North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

NC Meets this summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, its on the site.

the 28th-30th... Hope thats enough time. I kinda figured that much when he said that you just found it. I was waiting for you to post up and kinda scared to hear that, but is that going to be enough time?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

Putting it off certainly wouldn't hurt me, I'm still waiting for Marlin to ship me my brake lines. Might actually give me time to get more parts in. I was wondering about that myself, but Jermey seemed to be optomistic about things. Yall figure things out, let us know and we'll deal with it.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:33 AM

Damn I guess the Honeymoon is all ready over, and they havent moved in togather yet.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

dont listen to jason, i just need to pimp slap him a few times to get him in line. That weekend is fine for me. After that would have to wait for at least two weeks or so. . .
Old 05-19-2004, 10:36 AM

OHHHHHHHHH, yo daddy gunna woop your ass now
Old 05-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

ROFL...

Lets try and keep it that weekend. It's the same with me. Thats the weekend I'm planning on comming back to savannah. Though... not I'm debating comming back at all. As of yet... its still the same dates. I will be there no matter what...
Old 05-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sportJr
OHHHHHHHHH, yo daddy gunna woop your ass now

he only gets upset when i refuse to spoon with him
Old 05-20-2004, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
he only gets upset when i refuse to spoon with him
I'm cool with that weekend. Jeremy... peeps are gonna be coming over, and I'm trying to talk Mitzi into coming w/ them... See what I mean? (inside joke)

All I ask is that we keep the place clean and organized. We're LEASING, not owning, and I'm REAL picky about things being neat and tidy. We can make a mess when we're wrenching, as long as it looks like it did before we started when we're done.

I don't know what we're gonna do about a 220 outlet. There's not one in the garage as of yet, but I'm sure we can fix that before the wrench-a-thon. That's Memorial Weekend, so I'll be in and out, and you guys are welcome to come too, but me and some NCSHP and some friends (including Jeremy and Scott hopefully) will be hitting Lake Jordan w/ some jet-skis and some wakeboards. If I actually get on a wakeboard, I will literally be hitting the lake, b/c I SUCK.

What time do you guys plan on showing up and/or leaving so I can plan my romantic interludes w/ Jeremy accordingly....
Old 05-20-2004, 04:27 AM

Oh, and I applaud your optimism in regard to building sliders, but unless you've got someone else's to copy off of, I think you may be a little pre-emptive about making a set... Chris and I figured at LEAST 6 hours prep and fab time on a good set of made-from-scratch sliders... and that's w/o anyone and anything else going on / distracting you. People are gonna want to be using the welder, plasma cutter, and the air compressor. There's only going to be ONE 220 outlet, so the welder and the plasma cutter will have to alternate. If anyone else wants to bring more air line, and a distribution manifold, then there will be multi-use capability w/ the compressor.

That said, I look forward to meeting those people I haven't already met, and seeing those people I haven't seen in a while.

Jason
Old 05-20-2004, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

i dont think there will be any welding going on at our house, i thought that was what the godfathers shop was for. Also, i would like ASAP for everyone who plans on coming to respond with WHEN they plan on coming, WHEN they plan on leaving, and WHAT they would like to TRY to get done while here. Like jason said we may have some alternate plans for some of the weekend but that certainly doesnt mean we have to cancel the whole thing. I would very much like to see everyone and have a good time. As long as the projects are kept to a reasonable level (no more than say 2-5 hours total per person) i think we can get along, i just dont want anyone thinking they are getting 10 hours of free labor tearing their engines out or anything.

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 05-20-2004 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
i dont think there will be any welding going on at our house, i thought that was what the godfathers shop was for. Also, i would like ASAP for everyone who plans on coming to respond with WHEN they plan on coming, WHEN they plan on leaving, and WHAT they would like to TRY to get done while here. Like jason said we may have some alternate plans for some of the weekend but that certainly doesnt mean we have to cancel the whole thing. I would very much like to see everyone and have a good time. As long as the projects are kept to a reasonable level (no more than say 2-5 hours total per person) i think we can get along, i just dont want anyone thinking they are getting 10 hours of free labor tearing their engines out or anything.
Speak for youself biotch.... I'm ripping out a 350 and a tranny... just kidding...

J
Old 05-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

Haha, the usual bickering of married life....

Yeah, well Jon has a set he is working on on his rig. I wasn't really planning on getting the whole thing done that weekend. Just the inner part or something. I probably won't even start them but we shal see, if I have the supplies then maybe. My main project will be my alternator. I just called mr. alt and they said it might not be ready in time. :pat: in which case I'd rather order my body kit, but that will take some from the ol' mom b/c I don't have any money and won't start work til after the meet. If that doesn't pan out I'll have my roof lights to wire up and fog lights to figure out so I can do any of those projects if the new stuff doesn't make it in time. I would love to head out to the lake with you guys!! Are you going to have a ski/wakeboard boat too or are you going to use the jet-skis to tow? Just wondering because I will borrow a ski from work to bring down with me if you have a boat. I have worked as a ski instructor for the last 4 years and would love to get some pulls in. Its been a while and I'm sure I'll be a bit rusty, but if you guys need any pointers I can help there too. I wish my boss's son would come allong. He was the 92 state champ for slalom skiing. He can also do just about anything on a wakeboard but he is an excellent teacher (hes been doing it since he was a kid). Anywho... now I'm really excited!! Man, ive been joanzing to take a jetski out... are there going to be any stand-ups?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by turboale
Haha, the usual bickering of married life....

Yeah, well Jon has a set he is working on on his rig. I wasn't really planning on getting the whole thing done that weekend. Just the inner part or something. I probably won't even start them but we shal see, if I have the supplies then maybe. My main project will be my alternator. I just called mr. alt and they said it might not be ready in time. :pat: in which case I'd rather order my body kit, but that will take some from the ol' mom b/c I don't have any money and won't start work til after the meet. If that doesn't pan out I'll have my roof lights to wire up and fog lights to figure out so I can do any of those projects if the new stuff doesn't make it in time. I would love to head out to the lake with you guys!! Are you going to have a ski/wakeboard boat too or are you going to use the jet-skis to tow? Just wondering because I will borrow a ski from work to bring down with me if you have a boat. I have worked as a ski instructor for the last 4 years and would love to get some pulls in. Its been a while and I'm sure I'll be a bit rusty, but if you guys need any pointers I can help there too. I wish my boss's son would come allong. He was the 92 state champ for slalom skiing. He can also do just about anything on a wakeboard but he is an excellent teacher (hes been doing it since he was a kid). Anywho... now I'm really excited!! Man, ive been joanzing to take a jetski out... are there going to be any stand-ups?
BODY KIT?

My buddy is taking his 03' X-Star, and I've got a Kawasaki 1100 and a Kawasaki 1200... My brother is bringing his jet ski's, and a pontoon boat. Woo hoo!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 AM

And who was needing a gear install??? I have to call our guy ahead of time and make sure he's available...

J
Old 05-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Hell yeah!! Man, I'm so pumped!! I'll be sure to buy some more small gas tanks before I come too so we can grill out on the lake. What lake is it?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah Austin explain the body kit thing, that worries me.

As for the when and what comment. I will probolly be there Sunday morning, maybe Saterday night, not sure on what everyone else is planning so it depends. I just want to get my 5.29 gears installed with Jeremy(if your up to that, if not let me know) and getting my greddy little paws on someones manual hubs, all I need is the little spring and ball inside. Glad to buy a case in exchange for the hubs themselves. . That's about it, nothing too ambitious. When will yall be out wakeboarding, I wouldn't mind taking my first swing at that, or rather my first face flop. Jermey let me know if you fell like a gear install, either way Jason I need to get some V6 5.29s from you. Check your PM.

Last edited by Stump1883; 05-20-2004 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

haha, a slip of the fingers/brain... :pat:

LIFT... meant to say body LIFT...
Old 05-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

For first time wake boarders prepare for a day of water in your eyes, nose and mouth... sometimes with plenty of acceleration... Just watch that leading edge and you will be fine. Unless they have really agressive boards, we will have everyone up. Does the xstar have a tower? That is a good help when learning because it not only pulls you ahead it pulls you up out of the water.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

i'm willing to give the gears a try if you want, i'll give kevin a call and see what he will be doing incase we have some problems.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah do that just in case, will we need a master install kit or anyhting extra. Is Sunday an okay day to do the install, I have a store meeting from 6-8 am, so it will be later in the afternoon(noon or so) before I can get there.

Quick Reply: NC Meets this summer