British Columbia British Columbia Chapter

BC Trail Talk.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well we will have to get on the trails! I hope the snow melts faster.. I want to get out there and have some fun.

You wanting the 5vzfe + e-locker?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jay351
Well we will have to get on the trails! I hope the snow melts faster.. I want to get out there and have some fun.

You wanting the 5vzfe + e-locker?
Yeah, I am going to try and get out on March 8th for the 4WDABC for there maintanence run. After that I hope the rest of the parts are here and I can get the lift done.

The main reason for the 96-00 4runner is the engine and e locker, as well as a stronger steering system and newer looks.

Jeremy
Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well...she's on the market. i figure anyone thats local might be subscribed to this thread. if you know anyone in the market for a ready to go wheeler...point em to mine! buysell & craigslist ads w/ pics are in my sig...

Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 PM

Sonny I would so get your rig if I was able too, that is the best 3rd gen I have seen.

I need to dump my G35 and 4runner first though not really looking forward to dumping the G35.

Good luck with the sale, cant wait to see the 80 series.

Jeremy
Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Contributing Member

I wouldn't feel right wheeling that rig - too pretty
Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm heading out 4x4ing on Saturday with the 4WDABC, last run for this set up before I put in the new lift.

I'f anyone is intrested meet at Sasquatch in at 9:30 am and head up from there.

Jeremy
Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

Dammit - Wish I could head up with you guys. Im working night shift 2-9am. UGH.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:17 PM

Any one looking for a 4" IFS lift or BJ spacers with the long travel shocks? I will have it all for sale in the next week.

Jeremy
Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

hmm...i might be down with the BJ spacers and shocks. Let me know what you want for them, and all the details and i'll get back to you.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

wait a minute...are you selling the bracket lift that you were gonna put in too? does that mean your plans have changed? did you get a new runner already?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm interested, but wait, you already know that.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by rubysRunner
wait a minute...are you selling the bracket lift that you were gonna put in too? does that mean your plans have changed? did you get a new runner already?
Yes I'm selling the braket lift too I have a solid axle here that I am rebuilding. I also have a shipment from trail gear on the way as well

The plan for a 96+ runner is on hold, I cant make one of those into a trail rig and feel good about it.

I will make a small build thread when I start on hte swap in the next 3-4 weeks.

Jeremy
Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 PM

No bracket lift for me. I'm already an inch from hitting alot of parking garages and my carport.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:09 PM

I'd love to find a rolled 3rd gen 4Runner and make into basically a 1st get removable top or the likes.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Wheelingnoob
Yes I'm selling the braket lift too I have a solid axle here that I am rebuilding. I also have a shipment from trail gear on the way as well

The plan for a 96+ runner is on hold, I cant make one of those into a trail rig and feel good about it.

I will make a small build thread when I start on hte swap in the next 3-4 weeks.

Jeremy
nice one Jeremy...cant wait to see the progress. hey, when you get to the rebuilding the knuckles part...can i come over and watch/hold things for ya? i sold my runner today, picking up the cruiser in the next week...

first thing i want to do is see the innards of the birfields..and how to swap one in the unlikely event i pop it. 80's are pretty much the same i think, just longer shafts. id rebuild the fronts, but the PO just did a front axle job on it...and well theres no point in tearing it back down..even if its for my own personal edumacation...

i figure when im due for the next axle servicing..thats when i'll regear.

hopefully you'll get it together by the time whipsaw comes around...we'll see what the hub-bub is with these SA's
Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by d0ubledown
nice one Jeremy...cant wait to see the progress. hey, when you get to the rebuilding the knuckles part...can i come over and watch/hold things for ya? i sold my runner today, picking up the cruiser in the next week...

first thing i want to do is see the innards of the birfields..and how to swap one in the unlikely event i pop it. 80's are pretty much the same i think, just longer shafts. id rebuild the fronts, but the PO just did a front axle job on it...and well theres no point in tearing it back down..even if its for my own personal edumacation...

i figure when im due for the next axle servicing..thats when i'll regear.

hopefully you'll get it together by the time whipsaw comes around...we'll see what the hub-bub is with these SA's
Hey man!!

That 80 looks fantastic!!!!

I have taken apart my hub on one side already, I'm in the process of cleaning it up. I will give you a call when I am about to do the other side and we will plan a day to do it.

I will tell you though they are messy!!!!! I had grease up to my elbows the other night and still smell like the grease 4 showers later lol.

Once I have the axle all cleaned up and guseted it maybe a good idea to come over again and watch the resembly. There really quite easy after doing the one side. Its critical to keep all the parts in order though.

PM me your number gain and I will call you up.

Jeremy

p.s. cant wait ot test out thise SFA beasts!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:21 PM

Hey Guys~.
I just wanna say...Hello~
How are you guys doin?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 AM

OK so project SAS is well underway, I have my donor axle all stripped down. I just need to hack off all the non needed brakets and weld on the creeper gusets and armour. Once I have that all done the resembly will begin.

Looks like its going under the tourch on the 12th and well be back on the road for the 17th. I have the 3" TG kit in the garage and will be picking up the 4.88 v6 3rd for the front tomorrow. I will also be regearing the rear to 4.88 at the same time.

For the rear I have some OME LC springs that will give me a 5.5" lift in the back. That should give the truck a decent rake and a nice level ride with all the gear in the back and roof. So it loos like the front will have a 4.5" lift and 5.5" in the rear.

I may also be taking off the 2" BL as I do not want the truck to be any bigger than need be. Rock sliders and rear bumper will also be done at that time or with in the next month.

Hey Guys~.
I just wanna say...Hello~
Hello!

Jeremy
Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds cool man! Are you doing all the welding? Pictures are a must
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jay351
Sounds cool man! Are you doing all the welding? Pictures are a must
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f152...er-sas-141780/

I have a few pictures in there, I will be loading a few more tonight.

Need to get that axle all back togeather now.

Jeremy

Quick Reply: BC Trail Talk.