North Carolina North Carolina Chapter
View Poll Results: Which image to use?
The funky image is cool, new and different. I like it!
18.75%
Na, its kinda too much and I'd rather be able to see the trucks better...
81.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Poll:Which Image?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll:Which Image?

Ok...

I'm not so sure if I like the whole funky picture (ie, glowing edges) picture on the main page. I like the image and all, just don't know if its quite appropriate. What do you guys think? Cool? Or trying to be cool?
Old 11-24-2003, 06:27 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Uh...

I'm not really sure what you are asking us to compare. Clarification please and some pics of the images?

Old 11-24-2003, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

Could not find exactly which image your are talking about.

I like what you have done with your truck. Mine is stock in the tires and suspension area.

I saw the references to OME, coils... ect. What exactly did you do to your suspension and or body lift to get there. And which sized Duelers did you install. I am trying to make a list of what I like and don't before getting into my suspension mods. I also like the look of the limited flares without the running boards and I am needing to go down that road. Thanks for all the pics on a ride so close to my own that I can get a great idea of the results of particular combos.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:04 AM

Re: Poll:Which Image?

Originally posted by turboale
Ok...

I'm not so sure if I like the whole funky picture (ie, glowing edges) picture on the main page. I like the image and all, just don't know if its quite appropriate. What do you guys think? Cool? Or trying to be cool?
Calrockx had that type of image effect a long time ago for his main 4R page so it's been done. I think it's cool but I like your other photo with the headlights at the top of a hill- that would be a good title page image.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

oooOOooo, good idea firsttoy!

SkyRat,
Did you look at my 4Runner site or just the 4Roc member page? There is more detail on my personal page. Click "4Runner" in my sig and that will take you to it. Let me know if you have more questions though. I'd be happy to help ya out. I also have more pictures for instance w/o the TJM for refrence incase you haven't found those yet. Definately take off the running boards though. Its an instant (FREE!) body lift.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

Ok, I switched the image. I like the dark look of the pic FirstToy suggested and it works. The only problem I have with it is that my truck is the only truck on it. I guess it works for now.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

I went all over the site that comes up when you hit the www at the bottom of the post. Lots of great pics, but I did not see any real write-ups. I especially like the before and afters of the running boards. I have heard many talk about it, but seeing gives me a much better understanding.

Also, I did see the sig but was wondering which coils, which shocks and how much body lift. I guess I was talking model numbers for all of the above if you have them posted somewhere.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Is this the site that you found? Click here. Go to the "modification page"
Sorry, I need to change that website. All the underlned text in my Sig are links. I guess I need to make it more apparent that they are links.
I don't konw if I have model numbers on the new site yet though. I'll look them up. I don't know much about the downeys I'm running right now though. I don't know how many adjustable coilover models they have. I just know they are a $8-900 shock and I got them for less than a quarter of that from a fellow YT member . I don't currently have a body lift. ALLLL suspension I don't know if I'm going to go with a 1 or 2 inch. The one inch is just a lot easier and I won't have to deal with raising my TJM but I know I will wish I had gone with the two incher later. Plus, more room for more tire
Old 11-25-2003, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks,
The link I first went to was HERE . After your response I went to the link in the Sig. The Sig link gives me the info I was interested in. There were some write-ups along with the great photos describing what you went through.

One thing that was not apparant to me, did you put the 285's on the stock alloy wheels or were they only mounted on the aftermarkets?

Also...I love the LoadWarrior, I went with the extension on mine. The before and afters are great. I tend to forget to do the before's and only do the after's...

Last edited by SkyRat; 11-25-2003 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by turboale
The one inch is just a lot easier and I won't have to deal with raising my TJM
the same i would say you just have to jack it up 1 inch higher to get the 2 inch blocks under there -- whole process is very simple

also jon removed his tjm -- i think he had to to get the front blocks in -- so raising the bumper is not an issue esp. for you without a heavy a$$ winch in there.

not sure how it fits though b/c he still has his truck in the garage since he has no front diff, but he finally got that power steering pump in last night

anybody got an extra "G" lying around to help him out
Old 11-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry Jon,
No extra "g" lying around. If I did... it would be going to my own bodylift/regear/locker fund . The only problem with raising the them is that the bracket doesn't go high enough. There will be atleast an inch of space between the bumper and the body. I was thinking about it though... I have a god father that is good with metals (he just built a steel trawler with two other guys from a kit). and i'm sure he could fab something up for me that would be the correct height and stronger. Those mounts seem like they are sort-of the weak point. But, after I think about it... In an accident you want the bumper to give a bit... hum....

SkyRat. I love my loadworrior too!
It's holding my rockcrawlers right now. They fit perfectly in the boxes. The 285s are mounted on my stock rims right now. I do get some rubbing though. I didn't know I needed new lug nuts so there I was at the firestone place eagerly waiting for them to get to my truck (like an hour+) and after all that they couldn't mount them because I had my stock flat lugnuts and I needed taperd. ARG!! I had finals to deal with and yadda yadda, now I'm home for 6 weeks and will be doing quite afew mods/work on the truck while I'm here. Be careful with your stock cross bars with the load worrior. I had a couple gas gans, and my spare up there for a trip, and I broke my rear cross bar. I have some yak cross bars left over from my previos car that i need to get some new q-towers for (another project on the list) so I will be able to hold as much as I want! Oh, and I kinda did a dumbass move on the trip with the tire/gascans up there on a little whoop-d-woo and I think thats what did the corss bar in. I did a partial fix with a ton of apoxy and some extra screws which are doing fine for now. I did a before/after pic with the running boards. When I get my new web design stoftware installed I'll make a new page for that. I'd really recomend getting some lights for the rack. It really transforms the look! Advanced autoparts has hella 500s on sale for $65 for the kit (that comes with all the wiring stuff you need).

Last edited by turboale; 11-26-2003 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member

Actually...
I have the LoadWarrior and extension mounted atop 48" Yak HD Crossbars. These sit on top of Control Towers which are on top of Landing Pad #1's that mount into the Factory Rack Track. Rock solid and is only about 1" taller than the wimpy factory crossbars (but much costlier...).

Last edited by SkyRat; 11-26-2003 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

yeah, i hear ya on the costiness of yak stuff. Lucky for me I have a buddy who is an authorized dealer I'll be doing the same thing soon. Let us know what your going to do in the lift department
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM

wow just a little old