Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Addicted offroad issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ScottyC- Bravo to you sir. You have maintained a level of professionalism throughout this thread that seems rare these days. Rather than telling an impatient customer to Fluff off or pound sand, like other venders would do, you have addressed the situation and defended your business practices with facts and documentation. Hopefully the OP will realize that you seem to be a stand up business man and will be a repeat customer. I know that you have made the short list of vendors that I'm willing to send my money to. Wish there were more like you in our sport.

Last edited by vital22re; 05-11-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Scotty, Ive been drooling over you bumpers for weeks now and am saving up. Just wanted to let you know that if this tread has done anything it made me feel even better about ordering a bumper from you. You have displayed an outstanding level of professionalism when most others would not have. Cant wait to oder my bumper. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 87 Deathtrap
ScottyC- Bravo to you sir. You have maintained a level of professionalism throughout this thread that seems rare these days. Rather than telling an impatient customer to F off or pound sand, like other venders would do, you have addressed the situation and defended your business practices with facts and documentation. Hopefully the OP will realize that you seem to be a stand up business man and will be a repeat customer. I know that you have made the short list of vendors that I'm willing to send my money to. Wish there were more like you in our sport.
Originally Posted by chris514scott
Scotty, Ive been drooling over you bumpers for weeks now and am saving up. Just wanted to let you know that if this tread has done anything it made me feel even better about ordering a bumper from you. You have displayed an outstanding level of professionalism when most others would not have. Cant wait to oder my bumper. Keep up the good work.
Thank you both for your support.

Jake, your bumper is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I would recommend being home when they try to deliver as it will require a direct signature from you due to the paypal dispute.

Last edited by ScottyC; 07-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Bumper was delivered.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 PM

I'm having the same issues with Adddicted offroad

I placed an order and received my bumper in a reasonable time but wasn't told that he didn't have the reinforcement plate but he was sending it out Monday, (this was on Thursday). A week later, nothing, so I emailed him. No response. three days or so later I called him and he told me it never shipped it, he also admitted to seeing my email but didn't respond. He told me the plate would go out the next day and he'd email me the tracking number. This was four days ago and nothing. I called today and no answer.

I 'm really pissed because I was suppose to drive to Costa Rica on a surf excursion(which I told him about) a week ago . instead I'm sitting around dealing with this B.S.

Thanks scotty for continually ignoring and lying to me.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 PM

Received 215 Likes on 157 Posts
Oh boy......here we go again.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 PM

I'm really hoping you step up to the plate, bite the bullet, and overnight it to me.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
OK: Gary I hope you understand you posted around midnight on a friday, the weekend. Most business shut down for the weekend = you probably aren't gonna get a response till monday or thereafter.
I am sure Scotty will make it right.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 AM

For those of you that have good experiences with scotty, I say don't take it for granted. What a nightmare. He continues to tell me that he's shipped this reinforcement plate but it still hasn't been delivered and he will never provide me a tracking #. Now he claims it shipped a week ago(he's said this twice before) but he can't get me a tracking number because he's in Montana. He can email me but he can't access his fed-ex account. Claims he doesn't have a lap top just a phone with wifi. There's a fed ex app for your phone, you know. "I don't have my account #". How bout trying the old fashion way and using that phone to call them.

I'm out of winch mounts, I'm out of reinforcement plates, I sent it out, I didn't send it out, I'm on vacation, I don't have access to any of my information, my dog ate my tig welder. This guy has way too many excuses.

Now He's got the audacity to tell me to be patient, While he's on vacation. I'm dumbfounded.

Last edited by garydk1; 05-14-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 AM

This is your resolution? Opposed to just sending me a tracking #.

"That'sit. I don't want your money, and i don't want you running my bumper. Go aheadand dispute it. I will send someone to pick up the bumper. "

Goodluck.

Scotty

Real Professional, I feel like I'm dealing with a child. Anyone still want to go to bat for this guy?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM

Gary, here we go.

The reinforcement kit was dropped off on Thursday night at a Fed Ex drop.

Fed Ex tracking number: 315857515004356

For everyone else. I was on vacation in Fort Smith, Montana fly fishing on the Big Horn river. This is a town on an Indian Reservation and has about 50 people in it. There is no cell coverage at all. I didn't even bother bringing my laptop on this trip. The closest town with cell coverage is in Lodge Grass, MT about 30mi away.

With that said, we had incredibly slow Satellite Wifi at the house we rented. This is how I was able to email him back on my phone. However, I did not have my Fed Ex acct # with me and could not log in to get a tracking number for him. I explained this to him SEVERAL times via Email. Yet, he continued to email me threatening to dispute the entire amount of the order (even though he has had the bumper for two weeks).

He's belittled me, called me a liar several times, and now is trying to get me to refund the entire amount PLUS $150.

I explained the situation to him, asked him to be patient until I could get home from my trip, but now he is threatening to dispute the entire amount and keep the items anyway.

FWIW, here is a cut and paste of our email exchanges. You be the judge:

Addicted Offroad <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM
To: Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com>
Plus, $150 for what?

Oh, and here is your Fed Ex tracking number: 315857515004356

I will have a buddy of mine from Anaheim Hills pick up both the bumper and reinforcement kit as soon as it arrives on Wednesday. And, if you think that you are going to keep it and dispute it, I would recommend NOT trying that. As soon as he has it. I will refund your money.

Scotty
www.addictedoffroad.com

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow, and all u had to do was supply me with a tracking #. Ok, The easiest thing to do is refund my credit card for the total plus $150 and you can have fed ex pick it up.
On May 14, 2013 9:43 AM, "Scotty" <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes. I did.

I will have them both picked up. I don't want your money.

Scotty
www.addictedoffroad.com

On May 14, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:

> Never sent that plate, did you? Thats obvious. That's fine. I'm Also goin to need an adition $150 for the coating I had done on it.
> On May 14, 2013 9:32 AM, "Scotty" <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's it. I don't want your money, and i don't want you running my bumper. Go ahead and dispute it. I will send someone to pick up the bumper.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Scotty
> www.addictedoffroad.com
>
> On May 14, 2013, at 8:40 AM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been patient, That time has past. Ran out of mounts, ran out of plates, on vacation, no laptop, No account #. You have way to many excuses. Just send the tracking # today or I'll be disputing the entire charge as the bumper is useless if I don't have the plate.
>> On May 14, 2013 6:07 AM, "Scotty" <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What exactly are you disputing? The $45 reinforcement kit?
>>
>> Also, while FedEx has an app, I don't have my acct# with me to set it up.
>>
>>
>> Look, I have never screwed anyone over. You received the bumper in the 4-5 week turn time, but we were out of the reinforcement kits when your bumper wss finished, so I shipped as to not have you wait any longer. So, i ate the shipping on the reinforcement kit.. It shipped and you should get it today or tomorrow. I will not be back until later tonight, but will try to get you the tracking number as soon as I can.
>>
>> In the meantime, I would hope you will have some patience here.
>>
>> Scotty
>> www.addictedoffroad.com
>>
>> On May 14, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> All I need is a tracking #. We wouldn't be going through this if u had sent it to me when u told me u were going to. If I don't get one tomorrow then i'll file the dispute. And fed ex has an app for your phone. Its free.
>>> On May 13, 2013 11:56 PM, "Scotty" <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Gary, go ahead and return it then.
>>>
>>> Its obvious that no matter what I do, you are not going to be happy. I've explain that it shipped, but that isn't good enough for you. I've explain that I am on Vacation and have no cell coverage at all. No laptop with me either. I'm up here with my cell phone connecting to a wifi to answer your emails. I don't have cell coverage or a way to check my FedEx acct at all.
>>>
>>> Believe me or don't, but i'm not hiding anything.
>>>
>>> Scotty
>>> www.addictedoffroad.com
>>>
>>> On May 13, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Ok, if there's no way to access your fed ex account from a computer in MT then I'll wait til tomorrow. If I don't here back from you tomorrow I'm starting a dispute with the credit card company first thing wednesday morning.
>>>> On May 13, 2013 10:10 PM, "Scotty" <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Well, you are going to have to wait until tomorrow night then. I am leaving Fort Smith, MT tomorrow morning. I am 8 hrs north of CO.
>>>>
>>>> Scotty
>>>> www.addictedoffroad.com
>>>>
>>>> On May 13, 2013, at 7:42 PM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I hope your enjoying your vacation because mine is ruined more everyday waiting for this part. I am suspusious that you sent it because you told me that before and never did it. Can you please get that information for me because. The people on yota tech seem to have a high opinion of you (for the most part). However I don't seem to be recieving the same courtesy as most of them. I've tried to contact you several times over the last week. This is very fustrating. My only other option is to send back this bumper, Dispute the charge with the credit card company and order from someone else. I need that tracking # asap please
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you, Gary
>>>>> On May 13, 2013 6:17 PM, "Scotty" <addictedoffroad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Gary, I am currently on vacation in Fort Smith, MT. I can only assume you are asking about your frame reinforcement kit. It shipped last week, but I do Not have access to be able to look up a tracking number, but it shipped last week
>>>>>
>>>>> Scotty
>>>>> www.addictedoffroad.com
>>>>>
>>>>> On May 13, 2013, at 5:27 PM, "Gary Letourneau" <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Scotty, can you please contact me in regards to my reinforcement plate. I not sure what the issue is but I’m very frustrated over this.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks, Gary
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>

Last edited by ScottyC; 05-14-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm assuming the dk1 in garys screen name stands for dick#1 and he sure lives up to it.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM

I did ask for $150. That's what it cost me to have the bumper coated. Lets not forget who said they wanted their bumper back. All I wanted was some proof of shipping because you gave me excuse after excuse and the run around for weeks. Can you please show me where I said I was going to dispute the charge and keep your bumper. STOP LYING!

I'm not even going to dignify 85turbo's remarks with a comment.

This is my last post on this. I'm done with you.

Last edited by garydk1; 05-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by garydk1
I did ask for $150. That's what it cost me to have the bumper coated. Lets not forget who said they wanted their bumper back. All I wanted was some proof of shipping because you gave me excuse after excuse and the run around for weeks. Can you please show me where I said I was going to dispute the charge and keep your bumper. STOP LYING!

I'm not even going to dignify 85turbo's remarks with comment.

What was this then?

> On May 14, 2013, at 8:40 AM, Gary Letourneau <garym34@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been patient, That time has past. Ran out of mounts, ran out of plates, on vacation, no laptop, No account #. You have way to many excuses. Just send the tracking # today or I'll be disputing the entire charge as the bumper is useless if I don't have the plate.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:06 PM

And there you have it.........whatever Gary!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by garydk1

I'm not even going to dignify 85turbo's remarks with a comment.

You have a tracking number, he sent it when he said he sent it per FedEx;

-

5/14/2013 - Tuesday
7:46 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
7:27 pm
Departed FedEx location

CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
4:39 pm

CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
-

5/12/2013 - Sunday
7:13 am
In transit

CHINO, CA
-

5/11/2013 - Saturday
9:13 am
Departed FedEx location

HENDERSON, CO
3:44 am

HENDERSON, CO
-

5/10/2013 - Friday
10:32 pm
Left FedEx origin facility

JOHNSTOWN, CO
7:13 pm

JOHNSTOWN, CO
11:02 am
Picked up

JOHNSTOWN, CO
-

5/09/2013 - Thursday
9:32 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx
I fail to see the problem here. Scotty has done exactly what he said he has done, and even gone out of his way dealing with you while he was on vacation.

If the plate shows up Wednesday, you have no case. You called him a liar, and you were 100% WRONG. An apology is in order.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 05-14-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
You have a tracking number, he sent it when he said he sent it per FedEx;

-

I fail to see the problem here. Scotty has done exactly what he said he has done, and even gone out of his way dealing with you while he was on vacation.

If the plate shows up Wednesday, you have no case. You called him a liar, and you were 100% WRONG. An apology is in order.
I still have not heard from him. Last response I received from him was in this thread. So, I am just waiting for the notice that he has disputed the charge at this point. I hope he is a stand up guy.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 AM

Love you AOR and love to support only the the CO guys. Coming up in a few weeks for some sliders, all these a-holes are just jealous of the work you guys do! Once they are on ill come back on here and rant and rave about how much I love them. Lol have buddy who has only good things to say about you guys! Those 2 dudes should some locals shops to bug stay in CA and KY we don't want you in CO.

Last edited by reaj; 05-22-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if it were me after being a douchbag i would be regretting posting a picture of my id with my FACE ON IT!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 PM

ugh.....people I tell ya anyhoo still gonna roll to see you scotty had some stuff come up but after the holiday I will make it out there soon enough.

Quick Reply: Addicted offroad issues