Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

4wheelparts

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4wheelparts

Has anyone else had bad experiences with 4 wheel parts.com?

I ordered a set of 4 wheels and tires on 5/22

I emailed them a few days ago and was seemingly ignored.

So today I decided to give them a call to figure out the status.

After 10 minutes of being on hold, I spoke to a representative, who then put me on hold for 15 minutes.

After sitting there with the phone to my ear for a half hour the woman explained to me that the reason my order has not yet shipped is because there was somehow a duplicate order put in.

They put my order in as 2 sets of wheels and tires, I bought the last set, so 1 order had back ordered tires and the other order had back ordered wheels.

They never bothered to contact me about this mixup, who knows how long I could have waited..

Now apparently the wheels are in california and the tires are in texas.. the wheels must be shipped to texas, where the tires will be mounted, and then shipped to my house in new york.

So basically I'm going to have to wait another week at least, assuming they don't anything up from here on..

I talked to someone from there 2 days after i ordered and he explained to me they were out of the wheels in flat black, and it would be another month. I told him I want the gloss black instead then. He said no problem and the order would ship soon... instead he entered an entirely new order.. wtf
Old 06-01-2010, 07:25 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
i've never had bad service with them... but then again, their store is about 15 minutes from me so I can basically just walk in.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:01 AM

Had an interesting experience with them a few years back. I ordered a choker chain, it got cancelled and refunded.......... the same day it showed up at my house. Called them up and asked why the refunded, the lady said that a chain was never shipped to me, okay then. Two weeks later, ANOTHER chain shows up! called them again, told her i received another chain, and once again, it didnt ship according to her. still have the chains, still use them! Now, tires. They are extremely overpriced. For instance, i want 35X12.50 BFG KM2's, 4 wheel parts, a hair over 200 a tire, PLUS shipping. Onlinetires.com, 147 or 149 a tire, plus, when we go to the mall down south, i can pick them up on site! 4wheelparts in my opinion just has a large inventory, but thats it, not really anything else competitive about them.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:15 PM

i've had a good experience via email, phone and in person at the shop in lynnwood, wa.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:33 AM

I ordered a set of shocks from them not too long ago and I wanted them next day. I ordered mid morning on a Thursday. My order wasn't processed until the following Monday. They got it to UPS but then it was misloaded and not shipped at all. I called up UPS and explained to the nice lady that I know how the whole system works since I used to work there and I wanted to confirm that it was a misload and not a problem with the tracking. She got in contact with facility my package was at, figured out it was sitting there waiting to be put on the next, next day air shipment. Called up 4wheelparts and explained that since it was not shipped next day air, I am not paying the shipping charges and to refund the difference. They told me they can do that but I need to pay for the 2nd day air and they would refund the difference back to my account. Got the shocks the next day (Wednesday) and on my day off got them on no problem.

A full week and 4 days later I still did not see where they refunded my money. I called them up and they had no clue. Eventually got transferred to the original guy that I talked to and he didn't remember either. I guess he found a sticky note on his desk because he figured it out, and after another week I got my gift card for the difference.

So as far as service? They did make it right with me, I give them that..but they were so unorganized in the process. I spent that gift card as fast as I could and that order went through with no issues.