Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

4Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4crawler.com or roger brown body lifts

4crawler.com Or Roger Brown body lifts.........

I recently purchased a 1" body lift from him..........Paid for the 1" body kit for extra cab with HD bolts.

What I got after I had taken all the bolts out of one side of my Cab and loosened the other side was ALL the bolts were 1" TOO Long!! I e-mailed him.....cuase He doesn't give you a phone number to talk to him....(hmmm I wonder why) That He screwed up and wrote back to me... back pedaling saying it was my mistake........I looked up my paypal reciept and follow up e-mail to him........BOTH stated I want the extra cab 1" body lift with HD bolts.

So He finally agrees to send me the right bolts............after I'm stranded and have to jerry rig my truck back together to go to work the next day.

Well I got the bolts today and they are still wrong.........I got the standard grade bolts and NOT the HD bolts I PAID extra for......

The guy has no clue as to what he is doing..............the kit was put together very unprofessionally and after seeing the kit I could have put this kit together on MY own for about $50.

Last edited by Cobra69; 11-14-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i havent done a body lift but why are you bitching that he bolts are too long?? i can see why you'd be upset if they were too short, but if they are too long let it hang down in the body mount, who cares.....

in the 4 1/2 years i've been working with and on toyota's this is the first time that i've heard ANYTHING bad about Rodger and 4crawler products. the times i've ordered stuff from 4Crawler its been packaged fine and shipping was very quick.

and your claim that "The guy has no clue as to what he is doing" is absolutely BS... he is VERY knowledgeable when it comes to toyotas. i think you're the one who has no clue.......

Last edited by Tofer; 11-13-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra69
4crawler.com Or Roger Brown body lifts.........

I recently purchased a 1" body lift from him..........Paid for the 1" body kit for extra cab with HD bolts.

What I got after I had taken all the bolts out of one side of my Cab and loosened the other side was ALL the bolts were 1" TOO Long!! I e-mailed him.....cuase He doesn't give you a phone number to talk to him....(hmmm I wonder why) That He screwed up and wrote back to me... back pedaling saying it was my mistake........I looked up my paypal reciept and follow up e-mail to him........BOTH stated I want the extra cab 1" body lift with HD bolts.

So He finally agrees to send me the right bolts............after I'm stranded and have to jerry rig my truck back together to go to work the next day.

Well I got the bolts today and they are still wrong.........I got the standard grade bolts and NOT the HD bolts I PAID extra for......

The guy has no clue as to what he is doing..............the kit was put together very unprofessionally and after seeing the kit I could have put this kit together on MY own for about $50.
If you had a clue you would have bothered to put this in the appropriate thread and not start a new one.

I recommend you go post this in the Toyota 4Runner section on Pirate4x4 so we can really tell you how we feel about your misguided opinion.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 11-18-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 PM

Sooo, you just bought your Toyota yesterday? Roger Brown has been in the game for a long time.

I will continue to buy products from 4Crawler and browse his site for tech articles.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Sponsor

Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

I too will continue to buy happily from 4crawler.

Ordered many things, everything has been perfect, and prompt.

Going to order more soon.

Just in case I wasn't clear:

4crawler is an EXCELLENT vendor. HIGHLY recommended.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AxleIke
I too will continue to buy happily from 4crawler.

Ordered many things, everything has been perfect, and prompt.

Going to order more soon.

Just in case I wasn't clear:

4crawler is an EXCELLENT vendor. HIGHLY recommended.

My 2" BL was second hand (bought it from another member) and Roger was more than helpful not only in his detailed instructions, but also one on one.

I'm with the majority on this one.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:29 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
after seeing the kit I could have put this kit together on MY own for about $50.
OK, let's see your $50 kit
Old 11-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
The guy has no clue as to what he is doing...the kit was put together very unprofessionally and after seeing the kit I could have put this kit together on MY own for about $50.
This has got to be the funniest, most misguided, moronic statement I have read in a long time. I still think you need to go post your opinion over on Pirate and let them post some thoughtful flowery reflections.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1" too long? maybe install the bushings along with the blocks. Just a thought.

One thing for sure, Roger is the guru. He has helped hundreds of people on this forum alone. As I said told Roger, too bad the wife and I can't have any more kids cause we would name it " 4crawler "
Old 11-15-2008, 08:38 AM

Roger is the man. Period.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 AM

I haven't ordered anything from him yet, but he is very knowledgeable, he is always on here helping out others with the information he has.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Sponsor

and the other thing i want to point out is i've noticed Rodger will take the time to answer someones dumb noobie question when everyone else just say "SEARCH!!"
Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 PM

1st negative thing i've heard of roger, the guy knows a ton about toyota's and is awesome about giving advise, and quality products.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It only makes sense to have 1" longer bolts than stock, since you are spacing 1".

I did mine, and it was easy. The longer bolts will look just fine once you've done the lift.

Just try it. The problem here does not lie with the materials, but the installer.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tofer
and the other thing i want to point out is i've noticed Rodger will take the time to answer someones dumb noobie question when everyone else just say "SEARCH!!"
X2 (I admit I am guilty of "SEARCH!!")
Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by stormin94
It only makes sense to have 1" longer bolts than stock, since you are spacing 1".

I did mine, and it was easy. The longer bolts will look just fine once you've done the lift.

Just try it. The problem here does not lie with the materials, but the installer.

i've never installed a body lift before but that just seems plain obvious to me.

Last edited by sa51; 12-09-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:55 PM

I recently bought a 1" BL from 4crawler and it was nothing but professionalism. I havnt seen the order yet but thats because im on the other side of the world where as the kit is going to my house.

and as everybody else has said, i will probably deal with him again.

if you would have done more searching instead of posting you might have found out why the bolts were one inch longer, and if youd have read any of the tech articles on the 4crawler website, again would have answered why your bolts are 1" longer. and how do you know that the bolts arent HD, because they are the wrong color or something?

for future reference try and figure out what is really wrong before posting and getting slammed by everyone.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear you think there was a bad experience with 4crawler.

I ordered my battery contacts and they arrived within 2 days.

I believe Roger Brown may have a "real job" in addition to his 4Crawler help to us Yota owners-thus he likely does not publish a phone number so he can have some private time to himself and for his family. My guess-I work at a computer all day at work-kind of the last thing I want to do on "my time".

He has always responded to my emails and he does not know me from anywhere-I hope to meet the man someday and tell him to his face how helpful his tech details are to people like me who don't know &^%$ from shinola....And shake his hand-and buy him his favorite beverage.

I recently called Roger "a legend" and I mean it. His articles are published in Toyota Trails magazine Tech Help section. This is the magazine of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association-and no you do not have to be a Cruiser owner to appreciate the magazine nor his advice.

You even relay that he did take care of you in the end. But again it was not what you wanted. Communication is a 2 way connection. He is either not fully understanding what you think you want or you failed to properly order what he offers. I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and you see others doing the same.

Tell us specifically how much cash you think he has screwed you out of.

Chalk it up to a learning experience Cobra. Ask, ask, and ask some more if you are not sure what you are buying-read other vendors and see what they offer instead.

This is why some of us use our real names as our "handle". We have integrity and have nothing to hide from you or any other forum member. I most certainly put 4crawler in that category.

Last edited by Ron Helmuth; 12-26-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: us us is us use

Quick Reply: 4Crawler