Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Davez Offroad Performance

Old 04-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THAT is unnecessary IMO.

Your saying that he is not the brightest for keeping documentation/records............ I find that the best thing we can do is to keep records of everything for our own knowledge and to save our own butts in situations where we have to show when something happened.

What difference does it make if he wheels or not. Your saying you wouldnt get mad if you had to wait that long for a bumper that you ordered and paid for?

No im not taking sides or anything. Im just sayign with everyone im sure at least once we have all made a mistake however minor/major it was. We are all human.

The OP isn't pleased with the serivce he got, so he did what he thought was the right way to go about it. The owner of the business apologized and i have heard good things about his company and his dealings.

Last edited by 904_runner; 04-09-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jrod
This is the funniest thread. What a Douche Bag, he actually kept records, and wants to some day take legal action! Simply stunning.....DUDE DO YOU EVEN WHEEL? or do you just hang out on Yota tech all day? Call your mom to make yourself feel better cause we all care boat loads!

NaeSlaS
You're not making your business look any better...or were you the welder that was fired?

I noticed you worked for the shop at one time...

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f180.../#post50922340

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-10-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language in quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 89silverpu
You're not making your business look any better...or were you the welder that was fired?

oops busted
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehehe, that made my day
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Unless you have had direct contact with purchasing products from this vendor, read and move on.

Thanks for cooperating.

PS: Personally, I have dealt with Dave dozens of times and he is a stand up guy IMO. He has admitted his mistake, forgive and move on.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stgen4gunner
Hey wabbit, I went on your site to look for bumpers for my truck, and I must say that your stuff is cheaper than Marlin Crawler but I just have a question, is it as well made because I am trying to decide between your front bumper and Marlin Crawler's, does anyone else buy from Wab Fab? How do you guys think about the product and service.
I think this is a question best left for PM's.

And everyone bashing him for posting info from his dealings need to stop. If the company made a mistake, especailly one on this scale, I feel the public deserves to be informed. The OP did not bash or call names, he simply stated facts. In his opinion, you will get bull answers and the run around.

I have not had any personal dealings with Daves, but I want to gather any and all information, and make an informed decision before I go tossing my money out there. This is why I was asking for facts, and not a bunch of o/t BS.

JRod: Your comments are innappropriate at best, and not welcome in this thread OR on YT. If you are an employee, or a previous employee, you are not doing Dave any favors with your comments. Your negative comments draw negative publicity for that company.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
THAT is unnecessary IMO.

Your saying that he is not the brightest for keeping documentation/records............ I find that the best thing we can do is to keep records of everything for our own knowledge and to save our own butts in situations where we have to show when something happened.

What difference does it make if he wheels or not. Your saying you wouldnt get mad if you had to wait that long for a bumper that you ordered and paid for?

No im not taking sides or anything. Im just sayign with everyone im sure at least once we have all made a mistake however minor/major it was. We are all human.

The OP isn't pleased with the serivce he got, so he did what he thought was the right way to go about it. The owner of the business apologized and i have heard good things about his company and his dealings.
I'd get a refund and move on IMO.

Dave is a close friend, it's not my business, and yea I wrenched a bit there, mostly on my truck and for parts. Dave is a quality connection, I promote it.

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
I think this is a question best left for PM's.

And everyone bashing him for posting info from his dealings need to stop. If the company made a mistake, especailly one on this scale, I feel the public deserves to be informed. The OP did not bash or call names, he simply stated facts. In his opinion, you will get bull answers and the run around.

I have not had any personal dealings with Daves, but I want to gather any and all information, and make an informed decision before I go tossing my money out there. This is why I was asking for facts, and not a bunch of o/t BS.

JRod: Your comments are innappropriate at best, and not welcome in this thread OR on YT. If you are an employee, or a previous employee, you are not doing Dave any favors with your comments. Your negative comments draw negative publicity for that company.

You are correct, my apologies, they were my two cents and do not reflect the opinions of Dave or his shop, Dave'z Offroad Performance.

Moving on.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 AM
ted

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
I guess what I would ask is what was done to compensate him for all his time? Businesses, like humans, are prone to mistakes. I woukld say let us not jump all over him for poor business practices in ONE instance. If anyone else has an experience, good or otherwise, post it up so that we may get an idea of quality and customer service.
I agree.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 AM

See this is what really gets me. I had a guy in town with me (Andyota) personally recommend Davez. In fact, i'm the one that welded the stinger on Andy's bumper. After seeing the craftsmanship in real life, I ordered a bumper from Davez.

FYI, the custom part of my bumper was simply a 2nd tube on top of the main tube up front to compensate for a body lift. Now take this with a grain of salt, as I am no fabricator, simply a welder. I would think that you could bend a 2nd tube using the same jig/plan as the first main tube, and then a simple jig could be made to align the two tubes.

Anyway, this has been my experience. I guess what irked me was the miscommunication between Dave and I. I was never informed of the first bumper getting lost, or a bumper coming out warped. How was I ever supposed to know, if you didn't tell me?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

I've been away from Yotatech for few months now and just found this thread.

It really sucks that Neaslas had such trouble with Dave'z, as I've been extremely happy with my bumper (and the stinger welding job, thanks Sean!). I know Dave is busier than a 1-armed paper hanger, and it does blow when a project doesn't work out, or your calls don't get returned, but I can imagine the whole business of custom tubework and welding can be trouble-prone. I will still give Dave my business, but I may drive my truck down to his shop when I have a free week to spend in Diamond Springs, an amazing town with excellent weather.

Again, I'm sorry to hear there were problems, and I hope we can still weld together in the future.

Andy.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I have had a few interesting purchases from Dave`s being on the east coast the freight is a little expensive.

Also my work hours and the time difference really screw up our ability to talk in person .

I will continue to deal with him Sometimes our communciations were a little poor on both sides He has come up with the parts I needed

I am now thinking about him building a daily driver truck out of a nice California Truck with no East Coast Rust and rot fly out drive home.

Being in business I will be the first to admit things do go fubar at times the buyer did get his money back
Old 11-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned

Dave'z Off Road

I just moved over from wheeling Jeeps for 6 years to a Toyota truck. I bought a stock truck and I'm starting the build. I began researching what I wanted to order for the phase 1 build of my 84 Toy truck. I looked at Trail Gear, All Pro, Marlin, Longfield, Sky Manufacturing, and Dave’s Off Road and thought about ordering the components from some of them. I then decided that it would be easier and probably more cost effective to order everything I wanted from one.

On 10/21 I emailed Dave’z and requested a quote for 30 spline Longfield shafts, Trail Gear high steer, Trail Gear box mount, Dave’z 5-1/2” springs front and rear, front shock hoops, rear shock locator kit, Pro Comp shocks, extended brake lines, the spring hangers and shackles I would need, and new front and rear drive shafts. I asked for turnaround time and any recommendations they might have.

I got my quote back on 10/22, liked the pricing, and sent them payment the night of 10/23. I called and asked if everything looked good on what I was asking for and was told yes.

On 10/27 I sent an e-mail asking when everything was expected to ship. I wanted to schedule some vacation time for the pending installation and needed as much lead time as possible to try and get the time off. I never received a response.

On 10/30 I called. I was told that my order was being packed and the drive shafts were being balanced. Then I was told that the drive shafts weren’t being balanced because they needed my stock measurements. I thought that was a little odd and thought to myself why that wasn’t addressed by them when I placed the order. I thought that since I was ordering all of their components they would know what length the drive shafts should be. I told them that I had scheduled 11/12 and 11/13 off and asked if I would have my order by then. I was told that since my order was being packed I would have it by the end of the next week (11/6) with the drive shafts arriving a couple of days later. I was told that they would be open on Saturday so I could call with my drive shaft measurements.

On 10/31 I called and got the answering machine so I left my stock drive shaft measurements and told them that I would be using their 5-1/2” springs. I asked them to call me to let me know that they received my information or in case they needed more information. I didn’t get a call back.

On 11/5 I called both Longfield and Trail Gear directly and asked if Dave’z had sent them orders for me since I hadn’t heard a word. Nope. So I called Dave’z and I was told the same thing that I was told on 10/30 – my order was being packed and the drive shafts were being balanced. When I ask them why it’s still being packed since it was being packed last Friday I was told that they had to order the shocks. I tell the guy that I also called Longfield and Trail Gear and that they didn’t have any orders for me. He tells me the shafts are packed in my order. Now I’m really starting to get a crappy feeling about my decision. By the end of the day, I receive 3 UPS tracking numbers from Dave’z over e-mail.

On 11/6 I check the UPS site and see that the weight of the packages are 27, 61, and 42 pounds. Way too light for what I ordered but I kept my cool and decided to see what arrived. I was hoping that more tracking numbers would be coming my way but I pretty much knew my installation plans were shot.

On 11/11 I get my 3 boxes. My Longfield shafts, front and rear springs, and drive shafts are not in the shipment. I call Dave’z at 3:30 pm their time and leave a message asking for them to call me back. I’m angry – I’ve schedule my last 2 days of vacation for this install, I’ve got a welder lined up to do the work for me, but I’m sitting here with a partial order that does me absolutely no good. I call back about 30 minutes later leaving another message that I wanted to cancel that part of the order and to call me back. No return call.

On 11/12 at 8:30 a.m. California time I get a call from a guy at Dave’z. He tells me that he didn’t know why I cancelled my order on the shafts, springs and drive shafts because my stuff had been shipped. He said that they had cancelled the order, already called UPS, and that those items were on their way back to them. I call him on it and asked him for the tracking numbers for that shipment which he couldn’t give me. They’ve gone to all the trouble to recall a shipment from UPS but he can’t give me tracking numbers – I don’t think so. So I ask him when I would receive credit. He tells me that he would have to check with his bookkeeper and call me back. He can’t tell me when I can expect a return call. I really don’t expect to get a return call as they did a poor job in returning calls from the very start. At about 10:00 California time I follow up with an e-mail to Dave’z confirming the cancellation of those items and again ask them to call me or to reply to my e-mail with an answer to the question of the credit. No response.

As of 11/14 I have not received a response for Dave’z.

I know Dave checks the boards so I hope he sees this. Please just issue my credit so that I can get this done. Communicate with your customers and give truthful information. I’m disappointed that my experience has gone this way as I would have liked to have found a single source vendor that could have met my current and future needs.

Last edited by fluffybunny; 11-14-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:56 AM

Your drive shafts were being made during this and the last boxes were shipped and they would have been there on time. When we ship everything for free we have to package things the best we can to save the most in shipping. You called and cancelled the order and my guys had the last 3 packages returned too us.These are very expensive parts and when they got a phone call saying cancel my order they did. The parts are on their way back to us. All of the parts you ordered cannot fit in one box. Multiple packages are needed to ship this much stuff to you. Nothing but the high steer was being drop shipped. I started a money transfer to my paypal acct so I can refund your money on the parts you cancelled. This takes a few days. Your refund will post as soon as it shows up in my acct. Sorry we faild on getting your stuff to you.

Last edited by TOYOTAPARTS; 11-15-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 PM

If you like excuses and run around do business with Dave!

I too had a similar experience with Dave. I ordered a front and rear bumper and waited for several months only to hear excuse after excuse, he blamed everybody but himself, said he was waiting on materials, materials that never came mind you! This guy can care less about getting your order out to you in a timely manner but I'll bet when he orders something from someone else he appreciates when his order is not put on the slow boat from China.

When I would call Dave to ask what was taking so long I would get the run around, he would blame his employee's and tell me he's going to call me tomorrow with an update to my order but I would never hear from him. What sucks is he charges your credit card first then your paying interest for a product that you've been waiting several months for and still has not been delivered!

After this guy had me so frustrated from excuses and not returning my phone calls I felt this guy did not deserve my business so I asked for a credit back to my credit card, during our conversation I did make a point to tell him how ridicules this whole experience was which ended in an argument that I'm sure he has had with many customers before me. After this argument Dave played a little game of making me wait for a two and a half more months before I finally received a refund.

I had to call this guy all the time and had to be real cool because I didn't want to end up in small claims court with this A hole.......what he did was make me call him all the time to ask for my money and I know he had his employees say he was not in so he could avoid me which in turn would create a delay in issuing a credit back to my mastercard, this went on for quite awhile then finally I caught him on the phone and when asked about the credit he said " Oh....I had my employee process that for you and it should post your account in a few days".......that day would never come and then I would go back to calling the shop only to be told Dave was not in and they would have him call when he returns which guess what! He never called!............He played these games with me for about a month and a half then I noticed on my statement I received a credit for only the rear bumper, the less expensive item don’t you know.

Bye now I had to get my credit card company involved and dispute the charge because I new this game would continue for who knows when..... After about two and a half months I received my final credit, not sure if he was tired of all the phone calls or the paperwork my credit card company was sending him but I eventually got my money back.

If I where you I would stay away from this flake and do business with someone that believes in customer service and doing what they say there going to do! After reading what he put the guy who started this thread through I wanted to tell everyone what happened to me because this gentlemen is not alone. I personally would never do business with a guy that makes excuses and plays games with peoples money! Screw that guy, he does not offer anything that another shop wont have!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM

My experience with Davez Performance Offroad.

After over a year of dealing with Dave at Davez Performance Offroad, I have decided to make this posting to share my experience with him and his shop. This is not to bash Dave but simply to tell the story and to keep this from hopefully happening to other people. I also encourage other people to post their experiences with Davez whether it be good or bad.

I have built a complete website dedicated to telling my story along with documentation taking directly from Davez website still in its original format. Unfortunately I do not have our phone conversations but there are plenty of emails to read which will back up my story.

The summary of my experience is that I paid Dave 5000 dollars to do an engine swap on my 95 4runner to a 4.3 vortec. I supplied a running donor and the advance adapters parts needed to do the swap. After 9 months all that had been accomplished was that my 4runner had no engine in it and the engine from the donor vehicle had been pulled. There are more details on the website but I am trying to make this a brief summary. After 9 months of not having a vehicle I had my 4runner shipped from Davez to Kent 4wd to have a 3.0 put back into. I never laid eyes on a rebuilt 4.3 or recieved the block back. All my 3.0 engine components had been pulled from the 4runner and I was forced to go around to parted out vehicles to try and replace them. Dave paid me back 2500 dollars of the 5000 I had paid him.

As of right now my 4runner is in Kent, Wa. with a bad rear axle. I had asked Dave to put a locker in my rear axle while he was doing the engine swap. He pulled my gears out and then discovered that the locker was for a 4 cylinder axle and would not work with my 4runner. Dave then told me he put my original gears back in. So 3 months later after Kent 4wd had finished installing a freshly rebuilt 3.0, they took my 4runner for a test drive only to hear a loud whine coming from the rear end. Dave had thrown it together without shimming the gears or putting gear oil in it and never bothered telling me. My gears were ruined. I emailed Dave about this and he told me he would send a new third but I can't even get a hold of him now and as of right now his website is not working.

I was trying to make this brief but it has been an experience that has spanned over a year so it took a bit to explain. With that being said below I will post the link to the website that explains everything in detail and at the bottom has all the files you can download which will allow you to see the original forum write up for my 4runner on Davez site and all of our personal messages between each other. I hope this posting helps other people to be able to make an educated decision about what shop they choose and not have to go through what I have had to deal with. Thanks for reading.

I would also like to say that I made every attempt to let Dave make this right and he promised to send me the parts for the 4runner I needed but I never saw them and I cannot get him on the phone or email now. So please dont bother saying I should just call him instead of posting this because I have exhuasted every effort to contact him.

Justin Smedley

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-11-2012 at 04:16 AM.