Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Nitrous Enterprises

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 07:52 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tracy, when exactly did you end your relationship with NE?

i got a pm once from you through billy's screenname.. was that actually you or him??

it came on 12/31.

just curious...
Old 01-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by lee
tracy, when exactly did you end your relationship with NE?

i got a pm once from you through billy's screenname.. was that actually you or him??

it came on 12/31.

just curious...

So Lee did you give up on your 3rd gen kit? What brand are you going to go with now?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:04 AM
lee
Contributing Member

well basically what happened was, i mentioned in a thread that i wouldve loved to have a company like NE do a custom kit for me, or something to that effect. Anthony contacted me a few times and we went back and forth and he was saying "all i need is pics and a couple measurements, no problem!" my camera was broken for 2 weeks, and i was dealing with job interviews and installing an amp & speakers, so i put it all off for a month. in that month, i guess he'd made kits for others (like you!). now im learning that was the best decision i ever made.

im not sure what brand im going with now. most likely daystar or revtek.. maybe ome? im pretty in the dark right now and sort of put off till i get more money to make sure its done right.

tracy: thanks, just wanted to know.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
lee
Contributing Member

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/show...us+enterprises

whoever it was that posted that (dont remember at this point) did a terrific job. thank you.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lee
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/show...us+enterprises

whoever it was that posted that (dont remember at this point) did a terrific job. thank you.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

Whos' running this site with the link to NE?
http://www.hboss.net/linkboard/index.php3

Corey?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:59 AM

I think this needs to be posted here! Thanks whoever took the time to write this:
Originally Posted by mustangsally
Hello,

There was a thread on TitanTalk talking about Nitrous Enterprises and their new lift kit for the Titan. They were looking for, and got, volunteers to test out their new products. I made a post alerting potential customers to a thread on another forum that was severely critical of NE. After some back and forth, the Titan thread was deleted. If it was deleted by the moderators, that's fine. Since this is your forum, you may do as you wish. But I think that deleting the thread is a real disservice to the members here. For someone looking for research on Titan spacers, they just might do a search on NE and come upon this information. So, on the chance (I think a good chance) that the thread was deleted by NE, I'll repost some of the discussion.

There is a lively discussion about the quality of NE products and the ethics of the company going on here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f39/nitrous-enterprises-49576/

The issues revolve around the following:

1. Quality problems: Lopsided spacers, uneven spacers, very poor molds, material questions, possible cracking, shipping "grade 2" bolts when they advertised grade 5 (for the top plate of the front spacers - DEFINATELY don't wan't "grade 2" in there), relocating rear shocks to a non-reinforced location within the truck, etc.

2. Delivery time problems: Order your kit, pay for your kit, who knows when you'll get it. This was for supposidly finished kits, all testing done, selling the final product, supposidly in stock.

3. Lying to customers about delivery time problems: Continual lying to customers about delivery. Say they've shipped them when they haven't. Goes on for months if you let it. They do appear to have refunded the money of those who have asked and have not received their kits.

4. Secretly putting down the competition problems: Want to compare your product to the competition? No problem. That's not the NE way though. They have created multiple accounts (or had friends do it) on multiple forums to attempt to tear down the competition.

5. Multiple screen names to make yourself look better: Like the multiple accounts to discredit the competition, even more accounts to make NE look better than it really is.

6. Creating fake pictures of a non-existing lift: Their photoshop skills are pathetic. This one was kind of sad.

7. Even more.....

One of the latest pieces on NE's own forum (they keep getting banned from other forums) states:

Two problems here. First is that they should never shipped out the "grade 2" or "butter bolts" in the first place (they advertised grade 5 and their kit's parts list says grade 5). This debate will eventually be settled, but this is the suspension we're talking about. If that fails at a critical time, say goodbye to your family and friends. Hopefully you won't kill anyone else on the road either. Second problem is that they weren't even grade 2. They were "307A" carriage bolts meant for building fences. The following information on grade 2 and 307a is from http://www.nucor-fastener.com/pdf/005.pdf

So NE can't even get that correct.

Finally, this is all being brought before the authorities (the CPSC - Consumer Product Safety Commission and the NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).

Again, for the safety of the members of this forum and others on the road, I urge the moderators to not delete this thread.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by yabedude

Corey?
Corey either edit it or can get in touch with Hboss to edit that page. Good catch.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by yabedude

Corey?
Al (Hboss) and I can edit that.
AK must have added the link to it at sometime.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Al as in Edmonton Al? I cloned my CB antenna after his.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:15 PM

I deleted what I posted, no need to post it here, anyways I have no respect for NE after reading about his fake brain injuries
Old 01-28-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regarding forum moderation and post deletion...

Many moons ago (June, 1995) there was a case that involved the Prodigy network. Something had been said in a forum, the moderators didn't like it, and they edited/deleted the posts.

That ticked off a couple of people, and they took it up through to the appellate courts.

The courts ruled that Prodigy was liable for users' postings, because Prodigy's censorship policy amounted to editorial control and therefore editorial responsibility.

This is REALLY interesting in cases like this where it looks like people are deleting threads that they don't want on their systems. What it could mean is that the owners of the forums could be sued for _ANYTHING_ said on the forums because they're modifying the archives. Once they've been shown to have edited the archival history, then they're excercising editorial control, and everything else is now suspect. That makes them liable for things like libel, swearing, threats, etc.

Now, the tricky thing here is that with most of these forum systems (like vBulletin and phpBB) the forums, threads and messages don't have to be deleted, they can just be hidden from view. That's kindofa' loophole in the court's decision since the original thread can be restored at anytime.

But... if the messages (and such) are truly being removed from record, then... someone can take advantage of the ruling in the Prodigy case.

It makes for long winded reading, but if you're curious, then the case is archived at the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation). The case is "Stratton Oakmont Inc. & Porush v. Prodigy", and the EFF's archives start here:

http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/Strat...ush_v_Prodigy/
Old 01-28-2005, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by r0cky
i'm confused. who is doing what with the courts?
In the case with AK/NE, no one and nothing.

What I mentioned above is a 1995 case involving Prodigy.

The ruling that was made in that case could be used against the moderators/owners of the forums that are deleting negative posts about AK and NE. In short, they could be forced to undelete the messages, put them back in view, or to at least stop deleting further posts.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:45 PM

Prodigy, I haven't heard that name in a loooong time
Old 01-28-2005, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by firemedic
Prodigy, I haven't heard that name in a loooong time
Yeah.. it's been a while hasn't it? (being careful not to sidetrack the thread running down memory lane!)
Old 01-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Haven't even registered or posted on the NE forum just browsing, but was somehow banned ????????

Really funny
Old 01-29-2005, 11:33 AM

WTF and OMG !! I was laid out sick for a week and it looks like I missed the Shi shi hitting the fan. All of this is so unbelievable! The spacer photos, the brain injury BS, etc., etc. Actually, not too surprised by all this as I noticed the NE bolt-on sliders posts disappeared awhile back, after they slyly dragged Stubbs into the mix with their "silent" comparisons to the HQ sliders, prompting my "Benchmark by which others are compared" post. If I were Stubbs, I'd do some quick CYA legal actions to separate himself from those NE sliders before those bolt-ons start failing!
Old 01-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by r0cky
and changed the spacer pictures into smiley faces.

wtf? how dishonest and sneaky can you be?
Well, I guess everyone on that forum over there is him anyways.
I hope he likes talking to himself
Old 01-30-2005, 04:24 AM
lee
Contributing Member

this is getting even sadder....
Old 01-30-2005, 06:31 AM

Thanks to who ever brought the word to Titan Talk !

btw, I have an old Warn Winch I will be fitting together soon for my Toy.
I think it is like 50 years old, but it works great.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Enterprises