Modifications:

Exterior- wal-mart driving lights

Electronics-

Mechanical-

Wheels/Tires: 31x10.50R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T from my old truck
Old 03-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no modifications ? ! ? This is unacceptable. Post some pics, im sure you have the stock 2nd gen rear end sag. We can fix that . im actually taking my 1.5inch rear lift coils if you are interested in a set. I'd rather give them to a local guy than have to bother with shipping anyway. We need to get you started with something small and simple
Old 03-31-2004, 02:22 PM

give me a break eh? i just bought it. besides look those tires up. those are some bad@ss tires. I used to have a 88 ford ranger V6 4x4 with a rear locker and those tires. So

Last edited by 93OldMan; 03-31-2004 at 02:29 PM. Reason: forgot ot put something
Old 03-31-2004, 02:45 PM

ha ha ha ha

What do you planning on doing to your truck?
I think you should lower it and put neons on
Old 03-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

im just giving you a hard time , what you do to your truck is obviously your choice, i just wanted to offer since im swapping out taller springs anyway.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah,
I know hard to read over the net but the sarcasam runs thick over here... we keep it clean but all don't take eachother too serious. Plus, you will understand what hes talking about if you hang out on this board enough. Mods get addicting. I would have never thought my truck would get to the point that it is.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Yeah,
I know hard to read over the net but the sarcasam runs thick over here... we keep it clean but all don't take eachother too serious. Plus, you will understand what hes talking about if you hang out on this board enough. Mods get addicting. I would have never thought my truck would get to the point that it is.

Isn't that the dang truth, who would have thought that I would be selling my 96' Runner trying to build up an 85' so I can get more extream and worry less. 93OldMan, take Jermey up on his offer if you have the 2nd gen sag issue, those will level you out, even if you don't want to mod if heavily like a certain somebody who got into mods ALOT and went from stock ass sagg'n 2nd gen to an SAS, Supra swaped, still ass sagg'n 2nd gen, LOL . <--- You know I'm kidding, somebody had to say it.

Welcome to 4ROC, take a peek at the Uwharrie thread and join us.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:00 AM

I do plan on doing some serious mods. But I just got it Saturday. I don't even have tags yet. My rear end doesn't sag too bad. Anywho I have some suspension things I need to fix (Idler Arm, Lower right ball joint, left lower control arm bushing, and CV boots on Both Sides, not to mention my rear main seal drips a little) before I can Get into Modifications too much. It's actually in the shop today getting my Geolandar's put on. Hey, I noticed most of you guys don't have lift "kits" it seems like for the most part you guys kinda do a custom job. Is that because of the money? Or do you think it's better? Just wondering..

BTW I will try to make it to Uwharrie its at the end of april right?

Thanks to all you guys
Old 04-01-2004, 08:20 AM

i mod when i have $$.........its kinda like a work-in-progress

thats why i need a front driveshaft, 10-12" rear suspension (shocks and springs), e-locker installed with 4.88's and thats just so i can go to uwharrie (and drive)
Old 04-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Got your site up. get me a pic or two or three and i'll put those up with it (and make you an avatar).

Cheers
Old 04-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 93OldMan
I do plan on doing some serious mods. But I just got it Saturday. I don't even have tags yet. My rear end doesn't sag too bad. Anywho I have some suspension things I need to fix (Idler Arm, Lower right ball joint, left lower control arm bushing, and CV boots on Both Sides, not to mention my rear main seal drips a little) before I can Get into Modifications too much. It's actually in the shop today getting my Geolandar's put on. Hey, I noticed most of you guys don't have lift "kits" it seems like for the most part you guys kinda do a custom job. Is that because of the money? Or do you think it's better? Just wondering..

BTW I will try to make it to Uwharrie its at the end of april right?

Thanks to all you guys
i dunno if there is any such thing as a lift thats not a "kit" unless you really got the springs/shocks/mounts/etc all from different places. You probably mean complete front and rear sets together from the same place like a 4in "trailmaster" IFS lift which "lifts" (crappy but yes its a lift) both ends equally at the same time all from one box of parts in the mail. My front end was a complete kit,
All-Pro . My rear end is gonna be more pieced together from several places. Anything you could want to do to your truck theres someone in this group thats either done it or has researched it extensively, the only limit is how much time and money versus performance you are looking to get.

I also agree with the sarcasm stuff, its tough to tell on internet forums. Everyone here is really nice and always looking out for your best interests so always take comments in that perspective. Bottom line is we like to get together and have some good times.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

We all kid, but everyone looks out for one another and we're all willing to help with anything. This is nothing like Pirate4x4 so you don't have to be on defence all the time. Most of us are leaning towards the more extream side of wheeling now and so it takes a blend of parts and manufactuers(sp) . There's not that many "kits" for 4Runners anyways, it takestime and research to get the right outcomes, modding my 4Runners has made me learn more about trucks then I ever thought I would. If you ever need any input jsut ask, there's a good bit of experiance between all of us.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:19 PM

Yeah... these guys were a BIG help when I couldn't decide what color neon to run on my Cruiser... Then they helped even more when they showed me how to install Ventshades on my 4Runner. I'm thinking of going more hardcore and putting a lift on my rig soon. I can't wait!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
Yeah... these guys were a BIG help when I couldn't decide what color neon to run on my Cruiser... Then they helped even more when they showed me how to install Ventshades on my 4Runner. I'm thinking of going more hardcore and putting a lift on my rig soon. I can't wait!

jason, you are not allowed to post anymore till you pick up my bumper, biatch
Old 04-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
jason, you are not allowed to post anymore till you pick up my bumper, biatch
Tell him Jermey, you gota get Uwharrie ready, and if not ready by then, at least for the Jambo.

Jason hurry up and get Jermey's rig at least running, that way you can help me with my ARB. You don't have time to do things like work and post on here, your got priorities like taking care of all our parts and cheep labor.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:19 PM

I'm on strike. Jeremy won't spoon w/ me anymore...

He needs to recognize...
Old 04-02-2004, 01:53 AM

He needs to recognize...

Hell Ill spoon ya if we can get my detroit in on time, Then I can get the new fuel tank done. lmao
Old 04-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

He needs to recognize...
morgan threatened me with death, i got scared :cry:
Old 04-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Come on you can't be scared of Morgan, after all you siad you wern't scared when you drank her Dr. Pepper. What happend, you loose your man hood .
Old 04-06-2004, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sportJr
Hell Ill spoon ya if we can get my detroit in on time, Then I can get the new fuel tank done. lmao
Just a joke man, don't black list me!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Info:?