Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

WabFab Off-Road

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WabFab Off-Road

Recently started the SAS on my 93 pickup, and wouldn't have gotten out of the planning stages had it not been for WabFab. I began texting and exchanging phone calls with Brian at WabFab on the day I decided to go pull an old SFA out of a field in Ohio. That was long before I ever sent a dime his way, and he was amazingly helpful the whole time. After hours, on weekends, Sundays, whenever I had a question or a, "How the hell do I get these freaking cone washers out!?!?!", he was always but a text message away with an absolute wealth of knowledge and professionalism.

Since then I've purchase a new ring and pinion and a full SAS kit from WabFab. Again, he answered questions for me on gearing, optimal lift and accessories, and instructions on the kit whenever I needed. Free shipping on a kit that big certainly doesn't hurt things either!

I will most certainly be going back to the Wabbit for the rest of the parts needed for the rear suspension, and he'll be my go to guy when I decide I need more. I'll be proud to sport my WabFab sticker on the bumper right next to the Yotatech sticker.

Here's a link to my build thread: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f152...e-prep-223219/ The IFS removal begins soon!:wabbit2:
Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Brian makes the best tasting ASIAN clutches in the land.

nah....seriously....fast transaction, YOTATECH discount......dealing with someone here versus some anonymous from who knows where?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:33 AM

werd up. it's all true.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:46 PM

I have texted him before and have gotten quick responses everytime! :wabbit2:
Old 04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
This feed back thread will NOT be deleted so no worries. And we are sorry to the previous people who have posted thier honest feedback but was deleted. Happy posting.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
YUP! He has helped me time and again!!
Super nice guy, super knowledgeable!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Brian is thee man. Started processing my SAS order during his x-mas vacation last year. All my transactions were always fast and accurate. Very easy to deal with. 75% of the parts on my Toys were ordered through him.

Even though you think my girl pays for everything, I leave you nice feedback sir Wabbit..

:wabbit2: FTMFW!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by 4banginRunner
Even though you think my girl pays for everything, I leave you nice feedback sir Wabbit..

:wabbit2: FTMFW!
Can she pay for mine?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Brian, helped me with my full floater rear axle on my 85', even answered my dumb questions I had. Wabbit, you da man!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 AM

All I can say is that Brian and the Wab-Fab Crew are absolutely AWESOME! Me, my wife and friends have visited Brian in Tuscaloosa twice now. Their crafsmanship is top notch. Brian and the crew have done the SAS, 3.4 swap and roll cage and to many other things to list. I have also bought all of my parts from Brian as well. Here are a few pictures to look at through flickr and you can look on wabfab.org and click on customer projects and click on Wab-Yota.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 AM

Sorry, I forgot to post the link to flickr for some pics. http://www.flickr.com/photos/50006457@N04/5936838935/
Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 PM

I'm fairly new on this board and new to Toyota's as well. While scrolling thru the site saw the posts from Waskillywabbit with his WabFab store. I checked his website and his posts and thought, small guy shop with good selection of specialized parts, plus moderator on Yotatech, this is who I want to do business with. Put my order in on the 24th of October, nothing huge or out of the ordinary, front bearings, 54mm socket, etc..., got the order confirm but nothing else. Waited til the 1st of November to send an inquiry, that evening I get a confirmation that my order shipped. Huh? 7 days to ship an order?

2 days later I'm able to track the package with UPS, and find out its not coming from the south like I thought, but is being shipped 8 day ground from the west coast. What the heck is that? I told him 8 days was too long for shipping on top of the 7 days he held the order. His response, "sorry, but not everything is always sitting on the shelf" I let him know that if he had told me that items where backordered, then I could have ordered what was in stock and gone elsewhere for the rest. Had not anticipated on waiting for weeks for my order. My truck is sitting and I need to get it fixed.

So my order finally arrives on the 8th of November, little do I know that everything says Trail-gear.com all over it. Guess he's an at home dealer for this west coast outfit, guess he doesn't have any stock, whatever. Quickly realize that the springs and ball bearings for my Aisin hubs were missing. Send him an email asking him to look into it, two word response, "USPS separate". Its separate because he forgot to mail that as well, never even admits that he screwed up AGAIN.
Here it is the 11th of November, and I still don't have my springs and balls for the hubs. So I sent him this today:
"I would really appreciate it if you didn't play me for a fool. Seems like you forgot to put in my initial order for a week, only realizing the error when I emailed you. Then you also forgot to order and/or mail the ball/spring for the hubs, and sent out only after I called you on it.Still have not received
it by the way. Members on Yotatech seem to think highly of you, I'm not seeing it. Maybe I'm the one out of one hundred that got screwed up, buts its pretty crappy being the one." Guess he's ignoring me, because I have yet to hear a response. Would have been nice if he manned up and took responsibility for messing up my order multiple times. I probably be a repeat customer if he said, hey I messed up. Guess I'm one and done, too bad.

Here is a quote from his staff profile: "My goal with WabFab is not to be the biggest, but simply the best at providing personal attention and service for my customers and anyone considering doing business with WabFab.

I call Male Bovine Excretion on that.

Ahhhhh...the epitaph

Order In: Oct.24
Order Confirmed as shipped in full: Nov.1
Order Arrives Missing locally sourced parts: Nov.8

Ahh, locally sourced parts were not part of the confirmed shipment on Nov.1, but were shipped from Wabby Fabby on Nov. 7th. Oops, did Brian forgot to mention that?. And yes, they arrived today on the 14th of Nov.

OK, so I place on order on Oct 24th and its ships on Nov 7th, hmmm, guess
my millionaire penny rejecting brain can still calculate the 10 business days it took to ship the last piece. Though how can that be? wasn't it confirmed shipped on Nov.1st?, how can that be? I mean, it wasn't noted as being a product so noted, and he did confirm on the 1st, so how could it possibly ship on the 7th. I mean doesn't the illustrious Wabo Fabo ship w/in three to
five business day as in the terms of service? oops, I guess that wasn't respectful, got a sticker though, gonna put it on ebay.

"All orders are processed for shipping within three to five business days except those products so noted"

"Placed Monday, Oct 24
Confirmed Wed, Oct 26
October 31, major holiday CLOSED as noted on website
Shipped Tuesday, Nov 1 and tracking email sent (2 days before you sent the Nov 3 emails quoted above) regardless it's still only
5 business days later after initial order or 3 business days after confirmation

The remaining spring/ball for the Aisin hub is en route and takes maybe 5 minutes a side and is not crucial for replacing any of the other parts you ordered and can be done after the fact."

That's All Folks

Last edited by DeathCougar; 11-17-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Posts merged unedited
Old 11-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

I have not had any problems when ordering from him.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:34 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Hey Brian.

Don't personally know you, but I have ordered from you and know people like you.

When I was looking for a clutch for my son's truck, I found it almost everywhere. cheaper too. Even though money is always the issue for me, the bigger issue for me is the idea that small business is on it's heels for the most part. So, when I knew I could give you some business and maybe pay a little extra to get the part I needed, I did it. Same reason why I buy my furniture from the furniture store where I used to live, even though I have since moved a good distance away. The feeling that my little contribution, may , in some way, keep you afloat. The idea that if I purchased from you, and have a problem, I could contact you and not some anonymous person who only "works" there and doesn't give a rat's bee-hind about anything else.

The whole bravado thing about "manning up". Bah. Maybe if you read the "feedback" on Wab-Fab, it would become clear that A)it is a small business run as a hobby/ 2nd income / dealer for Trail Gear parts and B) that shipping is variable because of shippers, holidays etc etc etc, and C)Brian is human, capable of being distracted just like we are by every day life.

So what's the point of all this feedback anyways? bashing?

I am in a "customer service" kinda business as well. Most of the time we do a very good job and meet the mark as expected. The rest of the time we exceed it (rarely hear compliments, that's OK, to me, it means that we met you expectations), but in the rare instance that we don't, believe me, it doesn't sit well and I take it personally as do the rest of my staff. Multiple contributing factors are at play constantly. there are some people I know I can never completely please, and that's OK...no apologies. If they want to take their business elsewhere, good luck with that, the competition is sooooo big that your feedback won't amount to a hill of beans, whereas, to us, it does.

So, what I get out of all this, is Wab-Fab didn't meet or exceed your predetermined expectations. That's most unfortunate, but that will happen. Sometimes it's due to a calamity of errors or extenuating circumstances that this happens. In your case, don't know and really don't care. If Brian gets defensive because of your negative feedback on an open forum, so be it. I would too. I'm sure that he has internalized what you have said. He posted his policy for all of us to see and has allowed this forum to post your feedback. I am sure he appreciates your business and feedback as well. But enough is enough.

Thanks Brian. If I ever need anything in the future, you have my order, that's for sure. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I love how impatient and edgy society has become these days. If dealing with an inconvenience its really all about how you handle it. Good people skills can really take you places. The OP just handled it wrong.

I went through the same situation. I ordered the same Bearing/spring kit for the Aisin hubs through Brian and it took a month to get to me. But its all about how you handle it! Freaking out and going on a forum to share your mishap is no different than pathetic high school drama. Quit being a wimp and figure the problem out rather than flame a busy man. my 4Runner is my only vehicle, So I just tossed my ADD hubs back on and called it good! Brian was prompt and easy-going with my emails and in the end, gave me a refund for my "inconvenience" ( which was not necessary ). He's a good guy, and definitely means well! There's never any reason to flame anybody unless they're blatantly trying to screw you.

Just figured my .02 was related to the topic of discussion. :wabbit2:
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM

Edit: WabFab just emailed me asking whether I still want the parts or not. Sounds like they will ship shortly. All is good. All I wanted to know was when I could expect the stuff in order to plan around my truck being available.

Thanks.

Last edited by Fraser; 02-29-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:54 PM

Just got my bikini top from the wabbit. Workmanship is excellent; I can't wait to get this thing on! Thanks for all the stickers too!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Look at it this way, I've read the comments both negative and positive. He pulls slot of business. There's bound to be some mistakes. Imagine how many text and calls he gets in a month. Hope you run unlimited haha. His comments seem to always be helpful and I look forward to doing business with him. P.s send me some stickers for my tool box at work
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by brorealz
Look at it this way, I've read the comments both negative and positive. He pulls slot of business. There's bound to be some mistakes. Imagine how many text and calls he gets in a month. Hope you run unlimited haha. His comments seem to always be helpful and I look forward to doing business with him. P.s send me some stickers for my tool box at work
Good to know the search button still works.

Fink
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 PM

I may have been influenced by beverages at the time

Quick Reply: WabFab Off-Road