Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Addicted offroad issues

Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pitmaster
Has anyone had problems with this company? I placed an order on june 23 and still have not received my bumper.. They stopped responding to my email and havent returned my phone call.. Luckily i used pay pal and filed a claim. Just a heads up guys...
Scotty took 13 weeks to get me rear bumper and i had to cut the it to make it work. And use a hammer. That thing was too tight.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 01-22-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by garydk1
I did ask for $150. That's what it cost me to have the bumper coated. Lets not forget who said they wanted their bumper back. All I wanted was some proof of shipping because you gave me excuse after excuse and the run around for weeks. Can you please show me where I said I was going to dispute the charge and keep your bumper. STOP LYING!

I'm not even going to dignify 85turbo's remarks with a comment.

This is my last post on this. I'm done with you.

Cant agree with you more all these ppl defending him just havnt had an issue like us. The sad part he was willing to do nothing about it. In my case way worst.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by astephenz
Scotty took 13 weeks to get me rear bumper and i had to cut the it to make it work. And use a hammer. That thing was so tight.
Actually, it was 10 weeks to the shipping date. You ordered it Fri Nov 8th. It shipped Jan 10th.

Just so everyone is clear. I constantly was in contact with Stephen. I explained on several occasions that we were waiting on press bent pieces for the rear frame mounts. This was all during the holidays in which we had Xmas and New Years fall mid week. Unfortunately the holidays kill every company when it comes to manufacturing turn around times.

He got completely irate with me 2.5 weeks ago and wanted to cancel the order. I explained that the bumper itself was already assembled with the exception of the frame mounts and that it would be subject to our 20% cancellation policy on custom fabbed parts. He flew off the handle on me and called me every name in the book. Told me I had a POS company and everything else. And, yes, my emotions got the best of me at the time and I did yell back.

Its ironic that he claims that he had to cut it to make it fit since every single one of our rear bumpers is built in a jig, and this is the first one that has ever had an issue. That would be the first one in three years of building these.

But, I knew that as soon as he got the bumper that he was going to do this, so its expected.

Stephen, if you would like me to post our constant email correspondences I can to prove that you were always kept up to date on what was going on. Right down to the tracking number when it shipped.

Oh, and you are welcome for the extra interior bumper mounting brackets that you were given for free since yours were completely rusted out.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 01-22-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Well, I just got off the phone with Stephen and he just went off the handle again on me. Cussing, swearing, and again calling my company a joke.

Its fine, he is entitled to his opinion. Those of you who do business with me know what Addicted Offroad is all about.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyC
Actually, it was 10 weeks to the shipping date. You ordered it Fri Nov 8th. It shipped Jan 10th.

Just so everyone is clear. I constantly was in contact with Stephen. I explained on several occasions that we were waiting on press bent pieces for the rear frame mounts. This was all during the holidays in which we had Xmas and New Years fall mid week. Unfortunately the holidays kill every company when it comes to manufacturing turn around times.

He got completely irate with me 2.5 weeks ago and wanted to cancel the order. I explained that the bumper itself was already assembled with the exception of the frame mounts and that it would be subject to our 20% cancellation policy on custom fabbed parts. He flew off the handle on me and called me every name in the book. Told me I had a POS company and everything else. And, yes, my emotions got the best of me at the time and I did yell back.

Its ironic that he claims that he had to cut it to make it fit since every single one of our rear bumpers is built in a jig, and this is the first one that has ever had an issue. That would be the first one in three years of building these.

But, I knew that as soon as he got the bumper that he was going to do this, so its expected.

Stephen, if you would like me to post our constant email correspondences I can to prove that you were always kept up to date on what was going on. Right down to the tracking number when it shipped.

Oh, and you are welcome for the extra interior bumper mounting brackets that you were given for free since yours were completely rusted out.
All anyone ever wants is to get what they pay for. The reason you responded is because i had to contact you several times. I got pics showing all measurements of brackets.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 01-22-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by astephenz
All anyone ever wants is to get what they pay for. The reason you responded is because i had to contact you several times. I got pics showing all measurements of brackets.
By all means, post up the pics. Considering you got it delivered to where you work yesterday, and its already installed, it must have fit pretty good.

I understand that it took a few extra weeks to get the bumper and I am sorry for that. Lead times are an estimate, not a promise. I made that perfectly clear the entire time.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 01-22-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I am closing this thread until we can get the language and racist comments cleaned up. I will leave it open for public view, and it will commentable again once we have cleaned it up so no one thinks we are siding with one or the other. This is purely to keep the Offtopic language on hold.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Thread is now open again. Keep in on topic, without the personal attacks or bigoted remarks or some of you will be enjoying a vacation.

If you need a refresher course in how to leave feedback or what is allowed, look here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f39/...-forum-197854/
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 PM

reality

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  43.7 KB
Old 01-22-2014, 02:58 PM

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  38.9 KB
Name:  7.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  63.3 KB
Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  43.3 KB
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  47.4 KB
Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  47.1 KB
Old 05-06-2016, 01:20 PM

I have to chime in here with my experience with AOR. So far it hasn't been very good.

I ordered sliders for my 05 Tacoma Double Cab on April 18, communicating that I needed them by May 12 for a Moab trip. Scott said that shouldn't be a problem and that they *should* be done in a week, maybe two. (I recognize that this was an estimate, but I did make it clear that if they really thought it could be done in that timeframe I'd go ahead with the order, and if not, then I'd just wait and place the order later on, when I had money to maybe also include a bumper in the order, and save some time on making just one trip up to pick it all up at once.)

I emailed asking for an update on 4/25. No response. (I've checked my spam folder, just to make sure.)
I emailed again on the 28th for an update. Still no response.
I emailed from the AOR website on or around May 1. No response.

I've called on April 25, 28, May 4, and today, and left voicemails twice in the last week with no response.

I finally got through on Wednesday, May 4 and talked to Scott. He said that they would for sure be done either yesterday or today and that he would call me when they were done and ready for pickup. I asked if I could come pick them up either today or early next week and he said that would be fine.

I didn't hear from him yesterday so I decided to call AOR today. The voicemail message had changed from the usual, and said that they would be closed from today until next Wednesday for inventory so they can get caught up on orders. Scott never informed me that they were closing for inventory when we talked on Wednesday, which definitely throws a wrench in the works for my plans on coming up early next week to pick up the sliders.

I'm pretty disappointed in the poor communication. I'm hoping he can make good on his commitment to have them ready for me to pick up early next week. I'm also hoping that my contribution to this thread, as well as a PM I sent a bit earlier will help him see that getting back to his customers quickly is the best route to return and referral business.

There's no email threads to post to prove either my or Scott's sides of the story because he hasn't responded to any of my emails. I'll post my phone logs if anyone requests it. I'm open to talking publicly or privately with Scott or anyone else about this. I recognize that there's always things that can get in the way of timely completion. It happens to the best of us. What I'm focusing on here is that there has been NO return communication from Scott to me about this at all. I've had to initiate com every time, and have received some commitments in those coms that he's failed to live up to. This is not how you keep customers.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ndeep
I have to chime in here with my experience with AOR. So far it hasn't been very good.

I ordered sliders for my 05 Tacoma Double Cab on April 18, communicating that I needed them by May 12 for a Moab trip. Scott said that shouldn't be a problem and that they *should* be done in a week, maybe two. (I recognize that this was an estimate, but I did make it clear that if they really thought it could be done in that timeframe I'd go ahead with the order, and if not, then I'd just wait and place the order later on, when I had money to maybe also include a bumper in the order, and save some time on making just one trip up to pick it all up at once.)

I emailed asking for an update on 4/25. No response. (I've checked my spam folder, just to make sure.)
I emailed again on the 28th for an update. Still no response.
I emailed from the AOR website on or around May 1. No response.

I've called on April 25, 28, May 4, and today, and left voicemails twice in the last week with no response.

I finally got through on Wednesday, May 4 and talked to Scott. He said that they would for sure be done either yesterday or today and that he would call me when they were done and ready for pickup. I asked if I could come pick them up either today or early next week and he said that would be fine.

I didn't hear from him yesterday so I decided to call AOR today. The voicemail message had changed from the usual, and said that they would be closed from today until next Wednesday for inventory so they can get caught up on orders. Scott never informed me that they were closing for inventory when we talked on Wednesday, which definitely throws a wrench in the works for my plans on coming up early next week to pick up the sliders.

I'm pretty disappointed in the poor communication. I'm hoping he can make good on his commitment to have them ready for me to pick up early next week. I'm also hoping that my contribution to this thread, as well as a PM I sent a bit earlier will help him see that getting back to his customers quickly is the best route to return and referral business.

There's no email threads to post to prove either my or Scott's sides of the story because he hasn't responded to any of my emails. I'll post my phone logs if anyone requests it. I'm open to talking publicly or privately with Scott or anyone else about this. I recognize that there's always things that can get in the way of timely completion. It happens to the best of us. What I'm focusing on here is that there has been NO return communication from Scott to me about this at all. I've had to initiate com every time, and have received some commitments in those coms that he's failed to live up to. This is not how you keep customers.
Just wondering if you have gotten your sliders and how long it took. I am going through a similar situation right now going on 2 months. No response to emails he does usually answer the phone though. I am not someone that will ride someone and have called exactly 3 times 1 was to order once last month and once today. Originally when I called to order I was talking to Scott a bit he said things were a bit slow that they should be able to get them welded up that week or the next. I said great hoping to get them welded on before it gets cold. That was October 5th. I understand they are a small business I called again a month later and got a very apologetic response saying they should of been done and how the material is here now and he will get them done this week and out to me. Now a month later I called again and he was not quite as nice sounded a bit flustered but said they were bent and they would go out this week. Just wondering how long it took for you to get yours. For anyone on tacoma world