2012 Colorado Toyota Jamboree 7/20-7/22

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Colorado Toyota Jamboree 7/20-7/22

2012 Colorado Toyota Jamboree
July 20-22nd 2012
Sponsored by Addicted Off Road

The 2012 Colorado Toyota Jamboree will be held July 20-22, 2012. This year's event is going to be held on private property to better accommodate the large group we expect this year. The property is located near Salida, CO, just south of Buena Vista (address is 14200 CR 193 Salida, CO). There will be signs directing you from the highway to the campsite.

We will be holding the raffle and free BBQ on Saturday night again this year, just like last year. Burgers, Dogs, and other sides will be provided before the raffle begins. Raffle will likely start between 7-8pm. We will also be providing trash service, portable toilets, and firewood this year. The portable toilets and trash cans must be used, the future use of this property depends on how clean we keep it.

Please note that we are staggering start times for trail runs so we can better organize each run to make this work smoother. It’s imperative that we follow this rule this year to abide by the BLM and Forest Service rules for the event. That is why pre-registering is so important. Please helps us to make this event run smoother by doing this.

Please note that YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER for trail runs. Cost for the weekend event is $30/rig.

We cannot accept on-site registration at the trail-head itself. So, if you want to run Holy Cross on Friday, then you must pre-register BEFORE meeting at the trailhead. This is required as we need to keep the group numbers within a certain number.

Pre-registration will be closed Wednesday July 11th.

We will have on-site registration at the property entrance. On-site registration will be $40 per rig. Your registration fee includes use of all facilities at the event including trail runs, camping, trash service, portable toilets, firewood, Saturday's BBQ, and the Raffle. We are NOT trying to make money on this event. In fact, whatever funds are left over after the event will also be donated to Stay the Trail along with all raffle proceeds. Raffle tickets will be 6 tickets for $5 or $1/ticket.

This is a great family event, and we want to keep it that way.

Please send this form and check or money order (amount $30) to:
Addicted Offroad
6344 W. 10th Street
Greeley, CO 80634

For any more information or questions please call or email us
(970)420-4198
sales@addictedoffroad.com

Trail List:
Please list the trails you plan on running on your registration form.
Boulder Mountain (Stocker friendly)
BV Carnage
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake (Stocker friendly except for the first big ledge, might need a pull)
Hancock Pass (Stocker friendly)
Holy Cross
Iron Chest
Lost Canyon (Stocker friendly)
Mount Antero (Stocker friendly)
Mount Princeton
Pomeroy Lakes (Stocker friendly)
Tincup Pass (Stocker friendly)
Wheeler Lake
Old 05-30-2012, 06:22 AM

2 month BUMP!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 PM

ONE MONTH BUMP UNTIL THE REGISTRATION FORMS ARE DUE!!
http://www.addictedoffroad.com/extra...boreeWaver.pdf

CGuava & I went and checked out the land we will be using to camp. I know it's been said a couple times but the future of our event and getting to use this private land depends on how well we treat it. There will be porta potties and trash dumpers onsite. We MUST USE THEM! We can't crap all over this private land. With that said, here's the maps of the property.

County Road 193 is located 0.5 miles from the intersection of 285/24 and 291. Head north on county road 193 for 0.4 miles and that's the entrance to the property.

We'd like to keep the traffic on the property to 2 main directions. They are labeled in red. Please do not head north on the road past the horse trailer. The property owner's house is on the other side of the hill. We are camping in the southwest section of the property.

Here's a more detailed map of the camping area.

The area in orange is nice & flat but out in the open. We felt this would best be used to park truck & trailers and RV's. Please make sure to leave enough room for people to turn around in these areas.

The area in yellow is suggested camping area. There will be plenty of room for everyone. Please try and keep vehicles on the red paths to avoid the # of truck tracks on his land. The area in green is our campfire area. It's out in the open and centralized. Please do not make your own indivual fire pits all over the land. Let's keep the fire in the green area. We can build several fire pits in the green. I know what you are thinking - Chaffee County is under a fire ban. The property owner might be able to pull a burn permit for our Jambo weekend. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

If you have any questions regarding the event, please ask them. If you are planning on attending the event and haven't gotten your forms filled out, please get them in ASAP. We need to pay for the land use, porta potty & dumpster rentals. All the leftover funds are being donated to Stay The Trail!

Thanks for making this one of the best Toyota events in the US!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Would someone kindly direct me to a previous year's trip report thread or photos?

Thanks!
BigMike
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BigMike
Would someone kindly direct me to a previous year's trip report thread or photos?

Thanks!
BigMike
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/...h-31st-230427/

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...2010-a-217299/

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...e#post13684278
Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow, this place looks great. Thank you Scotty
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM
EKJ

Ya its pretty sweet there.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:32 PM

if it all doesn't BURN first...just saying.
those are some awesome trails up there.
maybe ill be able to make it next year. my 4runner needs a lot of work done before it is in any shape to be doing anything. it's basically a giant paperweight at the moment. hopefully ill get the sas swap done but that probably won't happen. definitely going to get a new engine though.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 PM

i'm gonna go, but don't think i'll be there until friday.... is there a schedule of what times, people will run certain trails?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 PM

P.S. anyone have any suggestions on easygoing, (wife will be with me) scenic trails to run?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 AM
EKJ

Trail runs are listed in the registration packet. Wheeler lake is not to hard and very pretty!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Registration forms are due to Scotty at Addicted in 1 week!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Drgoodspd
P.S. anyone have any suggestions on easygoing, (wife will be with me) scenic trails to run?
Grizzly Lake (Stocker friendly except for the first big ledge, might need a pull)
Mount Princeton
Old 07-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigMike

Thanks!
BigMike
You guys thinking about making the haul out to the Colorado Toyota Jamboree?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by Volcom
Mount Princeton
Thank you VOLCOM
but i meant for the Jamboree...... I think i'm gonna run "wheeler lake", i hope thats one the wife will enjoy.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 PM

unless those are also options for the jamboree, but i don't see them on the registration form.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 AM

Good news.

The governor has lifted the fire ban as of yesterday. We have received a lot of rain the last 1.5 weeks and its now up to the counties to dictate the fire bans. So, Chaffee county has Stage 1 restrictions. That means we can have a fire, but it needs to be in a "permanent fire ring or structure". I will be bringing my fire pit. Its not huge, but will work for this. Also, we should be able to get away with one main campfire location. We still need to be very aware of the potential fire danger, but it looks like the ban was lifted just in time for the event.

***** Also on a side note. Pre-registraion is now over as of today. If its postmarked the 10th, you'll be fine, but from here on out, you can only register at the event itself.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 AM

YES........
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Drgoodspd
Thank you VOLCOM
but i meant for the Jamboree...... I think i'm gonna run "wheeler lake", i hope thats one the wife will enjoy.
All those trails I listed are located in the BV / Salida area and are the recommended trails to run for the Jambo. What day you planning on running Wheeler? I'm running it the Friday of the Jambo.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 AM

i'm thinking we're running wheeler on sat. WE're hoping to actually be up there BY friday night, so we can set up camp, then hit wheeler at 9am sat morning.

Quick Reply: 2012 Colorado Toyota Jamboree 7/20-7/22