Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Trail-Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trail-Gear

Just wanted to mention that Trail-Gear customer service is awesome. I broke a part while wheeling and posted up just to show everyone. I was using the truck hard but they still offered to replace it for me!
I am very pleased with this outstanding customer service as I had not even called or emailed them and they offered to replace the part. Thanks Trail-Gear!
I have bought stuff from them before and will continue to do business with any company that is this commited to making their customers happy!

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-31-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trailgear.com

i'm thinking of ordering some sliders and wheel spacers from trailgear.com

before i do it though, i thought i'd see i anyone had some feedback about service/product quality.

let's hear it, thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:16 PM

My hysteer kit was very complete and easy (relative term) to install. I got my wheel spacers from Marlin Crawler, but I think they are the same part.

I will be ordering from them again.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Trailgear usually has some of the best prices around, and their stuff is of good quality. Many members of TTORA do not support Trail Gear anymore because of the video they posted with them starting a fire on the trail and driving through it. Plus, Trail Gear doesn't necessarily adhere to the "tread lightly" policy when wheeling. However, I personally did not find anything wrong with the video they posted on their site, and since this can be an expensive hobby, I tend to go with the company that has a quality product for the best price. Chris Geiger is the main man at Trail Gear. Also, their product engineers are quick to respond to questions via email as well. I personally haven't had any issues with Trail Gear, and would recommend them as a source for your off-road needs.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 PM

they do certainly have good products...any other testimonies???

thanks tderose and hayes.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

I have made a few orders with them, and always had good customer service and fast shipping. They did overcharge me 1 time, but fixed it quick and sent me a t-shirt with my refund.

If I do order from a dealer in the future it will be from the Wabbit (Wabfab)
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JamesD
Then he would have to pay more since you would have to mark it up to make a profit, correct?

James
NO, the manufacturer gives the dealer a discount, its called "wholesale". That way the dealer can make a buck and stay in biz. Usually, when you buy direct, you'll pay "list" price, protects the dealers.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I have placed 3 orders with Trail Gear...Nothing big yet, but the customer service, speed of shipping and quality of the products has been great.
Free shipping on stuff over $250 is a good deal...
Seems to be a lot of similarity to products offered by T-G, All-Pro and Marlin...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
You need WabFab.org

Order Trail Gear Products from me and get it shipped from them and pay no CA taxes.

alright wabbit, i'm definitely going to get the spacers from you, but why are your sliders $60 more if they are the same product? i'm much more inclined to order from you and support a good fellow, but i'm also looking for the best deal. i don't mean to sound cheap, just wondering.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 AM

I ordered a clutch kit from them for my Uncle, they overnighted it for Saturday delivery, and less than 24 hours after ordering, it was at his door. All this, for less than what Marlins would have cost just for the clutch kit.

I was pretty impressed. I'll definitely go there again.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 AM

Never heard of them, perhaps I should give them a try
Old 06-06-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by tacoma728
Never heard of them, perhaps I should give them a try
ya they're pretty big dude, i'm glad i'm hearing good things about them. i'd still like to hear back from wabbit though....
Old 06-06-2007, 03:45 PM

Chances are that he made some modifications to their design or something.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Trailgear make their own sliders? I hear they use import springs I was wondering if they did the same with the sliders.

James
Old 06-06-2007, 04:25 PM
JnJ

We bought sliders from Trail gear through Downey. The price was right, they shipped fast and the product seems to be of good quality.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by yotasavg
alright wabbit, i'm definitely going to get the spacers from you, but why are your sliders $60 more if they are the same product? i'm much more inclined to order from you and support a good fellow, but i'm also looking for the best deal. i don't mean to sound cheap, just wondering.
I sell some Trail Gear sliders...and some others, just depends on what you want.

The TG ones I sell are TGs price...if they are more it is because they are DOM instead of HREW or longer or something...look again.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I sell some Trail Gear sliders...and some others, just depends on what you want.

The TG ones I sell are TGs price...if they are more it is because they are DOM instead of HREW or longer or something...look again.

oh....i feel dumb. lol. i was looking at the DOM ones!!

is there going to be a HUGE difference in quality between DOM and HREW?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 AM

No more Trail-Gear for me!!

Im a die hard toyota fan, if there is a toyota question im the one that gets called first and as much as i dont want to think so i dont know everything ha ha. So a little background first. Building a mut of a truck 94' V6 cab converted to 4cyl on a sas 92 2WD frame, MB turbo diesel and mut drive line. The adapter i am using MB to chevy trans so i have an advanced adapters bell housing chev 350 to R150 and i want the gear driven tcase......so here we go. I know I need aan adapter to go from the r150 to gear tcase. I remembered that trail gear had one in the tcase section and i couldent remember if anyone else had one but i thought that its just an adapter plate to what the hell i will throw them the bone. So i read the whole ad and at the bottom i read "One top shift case will be needed to perform this conversion, for duals, both cases need to be top shift." So I Have the case in mind that i want to use It came out of an 88' 4runner that i used to have and was happy that i could use one of her parts. I get the parts in and start asembling. First thing i notice is that the adapter (trans to tcase) was dropped on an edge and defnitly would prevent it from sitting flush. No biggie took a gasket cookie and ground it flat. Bolted to the tcase fine/ gasket stuff/ drop it on to the trans still wont sit flush i had to grind away part of the trans quite a bit took about 20 minutes(yes i had the right trans checked the vin at the dealership agints the trans code r150).then i get it to seal just for laughs i spin the rear flange on the tcase and have a friend look in the bellhousing to see if the input was spinning, NOPE!!!! ???!!!!???? so i have to see it for my self and sure enough it was not spinning. Called up TG explained my story TG- "oh you need a 23 spline input gear for the tcase" ME-"and you guys have one to send out?" TG- "Yup, should be there in about a week" so i give them my shipping address then they tell me its going to be about 150 shipped Im thinking this guy is kidding right?? NOPE so i tell him that i bought a toyota V6 r150 trans to toyota gear driven tcase adapter and thats not what i got so it should be on them, then i tell him how i used to defend his company which i have and that no one told me that i needed a 23 spline input gear. So he puts me on the phone with the guy who "Designed it" He didnt see that there was any wrond doing. He said he was reading the ad as he was on the phone with me and didnt think that there was anything wrond with the way it was worded. TG ad- "With our V6 adapter plate you can install the legendary Toyota gear driven transfer case(s) in your trail rig. These cases are known for their strength, reliability and configuration flexibility. With the correct adapter plate you can put one, two or even three transfer cases into your truck. Each case can have stock 2.28 gears or 4.70 low range gears installed." The best he was going to offer was free shipping, $12!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME GUY!!! So i do some research to see if anyone else has it and I found Inchworm Gear and before you can pay for the adapter they ask you if you have or want a 21 or 23 spline input gear. I guess im not the only one pissed about this very thing, the guy at inchworm said i defnitly was not the first to call up and ask for a 21 to 23 spline adapter. So im giving Trail-Gear the boot just like the slutty XGF and in with Inchworm Gear.

Edit: I forgot that the "designer" Offer to change the web site to make me "happy" The only thing he did was add the blue like at the bottom the ad still reads that you can use a stock 2.28 case.

Last edited by riddarunner; 07-02-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tderose
Trailgear usually has some of the best prices around, and their stuff is of good quality. Many members of TTORA do not support Trail Gear anymore because of the video they posted with them starting a fire on the trail and driving through it. Plus, Trail Gear doesn't necessarily adhere to the "tread lightly" policy when wheeling. However, I personally did not find anything wrong with the video they posted on their site, and since this can be an expensive hobby, I tend to go with the company that has a quality product for the best price. Chris Geiger is the main man at Trail Gear. Also, their product engineers are quick to respond to questions via email as well. I personally haven't had any issues with Trail Gear, and would recommend them as a source for your off-road needs.
Actually I think the main reason SOME members of TTORA boycott TG is because they took some of Marlin's designs and copied them. But here's the thing, Marlin didn't patent the stuff he should have.... Then again I know of no Toyota off road manufacturer that makes enough to file a patent.

Also I'm sure the fire video didn't help.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:42 PM

great service got all my parts thru them and have not had a complant yet the products are great and will continue to buy from them

Quick Reply: Trail-Gear