Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revtek + OME coils??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revtek + OME coils??

Hi everybody ( Hi Dr. Nick ) heheheh

OK... I have spent the last few days reading my brains out trying to figure out the lift I would like to run on a 1997 4Runner.... ( that includes searching for those looking to pull the search card out )

I really like the tundra coils front, OME 891 coils rear, OME N91S front struts, OME N86 rear shocks, and a 1" BL with 285/75/R16....

But then I was struck by this thought... nobody I can FIND has done it....

3" Revtek kit, OME 881 coils in the front ( 1.25" lift ) and OME 906 coils ( 2" lift ) rear... and OME struts/shocks ( N91S front, N86 rear )...

I want to keep the truck level.... all the trucks with the Revtek kits seem to have saggy bums....

Am I pushing my luck here?? Its just a thought to not have to do the 1" BL... this would be like 4" ish total from what I have read ( Rears are 1" and fronts are like 1" ) .... would brobably leave the top up spacer off too in the front....

Please let me know what you think... probably that I'm crazy.. heheheh

thanks guys!!!

Bob

Last edited by Mr. Bob; 12-27-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 AM

3 inch revteck with OME= im pretty sure that would be the stiffest ride you could possibly get and your cvs would we in pretty bad shape with that much lift. A revteck 3inch spacer up front is already as high as you wanna go up front. I would definalty not reccomend this. And for the rear why not just get LC coils for less than half the price of revteck rear spacer and the 906s. Save your self the trouble and go for cruiser coils in the back and tundra coils(with andys spacer) up front with OME shocks all around. ive seen to many people do the cheap way first then moving to the tundra setup, so save your self some money and you end up with a great ride.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4unner4life
3 inch revteck with OME= im pretty sure that would be the stiffest ride you could possibly get and your cvs would we in pretty bad shape with that much lift. A revteck 3inch spacer up front is already as high as you wanna go up front. I would definalty not reccomend this. And for the rear why not just get LC coils for less than half the price of revteck rear spacer and the 906s. Save your self the trouble and go for cruiser coils in the back and tundra coils(with andys spacer) up front with OME shocks all around. ive seen to many people do the cheap way first then moving to the tundra setup, so save your self some money and you end up with a great ride.
Ditto. If I only trusted when I first got on this board, I would have went w/ Andy's setup. But no, being a stupid newb, I went w/ the Revtek, stock springs and Bilsteins. I don't mind my ride but I'm kinda jealous of the comfort factor that others have mentioned w/ Andy's setup.

BTW, I don't think I spent much less w/ my current setup than I would have had I gone the "Bamachem" way.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

You will not re-invent the 3rd gen lift. Almost every combo has been tried. This is a no brainer.
pick you poison and run it.
They all cost about the same.
The cheapest vendors are listed

There is no pioneering an IFS lift for a 3rd gen 4runner. It has been done and well documented.

Re-read the Tundra/TRD thread would be my advice