Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Marlin Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got a box overnited to me from them
OUT OF 8 PARTS ORDERED THEY SENT 1.........JUST 1 .......WTF
I have never seen this low of a level of customer service in my life....how do they stay in buisness????????????
I guess its my fault for not ordering my parts from manafre they would have been cheaper and all ready here..........I guess live and learn
Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
WabFab is much better IMHO. And the owner is super cool and knows his stuff!

Last edited by dropzone; 05-03-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 PM

Yes!!!!!! props to the Wabbit. Good guy!!! Ive ordered a few things from Marlin, no problems though, lucky I guess.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Marlin's service has gone down hill, I ordered a rear bumper a year and a half ago with zero problems... ordered a rear axle bearing kit this past summer and after a few calls and emails with NO response, no order conformation, no tracking # nothing...it came 2 weeks after i ordered it....still go the parts, just would have liked to know if they were even coming?

O yea, Wabbit is the shiz, great service and a great guy

Last edited by 4banginRunner; 01-06-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by NC C3
Hmmm...maybe thats where my hub dial parts are too....I ordered on the 22nd of December and haven't seen 'em yet. WTF??
UPDATE** Well, I received my order today. The package was postmarked 4Jan2010...mind you, this is AFTER I called Marlin the other day and they TOLD me that it had shipped out on the 23rd of December. Hey I understand it's the holidays and all, but dang, DON'T LIE to me.

Anyway, I score this as a big fat FAIL for Marlin and I'll be shopping elsewhere in the future.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Marlin Crawler

So after several days of dis assembly cleaning, installing a new rear main seal, today I finally got around to installing the clutch kit I received from Marlin, only to find out that the clutch cover that i received in the kit does not match up with my fly wheel. It is slightly larger in diameter and the hole pattern is off as well. My guess is they only sent me the wrong cover (probably a 96+ V6 cover) since everything else matches up perfectly. I double checked the paper work and it does say they sent me the "MCCL-114 clutch kit 1988-95 6cyl". Is there a possibility that there is something else other than they sent me the wrong cover? I was really looking forward to having everything back together this weekend. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I had the same exact issue during my motor rebuild

call them up and give them the year, and tell them weather it's a turbo or non turbo; that's the only way I was able to get the right one

Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
pretty sad if they cant get it right
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM

Thanks for the quick reply iamsuperbleeder. Did you order yours from online, or did you call them when you initially ordered your kit? I ordered mine online and maybe that is where i went wrong. You would think that if there were such differences between the years that they would have you leave a note with your exact setup to ensure you get the right one the first time.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

yeah I originally placed the order online, and that's how it got screwed up; don't really know if it was their fault or mine, but in the end we got it sorted out over the phone
Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My v6 clutch kit was a perfect fit... I did get mine a few years ago tho
Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM

Ok, time for an update. So last Monday i called marlin on my lunch break at work, talked to a guy (forgot his name) and he said I just need to call back with the number on the box. I figured ok, ill just call back tomorrow. So i call Tuesday, explain my dilemma to Dave (i believe) give him the number off the box (CTX-076), he puts me on hold while he goes to track down what they sent me. Comes back on the phone saying that they sent the cover for a turbo 4 cyl by mistake and that they will send one out that day (Tuesday) and that i should receive it either Wednesday or Thursday (made sense to me since I live only three hours away or so). Wednesday goes by, no cover, Thursday goes by, no cover, Friday goes by, still no cover. So i call them today on my lunch break to ask for either a tracking number or at least some sort of conformation that the did send it out. I talked with Nick explained to him my story, he says Dave (the one i talked to last Tuesday) was out on lunch at the moment but he will talk to him and either find out what happened to the one that was supposed to be sent out or at the very least get one in the mail today for me and email me the tracking number. So 3:45 comes around (they close at 4:00) and i still have not received an email from then about the tracking number. So I give them a call, talked to Brandon, then Chris briefly then back to Brandon. Brandon tells me that the clutch cover that Nick said would go out today wont go out till tomorrow, and that Nick was swamped and therefore hadn't had a chance to email the tracking code for the clutch cover that was supposed to go out today. I then ask Brandon if Nick mentioned if he found out anything about the clutch cover that was supposed to have been shipped last Tuesday, Brandon says that this phone call was the first he had heard of all this and that it sounded to him like the cover never got shipped last Tuesday. So he takes my number in case something else comes up and I thank him for his time.
Then as i walk up to my front door, i find a box from Marlin. I think "sweet they did send one out last week". So i take it inside open it up, and it is the same one the sent me in the first place part number CTX-076. The same part number that Dave had told me was the wrong one last Tuesday. As of right now i have two of the wrong clutch covers, have made four separate calls to Marlin Crawler, it's been ten days since i found out i have the wrong cover and six days since the "correct one" was supposedly shipped.
I think that it is fairly obvious that they have a problem in their shipping department.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

OH MY GAWD...

you're living the same nightmare I did!!!

no lie, I got the same wrong cover twice from them too...

if I still had the old box, I'd give you the # of the one you need
Old 04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

OH

look what I found

Try giving them that number

best of luck!

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-19-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 PM

Finding it hard to have much faith in Marlin Crawler either.
Ordered a clutch for the 3.0 V6 in an 88 4Runner.

The first clutch received was too small. They (Marlin worker) looked at the part numbers and had sent me one for the 4 cylinder. A week and a half later, new clutch arrives. The "outer" box was in great shape, the disc box was in good shape.
The clutch box was torn, beat and taped back together.

The part number on the clutch box is CTX-070.
The part number stamped on the clutch is CTX-076.
Maybe I got one that one of you had to return, lol.

This one is the same diameter but none of the holes (bolt or dowels) line up. I did a search on CTX-076 and it appears to be for an 84-86 Hilux with the 2.0.

Not sure why I would want to try giving them business again.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:08 PM

Did it look like the top half was ripped off and taped back on with clear packing tape, if so then probably is one of the two i returned. I remember that the first two they sent me were both CTX-076. The first one the box looked worse than that one. The second one had a perfect box and still factory sealed. The third clutch they sent me (which was the correct clutch) the box was all torn up too but not as bad. I had to sent the second clutch back with the first clutch, but i had to put the first clutch in the box that the third (correct) clutch came in because there wasn't enough of it's original box to ship it back out. I did put a big note on top of it stating that the box didn't match the clutch on the inside but the way they do things who knows. At least with both superbleeder and myself, they got it right the third time.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by tallbastard
Did it look like the top half was ripped off and taped back on with clear packing tape, if so then probably is one of the two i returned.
LOL Yep, I think I got the one you sent back.

Latest -
So Sunday I emailed the person I had been working with at Marlin Crawler then called him on Monday.
He said that he was looking at my email but working with another client and asked if he could call me back in 15 minutes.
Tuesday I emailed him that I never heard back.
Response was:
Hello John,
spoke to my manager regarding your order, I should have a answer for you around 1-2pm today. Want to make sure you get the right one.
1988 3.0 V6 4Runner

Emailed back yesterday to let me know the tracking number.

Emailed today, "Is there a tracking number yet?"

I know that "things" happen, but REALLY???? The more I hear about their service the more surprised I am that they are still in business.

OK, done ranting again (until the next time ).
Old 07-11-2010, 06:19 AM

3rd clutch they finally got it right.

Person I was dealing with at Marlin "ducked" me for a week not returning phone calls or emails. When I finally called at a time that he was available he wanted to argue that they had already sent me 2 clutches and now would be looking at a third one. The first one HE looked at the part number they sent and HE said it was the wrong one. The second one had a different clutch in a torn up box. It had been previously returned.

Each wrong clutch was a mistake at THEIR end. Their records showed that we had ordered the correct one.

I doubt I'll ever order through them again.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
So I decided to give Marlin Crawler another try. I had a couPle orders get hosed last year to the point I was going to write them off. They were batting 50/50 after a couple of quick orders previously (rear bumper/shifter seat)

It was a nice surprise, they seem to be on the ball. Friday morning I ordered a multi patterned transfer Case flange (my black hole of a garage sucked my two stashed ones like a sock in a dryer) they had it to me via Fed Ex this morning. That is pretty good service in my book.
Only thing to improve on that order is it would have been nice to have the Fed Ex tracking hyper link work
Old 05-03-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I happend to have a good experience with marlin when I placed my first couple of orders about 2 years ago, bumpers, clutch kit and few misc parts. Placed a minor order last year and had good results as well. Well, about 2 weeks ago, I placed an order for some axle stuff on line. Went through the motions and never got an order update. Waited a week, and called, was told that the backing plate eliminator kit was out of stock (why this was not noted on their site is beyond me) and that the kits were made but at the plating company. Anyways, gave them another week as I was told they would be in next monday (5-02-11) called again and after being on hold for about 30 minutes someone picked up to tell me that their "waiting on a call to go pick them up" and to give them another week. I like marlin's product but the customer service seems to be slipping again...A simple out of stock tag or not allowing the product to be ordered would be good enough for me, but I dont like when a company allows you to order something they don't have...hope they can get back to business

just my .02

Quick Reply: Marlin Crawler