British Columbia British Columbia Chapter

BC Trail Talk.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I asked for a rear bumper from BCC. Taran is supposed to call me to get a date set to when I can get it Going to ask about sliders too.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been having too much fun wheeling in the snow!!!! and I got a new car to drive daily so I have not been on here very much at all.

Jay351: There is a Harrison run on the 12th if you want to get out for a great day of wheeling. Its a awesome way to get your truck out and see what it can do. Last month we went to Chehalis to see the Slide damage.

Also maybe doing some winter camping soon too, I cant wait for that

Jeremy
Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Wheelingnoob
I have been having too much fun wheeling in the snow!!!! and I got a new car to drive daily so I have not been on here very much at all.

Jay351: There is a Harrison run on the 12th if you want to get out for a great day of wheeling. Its a awesome way to get your truck out and see what it can do. Last month we went to Chehalis to see the Slide damage.

Also maybe doing some winter camping soon too, I cant wait for that

Jeremy

Thanks for the heads up Jeremy

Hopfally I can go, I got a crapload of exams this month, stupid school.

Whos going on the run?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
Thanks for the heads up Jeremy

Hopfally I can go, I got a crapload of exams this month, stupid school.

Whos going on the run?
http://bb.bc4x4.com/calendar.php?do=...-1-12&e=16&c=1

There is usally 15-20 trucks that head out, its a great way to find some nice local trails.

I hope to be there, I have some repairs to do first.

Jeremy
Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Contributing Member

Theres gonna be tons of snow up there, saw some pictures of buddys 39" boggers covered in snow.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Contributing Member

Just want to say first off, your 3rd gen ROCKS! secondly, i highly recommend Yanks Peak! a great trail. and beautiful scenery when you reach the top.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 PM

Whoo dead in here!!! I guess the snow has really limited any kind of 4x4ing in the lower mainland. If I was still driving mine I would be seeing how far I can get lol.

Having a rwd car as a winter car and a 4x4 as the summer car is funny

Jeremy
Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I asked for a rear bumper from BCC. Taran is supposed to call me to get a date set to when I can get it Going to ask about sliders too.
Any news from BCC re: your rear bumper and/or sliders?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Contributing Member

i think he ended up getting an all pro rear and some sliders. theres a thread...probably in the 86-95 forum. nice setup. taran had a good deal goin on the tube bumpers a while back.

i havent been out in ages...last time was hut lakes in nov i think? will be selling my beast in the next few months, so im just workin on getting it in tip top shape. stepping up to an 80...most likely an HDJ81 with triple lockers, winch and that lovely 4.2L 1HD-T diesel motor.

would like to get my runner out abit more in the next couple months though...however im not a big snow wheeling fan...unless im with people that have winches
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member

Land cruiser, eh? Nice.
A bunch of us were up Vedder Mtn last week. Lots of ice.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yabedude
Any news from BCC re: your rear bumper and/or sliders?
Taren ended up talking me into the marlin rear bumper which they modded to fit with the bl - and whatever sliders they had in stock. I love it! Already had a few people compliment it.

My only complaint... it is freakin HARD to paint sliders once they are already installed. I am noticing surface rust on some parts I couldnt get with the rattle can. At least I could remove the rear bumper and do it again ( had to!) I wonder how im going to do this one... Loosen the body mounts and jack the body up? Suggestions anyone?

I was in abbotsford the past 2 days, saw so many nice lifted toyotas.

Last edited by Jay351; 02-02-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds like the surface rust is in a spot that isn't visible from the side so a paint brush might work -- out of sight out of mind type thing.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Contributing Member

Ended up using a spray can, getting black paint all over my body.. Whatever! Getting new paint this year anyways.

Any trail rides comming up soon guys? Im itchin to get back out there.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Ended up using a spray can, getting black paint all over my body.. Whatever! Getting new paint this year anyways.

Any trail rides comming up soon guys? Im itchin to get back out there.
I want to get out again too its been 3 months now . I'm in the middle of installing a 4" Trailmaster lift and rear OME LC coils. Once thats done I need to weld on the sliders, make rear bumper and front bumper. I sould be ready to get back on the trail in September

Should have the rest of my parts here for the lift in a week or two and then have it back on the road again first of April.

Jeremy

p.s. have fun trying to get anywere there is a lot of snow out there. Take two trucks!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

Im not going ANYWHERE till the snow melts. Mud tires hate snow.

Let me know if you need a hand putting in your lift.... even though its a damn BRACKET lift! Tisk Tisk
Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Im not going ANYWHERE till the snow melts. Mud tires hate snow.

Let me know if you need a hand putting in your lift.... even though its a damn BRACKET lift! Tisk Tisk
HAHAHA Yeah I know........I do have a SFA out of a 84 but the work involved and cost is somthing I'm not intrested in doing right now. The Braket lift will hopfully bring my steering angles back onto line so I stop killling idler arms (killed 8 last year).

The rear of the truck will be much more flexy as I am fetting rid of the 2" coil spacers and putting in OME LC 80series springs.

Looking forward to getting it all done and going. My Mud tires are awesome in the snow even with the lunchbox locker in the back. Haveing mud tires that have sipes is key.

I will let you know if I need a hand but I'm sure I will be fine.

Jeremy
Old 02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Contributing Member

You could always give me that SFA I could figure out a way to make use of it

Why didn't you go with a idler arm brace, or the TC one? Im sure it wouldve solved your idler arm problems. I have yet to kill my cheapo aftermarket one! I might as well rebuild my oem and have it ready

Post pictures when you get down to the nitty gritty.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM

You could always give me that SFA I could figure out a way to make use of it

Why didn't you go with a idler arm brace, or the TC one? Im sure it wouldve solved your idler arm problems. I have yet to kill my cheapo aftermarket one! I might as well rebuild my oem and have it ready

Post pictures when you get down to the nitty gritty.
I have had a few people offer to take my SFA off my hands I have it sold to a friend I think (guy with the nice White X cab that was with me that day we passed you).

I had the Downy brace on my brand new Toyota idler it lasted me one weekend of FSR driving (did not even use 4wd) I have had 4 Moog ones on there and 2 Beck arnley all lasted about 1 month. The TC one would have been a good thing to do at the start of the summer before spending $500 on replacement idlers.

I'm not planing on keeping the truck after this summer so there is not point in spending a ton of money on it.

Jeremy
Old 02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Whats the plan for the rig? I guess you are selling her. If so, why are you doing all this work right now?

Whats your plan after the summer?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Whats the plan for the rig? I guess you are selling her. If so, why are you doing all this work right now?

Whats your plan after the summer?
I just wated to get it done right, I felt what I had was not the right setup. I plan to use the truck as much as I can this summer and then sell it come fall winter. At that point I will start looking for a 96-00 4runner Limited I want AC and all the jazz.

Jeremy

Last edited by Wheelingnoob; 02-29-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: BC Trail Talk.