-2007, 09:04 PM

Here are 3 drafts of what I had in mind...keep in mind that I rough handed these in about 5 minutes, and since I do not have the computer skills to do them up like Neliconcept, I figures I would post rough drafts and let someone take over from there.

This one I am ashamed of, but I tried a more defined style of lettering and it turned out even worse than this. You have to imagine it without the physical circle, but I needed that as a reference.

Brandon

P.S. Please don't flame too hard about the artistic skills!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:51 AM

Why isn't it RMTOC? Rocky Mountain Toyota Owners Club? Is this limited to 4Runners only? Or is it just implied that FJ Cruisers, Tacoma's, etc can join as well? Just more to think about.

John
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

even tho' 4Runner is prevalent in other ROC club's names across america I always just looked at it as all Toyotas would be wecomed and I'm sure this would always be the case especially here in Colorado. I love all Toyota trucks.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ric
We feel "its not about what, you drive. Its about the driver"

Unless it's a Jeep
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM

I know Ric, anyone who wheels with respect for the law, others and the land is cool in my book!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 AM

I like these ones

Would like to see some Red in that one though.

And my personal Favorite

Old 04-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Contributing Member

Pretty simple rules to follow to be allowed in this group.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Co4Roc