Notices
Vendor Advertising Vendor's, use this area to alert members to your OEM & Aftermarket Toyota parts

2RZ/3RZ Swap Header for Pre 84 Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2RZ/3RZ Swap Header for Pre 84 Toyota

Hello, Ladies and Gentleman.

This is Andrew at LC Engineering.

We have come up with an answer to your exhaust manifold problems with the Factory manifold.

LC Engineering has made a new swap header, that will get rid of the broken, cracked, or smashed cast exhaust manifold.

LCE Engine Swap Header Pickup, 4Runner To Newer 2RZ/3RZ Engine
(NOT smog legal)

Everyday more and more people are swapping newer engines into their old trucks, LCE has developed a totally new header that will work with your newer 2RZ/3RZ and will also fit on your old style Toyota Pickup truck or 4Runner.

This is a high quality header designed to get the most horse power for your Toyota 2RZ/3RZ. There are other headers on the market but none will come close to the LCE Headers in terms of horse power and torque gains. This header kit will come with new OE the gaskets needed for install.

All the same quality components used in our 22R/RE line are now available for your 2RZ or 3RZ engine. Our header kits for the 3RZ are made from 1-5/8" 304 stainless steel tubing, 16 gauge .065 wall, and feature 1/2" thick flanges at the head and 3/8" thick flanges at the collector. 3RZ header has a 2 1/2" collector to bolt to the factory catalytic converter. For the best performance, our headers are ceramic coated for long-lasting great looks and lower under hood temps. Kits include all gaskets needed for proper installation. LCE 2RZ/3RZ header kits are direct fit on single catalytic trucks only. Trucks with dual catalytic converter applications will require modification to use LCE's header kit.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can answer any questions that you might have
Attached Thumbnails 2RZ/3RZ Swap Header for Pre 84 Toyota-3rz-swap-header.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
A bolt on catback exhaust catback exhaust system for 79-83 20R/22R Pickups would sell a whole lot better than this ever will.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:00 PM

Dave,

We have done the research on doing the catback system for the early Pickups.
The reason why we have not made a full system, is do to so many variations in the vehicle.
There was time that we put into it, but the frames are different.
Some have Wide Frames and other have the Narrow Frames.
That was one of the problems that we faced.
One of the other factors was that the hangers for the Leaf Springs are in a few different places on the frame.
So it makes it hard to make a DIRECT FIT Catback system.

Andrew
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

I get your point on the hanger locations; however, there should only be two different geometries of the actual exhaust piping and muffler locations for the 79-83 4WD (and maybe 2WD) trucks: Long bed and short bed. I think it would be worthwhile to develop an exhaust system that the customer can bolt it up and then weld on hangers (or use clamp on hangers) where needed for their particular application. The problem that most 79-83 owners have is that they don't have the pipe bender to bend their own exhaust piping and a stainless exhaust is gets to be pricey at the local exhaust shops. I would definitely buy a stainless exhaust and weld on my own hangers if I had the opportunity to do so. I've even considered getting the LCE 85-95 exhaust and modifying it to fit.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Dave,

I have brought it up many times that we should be doing the early style exhaust systems. It would be a good thing to have out there. Make it a lot easier for you guys in the early trucks to get the exhaust all squared away.

I have had some guys that get the 85-95 exhaust, and modify it to put under there trucks. I have tried to get in contact with them to see what they have done if anything to make it work.

I'am still gonna try to push to get this one made..

Question for you, anything else you would like to see us do or come out with?
Any input is good input.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Yep, I can come up with a few...
-L52 Short shifters
-22R replacement wiring harnesses
-79-83 plate steel front and rear bumpers - I bet you couldn't make them fast enough
-81-84 22R Built new cast cylinder heads
-79-83 Old Man Emu springs - best riding aftermarket stock length springs available
-79-83 adjustable torque rod - again, I bet you couldn't make them fast enough
-A rear disc brake swap "accessory" kit - not the actual conversion but everything needed to make the conversion operate properly (ie: residual valve, manual load proportioning valve, fittings to connect to factory Toyota brake fittings and maybe even a 1" bore master cylinder). The problem that I had was finding all the fittings to connect the standard threaded valves into a metric Toyota brake system.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited by kawazx636; 05-22-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would order the system right away. What you fail to see Kawasaki....is that is is not to their advantage to please us or make what we need...it is about profit. If LCE...or marlin....or anyone else for that matter really gave a crap....we would have affordable door panels...doors...floor pans.... Its about what they can get mostly built...and alter cheaply...to make maximum profit on.

Now marlin is innovative...and a nice man...but its a big company now. Its more like...where you want to wheel sir...we will have it shipped and waiting sir. Here sign this and that. Take this check.

79-83 Gets squanto cause they think we are just cheap kids slapping junk together.

I'd pay.....1000 for a repro of my floorpan...if it was quality...like new.
We know someone is willing to pay 3k or more for a fiberglass bed.

They just don't give a crap about our market segment. Its about the dollars.

Research...pfft. I could hand pick a team from yotatech members that could hand you over blueprints for new parts for you to make with near engineer results....and you guys would still poop on em.