Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Sonoran Steel

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I needed Steve's IFS truss in an odd size. After we discussed the reasons why my size was different, he both made and shipped the item quickly.

Thanks!!:bigclap:
Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Been a while since I've dealed with Steve but I never did post, sorry!
I picked up a TJM and his TJM hoops from Sonoran. His customer service was awesome!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:05 AM

Steve is great to work with and a very nice guy. He had a lift#7 across the border and to my house in record time. Everything went very smoothly at customs and the parts look great!

Thanks Steve.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 PM

steve, you are awesome!!!! package came well wrapped, complete. i wasnt even expecting instructions!!! you are the most awesome guy ive ever delt with concerning auto parts.

he even explained over the phone that it wouldnt sit level, which was good incase i didnt already know that.

for reference, i orderd lift kit 1 from him. it was produced and came to my house quickly. i am very happy!!!

if you are thinking about buying from him, do it, you will not be dissapointed!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 05:31 AM

Thumbs up Sonoran Steel

I called to order the #7 lift at the begining of the week. He said that he was having some problems with the availability of some of the Tokiko product and that he would have to call me back. Called me back the same day said that he was unable to get the Tokiko blacks fronts but I could upgrade to the TRD line and it would still ship by when I needed it. Then we ran into another snag because he found out he couldn't get his hands on the rear tokikos either. Instead of just having me wait it out, he hunted down a set of OME rear shocks for me and sold it to me at cost just to get the lift out the door. If this wasn't enought to put a smile on my face steve then managed to not only get the OME shocks shipped direct to save time, but also got his kit shipped the same day. Now take a wild guess who showed up first.....yep you probably guessed right Steves kit (which is twice the size) showed up yesterday and the shocks from OME didn't until today.

A++++++++++
Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sonoran Steel - Excellent Service

I know mostly everybody knows this already, but might as well post it anyways. I have just installed my Sonoran Steel system 1.2 lift, and thought I'd post up that the customer service at Sonoran Steel is top notch.

I had emailed many questions to Steve Schaefer about the kit and the install before I made the purchase, and he answered everyone of them... usually by the end of the day. I talked to him on the phone a couple of times, and he always took the time to make sure I was fully satisfied.

The kit was well packaged and in perfect condition when it arrived. All components were exactly as advertised, and the install of the kit went perfectly.

The only complaint (if you can even call it a complaint) was that the instructions sent with the kit had not been updated to reflect the new components that make up the system 1.2 lift (as opposed to the system 1.1 kit, I guess). for me, it made no difference because I've taken apart my fair share of suspensions on Toyotas quite a bit. For a "new to suspension" installer, it might have been a bit confusing.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 AM

ditto- I had the same great experience when I was researching what I wanted to do to lift my 00 4runner and more importantly after I bought the 1.2 from Steve. Very knowledgeable on 3rd gen 4runners.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

The only problem with Sonoran Steel is that there is no shop or Steve on the East Coast...And Arizona is a bit of a drive for me from SC.

I just don't feel good taking my runner to Low Country 4x4 or County Tire / 4x4. Too bad we don't have an expert Yota fabber/shop around here.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributing Member

Received 463 Likes on 309 Posts
Smile Sonoran Steel

Bought a lift from Sonoran Steel and installed it myself with only a little previous suspension experience and the flu. I called Steve with questions and not only did he answer them very patiently but also supplied a bunch of helpful tips and reminders. He even took the initiative to call back with more useful information and tips!
I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Sonoran Steel again, very very pleased with both the product and the above and beyond service.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 PM

I've also had the pleasure of dealing with Steve Schaefer, who helped me get my lift issues straightened out - many thanks!
Old 08-03-2014, 02:16 PM

Customer service

These guys are great. Bought lift for my 96 and had a lot of questions. Answered everyone one of them!! thanks guys!