California NorCal California NorCal Chapter

Sacramento/Rocklin Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sacramento/Rocklin Area

I just got myself a new 4Runner. Runs good but needs some basic maintenance. I am in citrus heights and rocklin area, and was wondering where to people take their trucks for mechanical work. I can do some basic things and plan on learning some more skills with this truck. But some things are still out of my reach.

Currently I need to give it a good tune up (has 171k miles) and replace the starter and distributor (mechanic said I had some small oil blowback when I start the car back up the air intake and is getting onto the air filter and that replacing the distributor, or a tune up could fix that. Tune up first and see how it runs then go from there.

Anyways I was also wondering if there is any club or locals in the area. Something fun to do on the weekends.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 PM

I'm looking for a good shop too! Just picked mine up today 90 22RE 4Runner
Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome guys. Many people who find this site end up trying to do their own repairs after finding all the useful help here. Search for the stuff you need to do and you'll likely find the fix. With some basic tools and the online help you can likely fix it yourself fairly easily.

I can't exactly say who is a good shop in the area since I'd do it myself but if there is a specific repair perhaps someone will chime in.

There used to be a group of locals here on YT that would get together on occasion but it's been a while. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Perhaps time to start up another one or keep it alive somehow. Setting up a run is usually the easiest way. There are also wheeling clubs in the area not specific to Toyotas if you are interested in that.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you guys are still looking for a shop, I'd highly recommend Quality Tune Up on Douglas Blvd. There's a tech there, Ying, who used to be a Toyota tech back when these trucks were everywhere and he's fixed every issue I've had so far. He owns a 22RE pickup and knows that engine inside and out. They do a good job and are willing to fix any mistakes that come up.

I do most of my own repairs but I've had issues such as low compression, leaking axle seals, and currently a bad water pump that I just don't have the tools or time to tackle.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamefreakgc
There's a tech there, Ying, who used to be a Toyota tech back when these trucks were everywhere and he's fixed every issue I've had so far.
um....as far as i can see, these trucks are STILL everywhere because they're built so damn well!

good to know on finding a good tech in the area, especially for non-rebuild stuff like getting it to run properly or fix an issue.

I know there are 2 really good 22re guys down in Rancho Cordova that were recommended to me -- one of them is Tim at CT Engineering Machine Shop -- this guy knows 22re's inside and out and does everything in-house - quoted me for a COMPLETE rebuild at like $3k with warranty, a 1-2wk turnaround, and his rebuild part list is far more extensive than all the other shops i spoke with about possibly having my 22re rebuilt.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 PM

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f46/shops-276346/
I left a reply in this post about my mechanic..